• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

help me with my rain dance team?

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2010
    [FONT=&quot]At a glance: Metagross, Parasect, Drifblim,
    Castform, Lanturn, Dusknoir

Notes- I need help with EV's and such. also images are from arkeisis.com , i did not make them.

Metagross- damp rock, clear body
    Stealth Rock
    Meteor Mash
    Psycho Cut (?)
    Rain Dance

Summary: Get stealth rock and rain dance up, attack if opp. weak def. and hp. if not, rain dance then switch.
    should i get earthquake?

Parasect- Focus Sash, Dry Skin
    Spore
    Aromatherapy
    Protect
    Dig

My Cleric. Focus Sash because it doesn't have reliable defences. Blissy is a better option, but i HATE blissys. They haunt me dreams. Back on topic, dig is to lure flying type pokemon so i can set up lanturn to sweep.

Drifblim- Sitrus Berry, Unburden
    Substitute
    Baton Pass
    Rain Dance
    Shadow Ball

Sub. Pass helps me send out Parasect. Can I fit in rest and replace sitrus berry with chesto? I think i might need shadow ball tho.

Castform- Starf Berry(?) , Forecast
    Weather Ball
    Thunder
    Protect(?)
    Energy Ball

Unsure about item and protect...

Lanturn- Zoom Lens, Volt Absorb
    Thunder
    Hydro Pump
    Blizzard
    Thunder Wave

My one and only sweeper besides Castform. Good type coverage i believe.

Dusknoir- Leftovers, Pressure
    Focous Punch
    Night Shade
    Toxic
    Protect/ trick room

FP for a nice suprise, night shade for set damage and... yeah. pain split? trick room? might replace this with choice flygon for attack power against blissys >:)

EV's- HELP ME HERE!!!

meta- speed and attack
    parasect- defence, sp. defence and hp
    drifblim- hp, def
    lanturn- hp, sp. attk
    castorm- special attack, special def, hp
    dusknoir- special defence, hp

so... yeah. feel free to be as mean as possible :D[/FONT]

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Ok, first problems are you have nothing to benefit from the rain. Rain Teams should be heavily offensive and packed with offensive mons with swift swim. Kabutops, Gorebyss/Omastar, Qwilfish, Kingdra, Ludicolo etc are the best picks + E-Trode basically. You can fit a Supporter in there somewhere too like Bronzong for Stealth Rock but still stay on the offensive with Rain and make most of your team benefit from it.

This team has none of that and has absolutely no synergy and is just random pokes slapped together. :/

https://www.smogon.com/dp/articles/rain_offense

^

Back