• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Need a good support pokemon (with stealth rock and spikes) and general team help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Mar 21, 2011
Delete this thread. I decided it should be put in the sticky. How do I delete it?
Is there any pokemon that can learn both stealth rocks and spikes? I really need entry hazards, and general support for my team.

Here is my team so far:

Excadrill @ Smooth Rock
Sand Rush, Bashful Nature
252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Earthquake
Swords Dance
Rock Slide
Sandstorm

This guy is my Sweeper. I picked him up, well because he is amazing at sweeping. I am thinking of picking up either Tyranitar or Hippowdon so I can replace Sandstorm with a more useful move.

Chandelure @ BrightPowder
Flash Fire, Bashful nature
252 Sp. Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Shadow Ball
Flame Burst (Flamethrower, after I get the TM)
Hex (What can I change this to? It will need to be a TM)
Will-O-Wisp (Thinking of changing this too. What should I put?)

Chandelure basically is there for sweeping whatever Excadrill can't. However, he needs some work. Only one move is permanent, and I am at a loss for what else to put. What other moves should a sweeper know? I made the mistake of evolving him too early, because I didn't know the move tutor didn't let you learn moves from previous evolutions.

Ferrothorn @ Big Root
Iron Barbs, Bold Nature
252 Defense, 252 Sp Defense, 4 HP
Iron Defense (Should I change this to ingrain?)
Toxic
Leech Seed (I chose to breed this into him rather than stealth rock/spikes, :(
Power Whip

Ferrothorn is my tank. I'll switch him in, use leech seed (with big root) and toxic. If the opponent is using physical moves, i use Iron Defense. If he's using special moves, I start power whipping. Normally, (especially with physical attackers) Ferrothorn can wait the battle out.

All of the rest of the Pokemon are really interchangeable. I plan on hatching and EV training a Galvantula later. Is this a good idea, or bad?

My main concern here was finding a pokemon with spikes and stealth rock. Support is the biggest thing missing from my team, as I have a Physical Sweeper (Excadrill) and a Sp Sweeper (Chandelure) as well as a toxic tank. Are there any more roles I need to fill? Thanks :3

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back