• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
Ciel put his third Pokeball close to his lips for a moment, whispering. Then he nodded and tossed it out. "Treat them Triac," he ordered softly. He released his Flaffy, who caught himself on his hind legs. The Pokemon bowed politely to Nova. You must always give a greeting when you first make an entrance. Then he glanced behind him toward Ciel, who nodded. He remembered what the boy had said before releasing him. It would be a difficult task but the sheep was certain he could perform. He was the weakest of Ciel's Pokemon yet the best fighter. It would be quite difficult to be challenged. But he could do it. Ciel wanted Bri to win. And the master's orders were absolute.

"Hello," Triac suddenly stated. "A pleasure to meet you. I am Triac, your opponent. Shall we begin." The gem on his tail began to shine in challenge. He tensed himself, moving to all-fours. "Come and get me if you dare." he was bad at the taunting thing and knew it. But that pup was prideful and would not like to be mocked.

Skye saw Ciel's set expression and said nothing. He wondered if Ciel would be able to pull this off. He likely wasn't as good as SKye himself at battling but like it or not, he was better than Bri. To help the kid pull out a real victory would be tough.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Snype noticed Thyme was about to kiss him again... although that was quickly interupted by a familiar squeeky sound... speak of the devil. How long had she been down there?! Oh if she heard all of that stuff from earlier... Snype was so focused on Thyme... she could have been there the whole time! Duster would go back and tell Bri... crap!

"Wait calm down Thyme! If she leaves now that'll lead to major consequences!" Snype whispered in Thymes ear. "What if she runs off and tells Bri?" Snype leaned back and looked at Duster. "Now Duster... we can explain! Don't get any bright ideas!" Snype pleaded... crap... now what?

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
(OOC: Me and Fuyu are working on something big. But I can still post for Thyme and Duster. ;))

Duster

"Alright! Have it your way lover birds! I'll leave you two alone for some fun time. I guess I can go keep Bri company. He'd love to hear all about a funny meeting with a certain blushing green snivy! Heheheh!" Duster said. She spun around happily and began toward the stairs leading toward the deck. She had been bluffing, of course. She was just joking with them. But, nothing could have prepared her for what happened next.

Thyme

Thyme listened to Snype, and as if to confirm her worst fears, Duster said she was going to rat them out. She froze. Her heart slowed to a crawl. This... This would ruin everything. Brian would be disappointed with her for leaving the pokemon center. He wouldn't want a pokemon that wouldn't listen to him. And he'd get rid of her. She never see him again. And she would never see Snype again. All because of that little rat over there! She had to mess everything up! This was all her fault! Part of her brain told her she was over reacting. That's not the part she listened to. No, her attention was focused on the part that was telling her to make sure Duster could not and would not talk. The only way she knew how. The way Logan had used on her.

Without so much as a glance at Snype, Thyme leapt to the ground and walked toward Duster, who was still laughing as she walked. She snaked out her vines and wrapped them around the minccino's neck and began to throttle her. Duster was stunned and whirled around, looking at Thyme with fear and shock. But, she was no helpless little baby. Duster began yanking at the vines, and when that didn't work she blasted a Thundershock through them, zapping Thyme. Thyme let go immediately and danced back, shaking her head. She glared at Duster.

"What's your problem!?" Duster yelled irrately. Thyme just kind of hissed at her and opened fire with Bullet Seed, knocking Duster into the wall. Thyme was enraged. She advanced on Duster, who got to her feet and leapt at Thyme with Pound, smacking her across the head with her tail.

Megaman765

Years
Duster walked off say she was going to tell Bri all about it... Snype wasn't sure if that was a bluff or not, but boy was Thyme mad. So mad that she actually went on ahead to attack Duster! Crap... this was going to bring alot of attention towards them!

"Woah! Calm down! hey! Stop fighting!" Snype said. Although he was ignored as the two continued fighting. Vine whips and pound attacks going back and forth... after awhile Snype had decided to step in and put a stop to the fight. He used Shadow Sneak to get between them and hold out both of his hands toward the two of them.

