• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What does Platinum advance on?

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
Years
  • Well first, I think there's gonna be a new generation after ORAS. And after that, they're probably going to do a remake for DPP, which would be my delight.

I personally like it more when there are new generations, the hype stays more than a remake, but that's my own opinion.

I mean, I didnn't really have pearl, but my cousin had it. I think Platinum was better than better because of your guy's clothes. The clothes in DP were utterly horrible.

Last edited:

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • Platinum fixed some problems prevalent in Diamond and Pearl like the lack of certain types available and making battles, saving, and surfing faster. It also made Pokemon that weren't obtainable before like the Regi trio obtainable, and made some storyline improvements like Cyrus gaining control of both Dialga and Palkia and overall making the experience better. It also added two formes for Giratina and Shaymin respectively.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • For me I felt that Platinum picked up the pace a little in terms of battles, storyline etc. We also had some new and interesting characters who were heavily involved in the main storyline, take Looker for example. In addition to this it also gave the Fight Area more of a facelift by introducing Gym Leader Rematches, the additional plot with Team Galactic etc. In my opinion I'd say Platinum was a great improvement on Diamond & Pearl, it felt more than just a third game.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • Platinum fixed some problems prevalent in Diamond and Pearl like the lack of certain types available and making battles, saving, and surfing faster. It also made Pokemon that weren't obtainable before like the Regi trio obtainable, and made some storyline improvements like Cyrus gaining control of both Dialga and Palkia and overall making the experience better. It also added two formes for Giratina and Shaymin respectively.

That's pretty much it.

It also rebalanced a small amount of moves like Hypnosis. There are new graphics in some places, Amity Square allows more Pokémon in it, and so on.

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
    Years
  • Besides the "improvements" that the posts above mentioned, Plat added a quality post-game and a stronger selction (for example, DP was severely lacking in Fire types) of Pokemon. The Battle Frontier returned but with different "events" that made it different from Emerald's BF. Once you play Platinum, it's difficult to go back to DP, at least in my opinion.

EDIT: How could I forget the shake-ups to Gym Leaders and the Elite Four? Platinum turned out to be harder than Diamond (ironic, right?) and Pearl because all the important battlers got new teams. Cynthia's Platinum party is a huge step up from DP even though herimfamous Garchomp lost a few levels.

Back