• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Did you use your Riolu?

FindingXMemo

Echo Trainer
Years
I remember I never really used it before, but now when I play I always make sure that I get him or her and they always end up being a pivotal member of my team. He's usually the one that I use again most of Cynthia's pokemon because of his versatility with moves and everything

Flower

✿ flower keeper ✿
Years
I really needed a Fighting-type and a Steel-type at the time iirc, so I just went with what I got and conveniently this lil Riolu evolves into a Steel/Fighting-type! So yup, used Riolu + Lucario. Hatch and use it every game (Pearl/Platinum) as it always proves to be super useful in my teams =')

Years
Only if I chose Turtwig as my starter. I normally don't like having two Pokemon of the same type on my team, so Empoleon (Water/Steel) and Infernape (Fire/Fighting) would discourage me from using it.

Dracowyn

Hell's Traffic Accident
Years
Nope. I remember it was one of the last I had to evolve in order to complete my dex since it requires friendship to evolve.

The first time I actually used a Lucario in my team was in Y.

Lapis

✿ Flower Child ✿
Years
I thought about it. I didn't do it though. I just didn't feel like hatching an egg halfway through playing my game so I didn't really bother with it. <_<

Diarkia124

The Jack Master
Years
I ended up boxing Lucario. I already had enough physical power on my team with Staraptor and Garchomp so Lucario wasn't needed much. Not to mention it would be a pain to raise a Pokemon from LV1 after getting 4-5 badges.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
I did hatch it because it looked like a cool surprise and all but once i found out it was that low a level i was way to lazy to train it to where my other pokes were :3

Inky

:pleading_face:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
My team is always far too high levelled by that point for me to be bothered to train up for Lucario.

Should really have been given to you earlier in the game I think.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Sometimes I use it but usually I won't bother. I don't like Lucario that much as a Pokémon but after playing through Pearl about 50 times it's nice to mix things up a bit! I do remember he always felt quite strong once you'd levelled him up a tad.

porygoing

Kreeeeeh
Years
I didn't, because it takes time to make similar level to my party. And I didn't know Lucario is good.

Last edited:
Years
Interestingly, during my first Platinum playthrough, I don't think I ever did use it. Nor do I remember using it in mostly subsequent playthroughs except maybe once or twice.

kyuubi93

What a bother
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 24, 2018
I did in my first run, it was kind of a pain at first having to find somewhere I could safely grind, but it was worth it. I was so hyped when Riolu evolved into Lucario.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Yep, I found it pretty useful! Nice typing and good attacks. I kind of didn't want to, since Lucario is so popular and everywhere kind of, being the poster kid of a movie etc. But it was good c:

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
I remember wanting to, but I'm not sure if I did - I was still switching around my Pokémon a lot. Needless to say it didn't make my final team, but I definitely wanna use it next time.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
No because 1. I already had a well balanced team once I got it, and 2. There was usually at least 1 decent fighter or metal mon on my team. And since I dislike the line now, I'll probably never use it in the future.

Back