"Stop it Stop it Stop it! If the teachers find out about this fight then Bri is the one who's going to get in trouble! Control yourselves! I don't care who you both think started it!" Snype said seriously.

Nideous

Years
Duster

Duster was fed up with Thyme! Her attitude made Duster sick. She jumped back, furious at the Snivy, and not at all caring what Snype was saying.

"You little b****! You think you can just walk all over anyone you want! That isn't going to happen! Just because you're Bri's favorite doesn't mean I have to put up with your crap any more!" Duster squeeked angrily. Thyme glared at her, a crazed gleam in her eyes that terrified Duster. Thyme meant buisiness. But Duster wasn't going to back down.

"Out of the way Ssssnype! I'm going to kill her! Sssshe iss the one that dessservesss thisss! You think you are sssoo tough! You have no idea who you're dealing with!" Thyme said, so livid that she was not able to speak properly and her s's rolled and elongated themselves. She glowered at Duster, unmoving. Duster rolled her eyes. This girl was a spoiled child.

"I'm dealing with a spoiled brat that isn't getting her way. No trouble at all little Ms. Temper-tantrum!" Duster said. She felt bad that Snype was stuck in the middle of all this, but she was too fed up with Thyme for that now.

"Inssssolent little rat! I'll put you in your placcce!" Thyme sneered. She rolled away from Snype and fired more Bullet Seeds at Duster, who leapt out of the way and began running in a circle around the room, causing Thyme to blast the place with her attack. She turned and leapt at Thyme, intending to Double Slap her into next week when Thyme caught her with her vines and slammed her into the walls, and then the ceiling, a look of anger... And joy? Was Thyme enjoying this? Her eyes brightened a bit when Duster cried out in pain. Duster felt herself fall and hit the ground. She opened and closed her eyes several times as Thyme walked toward her, limping a bit and breathing very heavily.

Megaman765

Years
Thyme seemed to ignore Snype completely... as she rolled out of the way and continued fighting Duster. This wasn't good... Duster was in horrible condition as well... If Bri saw her like this... gah they were all screwed but at this point he wasn't worried about that. Thyme was out of her mind! Snype stepped in front of Thyme again.

"Thyme! Stop and think about what your doing! Your becoming the very thing you despise the most!" Snype said, referring to Logan. Snype wasn't looking to fight back... Thyme was in bad enough condition as is... "Thyme stop it... Duster's already hurt enough. You don't need to continue this..."

Nideous

Years
Thyme

Thyme knew what she was doing was wrong. Duster didn't deserve this. But god it felt so good to just release everything on to her. All of her anger, all of her agression. She paused a moment and looked at Snype. She knew he was right. She knew it, but kind of didn't really care. Or did she? That small part of her mind she was listening to told her to ignore him and keep going until Duster got the message. Most of her was screaming in anger, not making any sense. But there was also a sane part that was telling her enough was enough. Duster groaned feebily and struggled to stand. Thyme began shaking. She was tired. She didn't want this.

"Fine... Jussst... Jusssst go. I don't care what you tell Brian... Jussst go," Thyme said slowly. Duster wasn't having that though. She squeeked angrily, and wordlessly and blasted Thyme with a powerful Thundershock. Thyme fell to her knees and gave in again. She had been willing to let her go and this was how she repayed her? Unacceptable!

"You think... You can just beat up on me and get away with it!? That is not happening!" Duster squeeked angrily at her. Thymegot to her feet, still hurting all over. That Thundershock had hurt. She growled angrily and leapt into the air and began sninning, creating a powerful Leaf Tornado. If the room hadn't been wrecked before, it was now, what with all the leaves getting thrown around. Duster was swept into the air and Thyme blasted her into the wall. Thyme dropped to the ground and fell to all fours, a bit of blood dripping on the ground. The force of the Leaf Tornado had ripped her bandages off. But that wasn't going to stop her. She snaked her vines out and wrapped them around Duster, who struggled feebily, and began slamming her as hard as possible into the floor. Thyme was... Strangely enjoying this!? What? Why did hurting Duster make her feel good? Well, not good, but kind of satisfied. Duster cried out in pain for one last slam on the ground, and Thyme was too weakened to lift her again. Duster began crying.

