• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Charizard does NOT evolve from Dragonite!!

Dragon_Trainer_

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • How many of you have some friends who try to show off their Pokémon knowledge in front of you and end up messing everything about Pokémon? I recently was talking to a friend about this topic when the guy says, " Yeah, such people are idiots! I mean everyone know CharLizard evolves from Dragonite!" And I stand there thining of how many times should I slap him.
    I mean if you don't know ♥♥♥♥ then accept it!

Share your Experiences!

Vinny Vidi Vici

Leave Luck To Heaven
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    It's hard to know everything about pokemon. There are over 700 pokemon, probably almost 750 if you include all forms of everything, I think it's almost impossible to know everything about every one of them, so I don't mind however much or little knowledge someone has on pokemon. There are no barriers to entry for being a pokemon fan. If you're a pokemon fan just because you think pikachu is cute, that's fine by me. For me, knowledge doesn't dictate fandom.

I guess your point was that your buddy was trying to talk like he knew what he was talking about when perhaps he really didn't have a clue. But maybe give him the benefit of the doubt, maybe he just had Charmeleon and Dragonite confused. It might seem like a silly mistake to make, but we all have those brain farts where you get things confused. Even if it wasn't an slip of the tongue, I think most people can also relate to bluffing knowledge on a subject in social situations. Be it politics, sport or whatever, I'm sure we're all guilty of the cursory 'oh yeah' in response to a topic we have no idea about.

As for the actual question, I remember getting into a little argument with my friend about whether Charizard could learn Fly in the gen 1 games. He was adamant that he did because he taught his Charizard Fly and he only ever played the gen 1 games, while I was sure he couldn't because I can remember thinking how it was absurd that he couldn't learn it. Well we looked it up, and it turned out we were both right in a way as he could learn it in Yellow, but not Red of Blue.

Years
  • One of my friends who only became a Pokemon fan recently has mixed some things up...for example we were talking about our favorite starters and he said stuff like "I love the gen 3 starters like Charmander" and things along those lines. Although I didn't get too mad considering X was his first Pokemon game, but as most of us are old fans we tend to make fun of others who don't know everything about Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2024
    A friend of mine told a group of us that Venusaur Charizard and Blastoise would evolve again at level 100 if they were given a leaf stone, fire stone and water stone. Of course being young we tried it and it didn't work at all.

Years
    • Age 31
    • OH
    • Seen Aug 25, 2014
    A friend of mine told a group of us that Venusaur Charizard and Blastoise would evolve again at level 100 if they were given a leaf stone, fire stone and water stone. Of course being young we tried it and it didn't work at all.

Been there...tried that hahah

GeraldTheTheroiest

Pokemon Theroiest
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2015
    I remember trying to teach my sister about it and she kept messing everything up, as she kept saying Arbok evolves into Seviper(common mistake but still) Feebas evolves Gyarados and magikarp evolves into milotic.

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2024
    Don't worry the anime thought that Arbok evolves into Seviper.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chimchar

THE Chimchar Tamer
    Years
  • My older brother thought that Pikachu evolved into Electabuzz and not Raichu. I argued and we went to the google of Pokemon, Serebii. Where, I proved that I reign supreme and he is inadequate compared to me.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
  • I sorta have one of these, he's not my friend but I have known him for years, he works at the local game store and thinks he knows every thing, well one day when I went in there to reserve my versions of X and Y, he said some thing (don't remember exactly what) and I stood there for a minute and thought to myself, well that's not right, should I say some thing? Well I had to, I mean what if some one else came in wanting to know info and he gave incorrect info.

emptyhead2110

I don't know what to put here
    Years
  • So, while me and my friend were young, and didn't know too much about Pokemon past Gen 1, we thought that Togepi eventually evolves into Lugia. I can't help but laugh at that idea when I think back about it nowadays

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2016
    I think the argument my friends had at one point sums it up best. "Mews under the truck", " eh no, he evolves from Mewtwo at Level 85!". I'm just sitting there a year younger than them like, cmon guys.

One of my friends once said, "I got Venusaur, Blastoise & Charizard shinies in the same pack". Pffffft, the things we believed.

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2020
    I can't remember the exact details but one of my friends once told me that to get Deoxys on Emerald you had to go to the moon. So of course the logical place to go was the Space Center in Mossdeep City. I think the method was something along the lines of: talk to someone inside the center, then do a certain amount of steps which takes you to the white rock on the outside, then do another certain amount of steps back to the first person you talked to, then he'll take you into space so you can catch Deoxys. Needless to say, it never worked.

Years
  • I can't remember the exact details but one of my friends once told me that to get Deoxys on Emerald you had to go to the moon. So of course the logical place to go was the Space Center in Mossdeep City. I think the method was something along the lines of: talk to someone inside the center, then do a certain amount of steps which takes you to the white rock on the outside, then do another certain amount of steps back to the first person you talked to, then he'll take you into space so you can catch Deoxys. Needless to say, it never worked.
    I remember hearing something similar- having to wait exactly 100 weeks after the first successful rocket launch at the Mossdeep Space Center, and after that, you'd be invited to the moon, where you could catch Deoxys (or maybe it was Jirachi...). Obviously, that didn't work either.

Mylabugz

Mylakip
    Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2017
    Don't worry the anime thought that Arbok evolves into Seviper.

Wow lol ^^ that shocks me that even the suppose-to-be experts messed up and that mess up went through. (I figured someone would have seen it before they aired and say something)

Have any of you seen Sjin from YOGSCAST? Sometimes I can't stand listening to him when he plays pixelmon because he really doesn't know pokemon at all and forgets what he learns alot. I try to take alot of deep breathes and pray he'll remember what he's already learned.

Last edited:

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I make it a point to only befriend true Pokémon masters.

No but really, I only have a handful of friends that are casual Pokémon players. The others are either as hardcore as me or have no interest at all. The more casual ones aren't totally ignorant though, but they sometimes get stuff like typing wrong, like idk, thinking that Pyroar is a pure Fire-type, or something minuscule like that.

Years
  • I'm pretty tolerant of people who don't know much about Pokemon, but that's because I'm somewhat of a self-proclaimed expert on the subject. But I know even I can't remember everything off the top of my head.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    My friends have never tried to show off their Pokémon knowledge in front of me, haha. Of course, they would converse with me about such things, and whenever they get anything wrong, I correct them. Most of them aren't as into Pokémon as I am, so it's understandable.

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2014
    Long ago when all my Pokemon knowledge was only what I learned from the anime (Kanto reigon, after Kanto Pokemon anime was banished in Turkey bc some stupid kid died jumping off the window thinking he is Charizard and he can fly, -although Charizard can't learn fly :P-.) Back then I had no idea about dragon type's existence and I thought Dragonite is a fire type. Well, didn't argue with anyone, me and all my friends just knew as much as we see in the anime :D And my first game was LeafGreen, first i surfed on Lance's Dragonite and he resisted. I was like ''Ok, so you are a water type then'' and used razor leaf, he resisted that too. Now I was like ''Resisted both water and grass, so this thing is a grass type? Seriosly?'' And when he resisted flamethrower, I was like ''OMGWTF dafuq are you?'' Finally, I thought of checking it on the internet, lol :D

Back