• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Other hack: Mario World X- The Return To Earth (AKA Bowser's Revenge).

BerserkPaladin

Has Left For GOOD
Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2008
    Originally known as Mario World X- Bowser's Revenge.

Hack of: Super Mario World (SNES)
    Currently Up to World 4.

Why I Started the hack.
    Originally known as Mario World X- Bowser's Revenge, I found that the hack did not have enough "flavor" to it, the palette was not the best and the levels were rushed.
    So I decided to start completely new. I found some patches and managed to start it again. Of coarse this hack is not new, I have been working on it on and off for a few months now, fixing every detail before I started this thread.

Le old Thread!

Story:
    The title Mario World X- The Return To Earth pretty much sums the whole story up, Mario and Luigi wish to return to Earth. but they have come across a few "complications". They need to collect the Ancient Keys that help keep the Mushroom Kingdom and Earth safe from pure darkness... Can they get the keys in time? or will Bowser get them and take over a completely new world.

Features:

Totally new music!
    -Currently Inserted.
    -Crash Bandicoot -Temple trekking (ah... the old bandicoot games)
    -Go Go Power Rangers! (It's got a good beat so I could not resist)

New Overworld Map
    New levels

Requirements:

An 512KB (U) NTSC ROM
    An SNES Emulator of any kind
    Lunar IPS (for patching YOUR ROM, not mine YOURS)

Media

-Screenshots
    (NOTE: These are old, I am using ExGFX's [Tileset's for Pokemon Hackers])

marioworldxthereturntoeay0.bmp

marioworldxthereturntoeqx2.bmp

marioworldxthereturntoerj2.bmp

marioworldxthereturntoeqj3.bmp

marioworldxthereturntoemu1.bmp

marioworldxthereturntoegf4.bmp

marioworldxthereturntoeyd0.bmp

marioworldxthereturntoeux9.bmp

marioworldxthereturntoejy5.bmp

-Videos
    None Yet

Things yet to be completed
    Completion of one of the longest levels in World 1
    Boss Level
    Underground/Pipe connections

Downloads.

Downloads include:
    IPS Patch V1.0 PreBeta

The Old Hack
    Mario World X - Bowser's Revenge Patch 2.25 ExBeta.

Sneek Peak at new level!- Post 15.

Please Enjoy the Hack.

You will not be able to pass Level 4 as it is not completed. ONE Pipe has not been changed yet.

Last edited:

Swampert 22

Is making tools for you...
    Years
  • Very good work, I will definately be playing this. I love Mario almost as much as Pokémon and I always welcome hacks.

Keep up the great work :)

Years
  • Are you Anikiti?

Either way, the levels are looking a bit bland. You need more bushes, coins, just decorative stuff like that. Also, if you want real constructive, experienced criticism, use smwcentral.net. Or are you banned there? Are you using Pac's SMW GFX Hack as a base? Looks like it.

He got the SMB3 BG's by using ExGFX.

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2013
    Few Hacks super mario xD
    This really well
    I hope we will follow

BerserkPaladin

Has Left For GOOD
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2008
    Are you Anikiti?

Either way, the levels are looking a bit bland. You need more bushes, coins, just decorative stuff like that. Also, if you want real constructive, experienced criticism, use smwcentral.net. Or are you banned there? Are you using Pac's SMW GFX Hack as a base? Looks like it.

He got the SMB3 BG's by using ExGFX.

No I'm not banned from smwcentral, I'm not even registered on it and yes I'm using a patch, as it will be the most common style used, but for the 4th level I'm hoping to try and insert some ExGFX for the labyrinth. But thanks for all the support, I have taken in all of your ideas and might take them into consideration.

BerserkPaladin

Has Left For GOOD
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2008
    New Level!+ New Design.

Well It has been awhile since I last posed an update, I have been re-designing all the levels again, to see what improvements are needed. I now have put custom music in and 1 level has been completed.

I have gone back to the original as ExGFX (Tilesets) do not work with the SMB3 Patch.

but anyway...
    I introduce you to the 4th level, Starlight Temple Gate. This is a 2 part level, the gate then the actual labrynith/temple. IT WILL BE BIG.

Note: This patch is only THAT level, none other, there are a few more changes to come, but this level will test your skills. I'm not gonna spoil it by posting screen shots, so download the .ips patch.

Features in this level
    -----------------------
    Camera follows you everywhere - this patch doesn't want to work sometimes.
    Sonic Labrynith Levels ExGFXs - All you pokemon hackers out there, these are pretty much tilesets.

and thats all!

my difficulty rating ***/
    3 1/2 out of 5

Back