"Ssso... I thought you were going to teach me a lessssson. Now, get out of my sssight! I'm sssick of looking at you! Never try to fight me again you little rat! Jussst get away from me!" Thyme hissed at Duster, who cried feebily, but was unable to move. Thyme ignored her and walked out, letting Duster cry in piece. She wandered down the hall and stopped, as she was shaking too much to move. Now she was the one crying. How could she have done that? Duster was her friend! And she had enjoyed hurting her! What kind of person likes hurting other people? Thyme was unable to answer herself, so she stood there in the middle of the hallway crying softly to herself, as the hole in her chest dripped slowly. Through tear filled eyes, she looked down. Her arm was fully healed. Her chest was healing very well, and she couldn't even see her rib cage anymore. But the wound was still open. And bleeding a little. Thyme didn't care.

Megaman765

Years
Snype sighed in relief when Thyme stopped... but Duster continued to fight Thyme. What was wrong with her? Snype was clenching onto his own head. "No no no no this is NOT happening..." Snype thought to himself. Throughout all of the action, Thyme had lost her bandages... and was bleeding a whole lot. She left both Duster and Snype by theirselves. Snype wasn't sure what to do at this rate... help Duster or help Thyme first? Snype began to think this was his fault... he began thinking that he should have never brought Thyme out here like this...

He just sat down and clenched onto his head. He didn't know what to do anymore. He looked over to duster and back to where Thyme ran off... "...I'm sorry Duster..." Snype said quietly.

Nideous

Years
Thyme

Thyme stood stock still, crying her eyes out. She was horrible. She had hurt her best friend, and for what? Why had she felt so... So threatened by Duster. She had clearly over reacted. Gah! Stupid rat just had to push her didn't she? She paused and looked wonderously down at herself when she started glowing. Wait, what? She was evolving? No! She didn't want that! She focused her energy into Secret Power, feeling the power flood through her and she growled angrily.

"I sssaid I don't want to be a Sssservine!" Thyme said angrily to no one inparticular as she was blasted by her own barely controlled powers. She hit the ground and was breathing heavily.

Duster

Duster sat still. It hurt to move. Stupid little grass snake!

"Gah! Why can't she take a little joke?" Duster said quietly, still crying. What was wrong with Thyme? She... She had terrified Duster. She never wanted to see Thyme like that again. No matter what happened. She couldn't tell Bri. She couldn't tell anyone. She began shaking with fear. Even now that Thyme had left the room, she was still scared.

"I wasn't even going to tell Bri. Why did she act like that? What happened?" Duster asked pleadingly of Snype. Phsyically, she was hurt and worn out and beat up, but she would be fine soon. But things had changed between her and Thyme. And she knew it. She gazed pleadingly up at Snype as she lay there, hurt and scared and confused.

(OOC: I asked a question in the OOC thread. Would someone take a look at it?)

Megaman765

Years
Snype shook his head. "Thyme's been through alot lately... it's hard to explain and its kind of a long story... ah! Thyme!" Snype said as he turned to the door and back to Duster. "Look Duster, I'll try to explain it later... I gotta catch up to Thyme! She was bleeding earlier..." Snype said. Duster seemed like she would be fine, although she was rather scared... he wasn't even sure if she would be willing to help Thyme after all of that madness...

"Thyme!" Snype called out as he ran over to her. She was in bad condition... and still baddly wounded. He could see blood dripping from the path she walked in.

"Thyme... comon whats wrong...? What was all of that about?" Snype asked, holding onto her. She was breathing heavily... gah where was a Nurse when you needed one?

(ooc: I gave it a look. I'll talk about it with Yellow o3o)

Nideous

Years
Thyme

"I... Well, jussst a minute ago I ssstopped myself from evolving if that wassss what you were asssking about," Thyme said quietly, still shaking. She knew that wasn't what Snype was asking about. And she hated it, but she was still too distressed to speak clearly. She shook her head. Sure, she was bleeding a little bit, but that was nothing to worry about. But, she still needed to get something to stop the bleeding. She pulled herself from Snype's arms and walked into another room, heading for the bathroom. She used her vines to pull a large amount of toilet paper off of a fresh roll and pressed it against the wound, gasping in pain.

