• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Boring or stupid/annoying - which gets into your bad grades more?

Which of these two do you find worse?

• Boring, bland and/or forgettable

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Stupid, idiotic and/or annoying

Votes: 8 50.0%

• Total voters
Years
Some people argue that you can get more out of a generally bad movie, song, show, etcetera, than you can with a boring one. That can be argued in the sense that you might laugh at how "bad" it gets sometimes in that it revolves around and turns out to be funny, even if for the wrong reasons. Either that or it'll give you more to actually talk about...

Compared to something that may end up being just bland and forgettable, in which case you may not find much to say about it. But on the other side, some people can just forgive something boring, and they'll just shrug it off and call it a day, while they'll rage at something they find aggressively bad. That's understandable too.

How about you? Which would you rather have to put up with, something that's just bland and doesn't offend you, or something that actively gets stupid? Discuss.

Years
I find boring the worst At least if it's annoying, you've got something to watch. A movie with no substance isn't even worth looking at.

Years
I voted for stupid/annoying, and there's reasons why I think this breaks something for me.

For music, if the song in question has either annoying sound, vocals or constant overplaying it can really burn down the song in question for me very quickly. If it's a TV show, the main offenders are the reality genre because I know how constantly overexposed the genre is in my native Australia due to its cheap production costs, and is the main reason why I struggle to find good shows to watch, because there's just too many renovation, singing and cooking contests. It makes me want to puke at the TV industry in Australia that they're like, not trying when it comes to quality.

Boring/forgettable stuff is there, but at least they're actually something that I can tolerate.

Years
  • Seen Apr 30, 2015
Nothing is worst than sitting through a theater of a movie that just doesn't hook you in. Boring and forgettable for sure!

Years
Stupid, Idiotic and annoying, Hikamaru has already hit on the point perfectly with TV producers often opting for the lowest common denominator to please the "masses" and because its cheap to produce , There is nothing worse than trash culture for example UK tv is full of Trash/junk tv shows (I.e. the X factor, Am a celebrity get me out of here, The only way is Essex, Britain's got talent).

Boring/Bland/forgettable stuff is just that forgettable (some people may enjoy it however), also it be be boring but makes an important point i.e. I watched Charlie Chaplin s The Great Dictator a few weeks back and I found it insanely boring yet it still was a clever and intelligent critique of Fascism, Nazism and Dictators as a whole.

Stupid, Idiotic and annoying on the overhand is bad for society as it drags the masses who watch it down to be obsessed with the trivial, vulgar and often bullying and ridicule that is a key component of the shows I mentioned earlier.

Years
  • Seen Mar 21, 2016
Stupid or Annoying I hate the most I simply can not stand soap operas, Big Brother, only way is Essex, Benidorm and so on would rather shoot myself than watch a single second of any shows like these

Boring movies I can not stand also atleast give it some kind of story. I had to watch Walking With Dinosaurs in cinema last year and it was so boring I almost fell asleep the only actually good part was its 3D was amazing but the story was as bland as a frozen lasagna. I got to see it for free but still walked out after feeling I had lost.

Atleast if a movie is bad it can be so bad its good and turns into somewhat a comedy where you can get some laughs Sharknado, Mega Piranah and so on

Years
I respect all movies as an artform, because people spend years of their lives on those things. But all and all, a boring movie gets a worse grade in my book.
If I'm bored by a movie, it can be because stupid or annoying. If a movie doesn't engage me then I really can't enjoy it.
For example. I almost fell asleep watching the Hangover Part 3 in theaters, because it was stupid and predictable which made it boring for me. The same thing with the Hobbit. It bored me, but in a different way.

Years
This is a question that's honestly a bit hard to answer. As much as I should be annoyed by something stupid, there are some "bad" songs that I find myself coming back to, even if for the wrong reasons. As cheesy as some songs are, sometimes I get stupid fascination out of cheesiness.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Well with music I'd definitely prefer for something to be the same thing over and over and have a good beat or instrumental behind it and with movies or books I'd rather it stupidly idiotic over boring.

Years
Haha, I've tied the votes! ;)

I don't find very many things to be boring, so I can stand boring or forgettable things a lot better than I can annoying or stupid things. When it's books the roles switch though. A boring book is the worst thing to spend your time on. Goofy and dumb books are usually pretty funny.

Last edited:

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years
While I can't really speak for movies, I would much rather listen to boring music than put up with music that's stupid/annoying. I guess my reason for that is because a majority of my favorite music would be perceived as boring by virtually any other person.

(Oh, and my ears get irritated quite easily.)

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2016
my spouse it quite a movie binger, likes to watch movies all day long lol. He prefers bad movies to bring ones. hey even check out badmovies.org fun website. Worst movie I had watched must be travel to mars or dinoshark/dinocroc. lol. Also with stupid movies you can always see how much more stupid it can become lol.

Back