"... I guessss you want me to explain what happened back there. Don't you? Well... When Dussster sssaid sshe wasss goint to tell Brian... It felt like me whole world wassss falling apart... I... I jussst sssnapped. I couldn't let her tell Brian. He would not be happy and I... I... I over reacted... Badly. Now, ssshe'sss going to tell him what happened, and he'sss not going to want me... I ssshouldn't have attacked her. I... I jussst lossst it. Sstill. I can't believe I wasss sso angry. It sscared me. Foget me, it sscared Dusster!" Thyme said as she sat down on the ground. She was still scared of herself after that. Scared that she was a bad person. After all, how can she be good if she got enjoyment out of hurting Duster? And what if she couldn't stop? Hurting Duster or any of the others was one thing, but what if she got mad and hurt Brian or Snype? She was already wracked with guilt!

Duster

Duster shook herself off again and was finally able to move. She got weakly to all fours and began walking out of the room. She didn't know where Thyme went, but she really didn't want to face her. She wanted to go fond Bri and just cry herself to sleep in his arms. She could not ever tell anyone what had happened. After all, if Thyme did this to her for joking about telling Bri that she was on the boat, what would she do if she heard Duster told him about her hurting her. No, she had to come up with something to tell him, because he would surely ask. She walked down the hallway and began climbing slowly up the steps for the deck.

(OOC: Thanks. :D)

Megaman765

Years
Snype walked into the bathroom with Thyme as she went to cover up her wound. Snype sighed and put his arm around her.

"Thyme... we were going to end up telling Bri anyways. Besides, it's not like he can just take you back there right now... besides, its mostly my fault. You wouldn't have gotten out of there without my help. I helped because I wanted to be with you on the trip. So if anybody is going to be dissapointed, its going to be Mark..." Snype said calmly.

"And Thyme... I wouldn't worry about Bri. He obviously cares about you, no matter what you get yourself into. I mean... you've both been together for a long time after all. Theres no way in hell he would ditch you after a little fight... sure it scared duster and I don't know how that's gonna effect her in the long run... but... if Bri does find out, I'll take the full blame for it... Thyme please don't be upset." Snype said to her.

Nideous

Years
Thyme

"That'sss... That'ss sso ssweet Sssnype. But I can't let you do that. It wasss my fault. Poor Dusster. I'm going to have to ssay sssorry... Sssnype... I'm a horrible perssson. I... I hate to sssay it, but I... I wasss enjoying hurting Dussster. I... I liked it and that sscaresss me. I... I can't... I don't know what to do now," Thyme said slowly, still trying to calm down. With her free hand she hugged him back and burried her face in his chest and broke down completely. She frightened herself. She hated that she had enjoyed hurting Duster and the feeling of power it had given her. What was she going to do? She... She was so sad. She felt horrible about what she had done, and felt worse that she had liked it at the time. What was she going to do next? What could she do?

Megaman765

Years
Snype patted Thyme lightly on the back as she broke down. He looked down at Thyme to hopefully comfort her more... She must have felt terrible. She enjoyed hurting Duster? Snype really didn't know what to say to that... all he could do was hope to calm Thyme down more as he held her in his arms.

"There there Thyme... Just let it all out... calm yourself..." Snype said. He didn't think it would be all that comfortable putting her face into Snype's chest... considering he had a Gem in there but either way, Snype tried his best to Comfort her, holding her closely.

Nideous

Years
Thyme

Thyme sat there and cried herself out. After she was done she took a deep breath to calm herself down. She blinked twice and shook her head. She looked up at Snype a moment.

"Thank you. I still don't know what happened. I don't want to ever feel like that again..." Thyme said once she had calmed down and stopped hissing. She shook her head again. What was wrong with her? Because it had to be something. She shook her head again and tried to think. She looked down at herself. Her dark green arm had a very large, jagged bright green scar, but she could move it without it hurting. She didn't dare remove the bath tissue from where she was pressing it against gash on her chest. She glanced back at Snype, wondering a little why he was still here. Most people would turn and run after what she had told him just now, but not him. It made her feel a little better.

Duster

Duster reached the stairs, still wailing a little bit. She tried to stand on her hind legs as she normally did and found it hurt. She pulled herself up the first step. What was wrong with Thyme? She'd never been that angry before... Duster pulled herself up a few more steps. After the fifth step she slipped and fell down, banging her tail. She caught herself on the third step and climbed back up them. She was not having a good day. She finally made it back to the deck and began walking toward where Bri and the others were.

Fuyu

Years
(Joint Post! I am blue and Nideous is green.)

Bri was a little shocked when the Flaffy came out. He was so... Adorable! He looked at Nova and frowned when he saw the feral expression on the dog's face.

"Nova!" Bri said, forcing calmness into his voice. Nova took his eyes off Triac and looked up at him a moment. Bri shook his head at the pup before turning back to Ciel and Triac.

"Hi Triac! I'm Bri and this is Nova! Nova, let's get things started with... Um..." Bri said. He had forgotten what moves Nova knew. After all, Nova had leveled up recently and gained some new ones. Bri reched around and pulled out his pokedex, whincing at the sound of the crutch falling out from under his arm. He turned it on and scrolled to the page that had Nova's info on it. He'd never seen that move before...

"Nova, Flame Wheel!" Bri said uncertainly. Nova barked and snarled at Triac.

"Well, time's up Chew Toy," Nova said with a menacing grin, his Intimidate ability coming into play. Flames leapt from his mouth and he ran towards Triac, leaping up and curling into a weird looking wheel of fire that shot towards Triac like a rocket.

Triac didn't even flinch from Intimidate. "What a impolite child you are," he scolded Nova mildly. "At least your trainer has some manners." As Nova crashed into him, Triac winced and his left paw glowed. He slammed it down in a Rock Smash. Truthfully, he had wanted to learn Brick Break but Ciel had been being careful. Triac's whole body was filled with electricity, his wool sparking as it was hit by the Flame Wheel.

"Dude..." Rama muttered. "What is with this guy and cute Pokemon?"

Ellie shrugged. "We're cute and we're awesome." Rama couldn'tdisagree. He loved when his ego got stroked.

Nova yelped as the paw hit him in the flank and he leapt away, growling furiously. This bloody chew toy was going down! Aparently Bri agreed with him on that point.

"Nova... Use... Um... Bite!" Bri said, knowing this move well. From what he knew about it, which he had learned yesterday, it had a chance to make the opponent flinch. If it hit, maybe it would do that, and give Nova a chance to follow up with another attack! Nova rushed forward, his fangs glowing with dark power, and tried to wrap his fangs around Triac's head.

Triac let out a soft cry of pain, wincing slightly and freezing for a second in a flinch. Ciel waited. He was curious to know what attack Bri would follow up with in an attack. He didn't worry about damage too much, at least until Bri figured out what Teric's weaknesses were. Of course, he knew how to fix them too. Skye examined Triac for a moment. It seemed good against these physical attacks like Flame Wheel and Bite. Even if they did damage, they weren't seeming to do much. But he knew Bri would eventually figure this out, especially when Triac decided to beat up the poor arrogant pooch with his tail.

Bri thoughtfully considered his options. Quickly, as he didn't have a whole lot of time to breath, but thoughtfully. Bite was a pretty good dark attack. Flame Wheel and Ember were his two weapons of choice, being fire attacks. Nova being the fire type he was, it made sense that he'd be better with a fire attack, right? Odor sleuth would not help unless Triac raised his evasion or made clones or something. Roar would do nothing, as this was a one on one battle. And he still had no idea what Leer did. Well, might as well find out.

"Nova... Use leer and then use Flame Wheel again," Bri said, a little more confidently. He chose Flame Wheel over Ember because the pokedex said it was stronger. He didn't really get what the rest of the words and stuff meant, but higher numbers had to be better, right? Nova stopped growling and glared harshly at Triac, at the same time letting out a very scary snarl. Heck, it scared Bri a little bit, but not as bad as Roar had. He had to get rid of that move pronto! Nova then went flying, all covered in flame and spinning, toward Triac, right as he seemed to snap out of the flinching.

Triac sighed now, free of the flinch. The leer was discomforting but... he couldn't make this that easy could he? He carefully timed it and concentrated. Then he released a Thunderbolt toward the ground, making a bright light. When that Growlithe was in the flame, it likely had trouble discerning direction, like with Rollout. The best, and well, only option was to blind him for an instant and then...

"Iron Tail," Ciel whispered as Flaffy made his way away from the projected path, tail using a Steel power. He swung it to the right, aiming for the direction Nova had been flying in. "Be careful Bri," Ciel commented lightly. "Higher strength doesn't always mean it's the best move."

Nova was hit so hard by the Iron Tail it dazed him for a moment. He shook his head and leapt away, growling again, and limping a tad bit from where the tail hit his shoulder.

"Gah, that hurt... Come on Chew Toy, I just want to play a little... Heheheh, have you ever seen how badly a puppy shreds his toys?" Nova said in a low growl. Bri was freaked out by his own pokemon! What if he turned and decided to attack him? Battling with Nova had been a bad idea. Maybe he should have used Drizzle or Leena instead...

"Err... Um... Nova, please cut it out... I... Use Ember!" Bri said. Nova simply looked at him before blasting a torrent of flaming red orbs at the Flaffy opposite him.

Teric raised an eyebrow. "A teething puppy yes," Teric drawled. "Are they in pain from biting wool? You should get that looked at."

"Light Screen," Ciel mumbled. Fluffy created a golden box around him, weakening the Ember as it passed through. It vanished.

"That was a mean trap," Ellie told Skye, who shrugged.

Ciel didn't reply, merely commanded. "Thunderbolt." Flaffy's body released blue electricity all over the area.

"Wait, what happened to my attack?" Bri asked. He was scared. What the heck had happened? How had the Ember disappeared into thin air like that? Was there really a move that would stop an attack like that? That was nuts! It made no sense! Nova reacted angrily by charging through the Thunderbolt with Flame Wheel, heading right through, not caring that he was getting blasted by the powerful electric attack.

"Light Screen," Ciel stated dully. In battle, heknew full well he changed. "A non-damaging move that halves the strength of special attacks temporarily, which Teric isn't good with. Physical attacks like Flame Wheel are a safer bet but Teric is best at handling them, which is the opposite of Kinko. The only reason it faded was because of the weakness of the attack."

Teric seemed amused by the rage Nova was showing. He paused, thinking of his move. He nodded silently and glanced at Ciel a moment. Smiling he let the Flame Wheel strike again as the electricity faded and swung his tail to smack Nova with the move Return.

Bri nodded, thinking hard. He wondered how long it lasted. Not that it mattered much. Nova couldn't take much more. That Return smacked him hard on the head and he fell to the ground. Abruptly, he was back on his feet. He growled angrily, and with pain. But he was so stubborn. He began circling around Triac again. Bri thought quickly. That move had to have faded by now! Right?

"Ember again," Bri said quietly. Nova stopped growling and blasted even more flaming orbs at Triac. He put as much power into this one as he could. He was getting tired of this chew toy back talking him. He was going to show him who was boss!

Triac let out an unmanly squeal. That had gotten his wool! He was on fire! Even though the attack had still been weakened, it had gotten his wool! He squealed and rolled around,desperately trying to put out the fire. He caught himself on all-fours and charged in a Tackle attack, barreling into Nova. Though he couldn't see. Ellie winced. That hadn't burned the ship had it?

Nova smirked smugly and leapt, but he was too slow. Triac rammed into him hard. He yelped and fell to the ground. Brian again thought mayne Nova had not been the best choice. But this time it was because there was a black scorch mark on the deck of the ship. Bri turned back to the battle and saw Nova stubbornly struggling to get up, yapping furiously.

"Don't ask! I'll keep fighting! I'm never going to lose!" Nova snarled before Bri could even ask. Bri shrugged.

"Um... Just don't over do it. Use Bite again," Bri said. He was still wondering what Leer had done. Maybe it didn't so anything. Still, he had to hope he could somehow pull out a win. But Nova was running on fumes now. He was barely able to stand. Slowly at first, Nova began to run at Triac, his fangs glowing with dark power.

Triac shook himself, glaring now at Nova. Ciel smiled quietly. Bri probably couldn't tell but this was his victory. Triac was ticked off now. But... this wasn't over. Not just yet. "Rock Smash." Flaffy began to flash the crystal on his tail, the light glowing like a beacon. Then he swung the blinding gem at Nova's teeth.

Nova skidded to a stop and ducked his head, right in time to have Triac smack him upside the head with his tail. Nova took a few dizzy steps backwards. He shook his head, and took a few more steps back, tripping over his feet and falling down. He struggled to get up, but just couldn't.

"Gah..." Nova said before closing his eyes. Bri looked at the ground. He had done terribly. He just wasn't suited to battling. Nova was his strongest pokemon, but the two of them couldn't seem to synch up like the everyone else seemed to be able to. He couldn't really battle well with any of his pokemon. Not even Thyme. He shook his head.

"Err... Good battle," Bri said, forcing a smile to his face.

"You did better than you think," Ciel stated without preamble. He was not going to let Bri sink himself into a depression. It wouldn't help him at all. " Once you saw openings you took advantage of them. Your main problem is your lack of understanding. For anything to do with Pokemon, you need to be able to understand them. That doesn't just mean knowing what they are saying. That means knowing what they're feeling, their goals and beliefs, knowing them. It's the reason trainers are limited to carrying six Pokemon at a time. More than that would make it difficult to bond with your Pokemon."

"Yuh-hou almost wuh-won," Skye stated softly, grabbing Ellie to prevent her from running off.

"But Ciel is right," Jolt told Bri gently. "You may know what we say but do you know your Pokemon? Friendship takes more than talking. That will help you get better at anything you do, as long as you work with Pokemon."

"Ih-hif eh-eh-eh-anyone cah-han muh-make bonds with theh-them, it's you," Skye told him quietly. "Ah-hand I'd stuh-start wih-with Bouncy."

Megaman765

Years
Snype sighed again. "Folks get angry you know? It's part of being a living thing. We're subject to all of these emotions and even make mistakes every once and awhile. We're all kinda like humans in a way except some pokemon aren't trained as well as others to really act for themselves. We're different thankfully and are able to act independently but sometimes that can have its own consequences..." Snype explained, looking down at her with a small smile.

"Though in the end, the past is the past. You just gotta move on and face the next challange... that's how I see life personally and I couldn't have it any other way." He added.

Nideous

Years
Thyme

"Yeah... You're right. Still though. I don't like it," Thyme said. She shook her head to try and clear these confusing thoughts away. Her head was spinning. Maybe she should just lie down. She got back to her feet. Snype said something about being trained to act indepent of their trainers. But Thyme had never been trained like that. She was naturally independent. But that didn't matter. She would simply have to learn to control herself so that never happened again. It was a scary thought that she was kind of like Logan. She didn't want to be like him. She leaned her head on Snype's shoulder.

Brian

Bri returned the fainted Nova. He bent down and picked his crutch up. He walked back over to his chair and sat down before speaking.

"I know all that. But I haven't really had a chance to get to know my team. And Nova scares me. I still have no idea why he even listens to me. When we get back I'm going to really start learning my pokemon. Even if I'm not a good battler, I still need to know each one of them. Even better than I already know Thyme," Bri said. At that moment, Duster walked up. She was walking on all fours, holding her self rigid as though it hurt her to move. Tears were streaming down her face. It was tough to tell because she had so much fur, but she seemed to be covered in bruises. There was a bit of blood coming out of her nose. Bri looked at her with a look of shock on his face.

"Duster! What happened to you? Are you alright?" Bri asked as she walked over to him and sat down, crying something unintelligible. He picked her up and held her close to him, murmering quiet and soothing words. She sat there and cried for several moments. Bri turned to his friends.

"Thanks... I don't know what to say... Shh, it's ok Duster... It's ok..." Bri said, rocking her and holding her gently. Bouncy snoozed away, unaware of what was going on a few feet away from her.

Fuyu

Years
Ellie sniffed at Duster and growled at the scent she got coming off of her. But she didn't comment on it. She simply glowered at the air before cuddling close to Skye. Skye nodded at Bri before examining Duster critically. Then he pulled out a water bottle and washcloth. Rama got the hnt and dropped them by Bri. The fox trotted back to his owner, yipping and barking at the scents that filled his ears.

Ciel watched concernedly for a few moments before returning Triac. He looked worn out. He released Chika again and let her float over to Duster, making gentle concerned croons. THe Pokemon wasn't an idiot but something needed to distract the poor creature.

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
Years
Selene
"What was that?" said Selene sharply, turning to Vince as Blu flew gracefully alongside Blitz, her eyebrow raised slightly. Selene wasn't the sharpest of people, granted, but she caught enough of the word that Vince tried to pull back to know that he had had a run-in with Team Rocket that he was trying to cover up for some reason...but she didn't want to accuse him outright. She would much rather he realise she knew and tell her of his own volition than she wrangle it out of him. Not that Selene wouldn't end up dragging it out of the boy if he didn't co-operate - she could be very persuasive when she wanted to be.

"Yeah...I missed you too..." she said quietly, her somewhat stern expression softening into a smile as she watched Vince, "I haven't been around much...I suppose...I, well..." she trailed off, knowing exactly why she hadn't been around much. She'd been spending all her time with Valorie. Not wanting to think about Val right then, however, she sighed and rubbed the back of her neck before replying to Vince. "After my run in with Calnith...I don't know, something just kind of snapped and I needed to train. And it worked, I pushed my Pokemon and taught them a new fighting style that they all seem to have taken to...even got a few evolvers," she smiled, rubbing Blu's head sensitively, "but yes, I have missed hanging out with you. Perhaps we can spend some time together on this trip?" she threw that out there oh so casually, as though if he rebuffed her it wouldn't bother her at all...but it would really.

Then...then something out of the corner of her eye caught Selene's attention. Her first thought was that Calnith had followed them to cause trouble, but as she turned her head around she noticed that...what the hell?! Valorie...was tailing herself and Vince...on Charizard.

Her first somewhat bitter thought was wondering why Valorie had left her loved-up Mark behind to ruin her time with Vince. But almost as soon as thinking that, Sel felt bad...if Val had left Mark to follow her there was obviously a reason for it, judging by the tender moments they had been sharing on the deck Val wouldn't leave him for just anything. But how to deal with this...Sel was sorely tempted to just turn right back around and carry on flying with Vince and ignore Valorie's presence until she either gave up or caught up with them. She didn't really want to talk to her right now...and being with Vince was helping her clear her head and straighten things out...or at least stopping her from thinking about them for a while. Sel didn't really want that disrupting again...

On the other hand, Val was still her best friend. And whatever mood Mackenzie had put her in, it was wrong to take that out on her...if she needed to talk to her, Sel, about something then it was only fair to listen.

With a loud sigh, Selene moved Blu closer to Blitz and reached out, placing a hand gently on Vince's shoulder. "Vince...I think Valorie wants to talk to me, and I can't not go to her...will you still be here when I come back? Because this time I will be coming back," she promised with a small smile before retracting her hand and wheeling Blu round to fly in a circle, halting abruptly in front of Valorie and Charizard.

Arranging her face into a wide, yet somewhat fake smile, Selene watched Valorie with unusually distant, cold eyes as though she were looking through her, or looking at a cardboard cutout of Valorie atop Charizard and not the girl herself.

"Hey Val! What can I do for you? Taking Charizard out for a stretch or what?" her voice was unnaturally bright and bubbly, but the picture however cheerful was just altogether wrong. Selene was just off, and she wasn't that good an actress to pull it off convincingly. Inwardly knowing this, Sel mentally kicked herself - Valorie wasn't always the best at picking up on these things, granted, but even a blind and deaf man would be able to tell that Selene was not happy at that moment no matter what she tried to convey outwardly.

Back