• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 17, 2024
Hi:)
I have several short questions!

Is it possible, as in the first versions of Pokémon on game boy, we can provide a higher level after a Pokémon level 100?

The rom-hacking become increasingly interesting ^^

Second question, how to adjust properly roughly the cries of Pokémon? (Edit known prints, sprites, icons, but for the cries ...)

And finally one last, are there new versions for Advance map, Elite map, Advance text, Advance mart, and Sappy of planned?

Years
It's been a while since I posted a question here. I was about to undertake a mass of renaming items and I thought,
Is there a tool that could help me with this? So that instead of spending 1-2 hours at a hex editor, I might just spend a half hour or so on some program.
I might have missed it on my search for something so I thought that I'd make a post asking about it.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
Dragongod165 said:
Question for Gold: Is there a way to edit the GAME FREAK screen (not the very first one but the one with the Game Freak logo on it)?

It is located at offset 0xE4B81 under 1BPP mode.

Jirachi260 said:
Hi:)
I have several short questions!

Is it possible, as in the first versions of Pokémon on game boy, we can provide a higher level after a Pokémon level 100?

The rom-hacking become increasingly interesting ^^

Second question, how to adjust properly roughly the cries of Pokémon? (Edit known prints, sprites, icons, but for the cries ...)

And finally one last, are there new versions for Advance map, Elite map, Advance text, Advance mart, and Sappy of planned?

1. Possibly either with ASM or hex hacking.

2. There is a tool that comes with EliteMap called PokeCryGUI, maybe try that. Otherwise do a search for the Pokemon cry in hex and change it into another one.

3. You will have to ask the creators for those types of questions.

lanturn 550 said:
ok just one question...

How do you make (or edit) tiles... (e.g. i want a desert tile in fire red. how?)

In AdvanceMap, you load the block editor(Ctrl +B) and then go File>Save Tileset 1 or 2 to save your tileset that will be changed. Then edit or create new tiles using the colours within the palette limit(don't bring outside colours in). Then in the block editor in AdvanceMap, go Load Tileset 1 or 2. Then your tile should be there.

thethethethe said:
It's been a while since I posted a question here. I was about to undertake a mass of renaming items and I thought,
Is there a tool that could help me with this? So that instead of spending 1-2 hours at a hex editor, I might just spend a half hour or so on some program.
I might have missed it on my search for something so I thought that I'd make a post asking about it.

You can do a text search in A-Text and edit it from there, or the other option is hex.

Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2011
Hi All!

I've already searched for information on this but can't seem to find anything! :disappoin

I was wondering if anyone knows whether or not you can insert more trades into a ROM that there already is. This would be useful if this was possible.

Thanks in advance!

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
either do that with scripts or hex... But I don't know.., 'cause I'm still a noob, btw. :D Oh well...

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
stead573 said:
Hi All!

I've already searched for information on this but can't seem to find anything! :disappoin

I was wondering if anyone knows whether or not you can insert more trades into a ROM that there already is. This would be useful if this was possible.

Thanks in advance!

You can, you would have to look over a trade script and see how it is done. I am uncertain what the script or the hex code is for this one...A good example would be at 0x157C7D in a R/S ROM or at 0x16E2C2 in an FR/LG ROM, just have a look at there coding or script structure and follow that to make a new one using pointers and blank space.

PS. The Trade code could be [26] in hex.

Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2011
Thanks alot Blazichu!

I'll certainly go over the trade script you recommended and hopefully understand how it works.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
darkfurby said:
no requests for programs try google for tools and if ur lucky ppl may have links in their sigs but otherwise we cant post it....

There is nothing in the rules about a tool request, just about tools being made for you. It is still a Simple Question in a logical matter.

Years

u can rename an item in "A-Mart"..but i dont know about the discription of the item.. ;)

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
You can change the definition of the item by A-text.
Go to search and type in the description of the item and change it!

~Celebi

JDJ

Vulpix Breeder, Shiny Hunter
Years
  • Age 31
  • NH
  • Seen Nov 19, 2015
I asked a question previously and no one responded to it. If someone could just offer some advice, I would be grateful. I have another question about unlzgba and pokepic. I have tried to use these programs, but pokepic doesnt work for the ROM im loading i guess, and all of the images on the ROM, when viewed in unlzgba are highley pixelated, and im not sure why. Can someone help me?

Last edited:
Years
I asked a question previously and no one responded to it. If someone could just offer some advice, I would be grateful. I have another question about unlzgba and pokepic. I have tried to use these programs, but pokepic doesnt work for the ROM im loading i guess, and all of the images on the ROM, when viewed in unlzgba are highley pixelated, and im not sure why. Can someone help me?

Pokepic only works for ruby (and maybe sapphire)

JDJ

Vulpix Breeder, Shiny Hunter
Years
  • Age 31
  • NH
  • Seen Nov 19, 2015
Thank you Kristian. I loaded a LG Rom. Silly me

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
JDJ said:

It could be an error in your rom(in unLZ.GBA), so you might have to get a new one if you want it to work. Also have you tried the + and - buttons? See if that is the issue.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
Virtual Chatot said:
Gold Text Editor?

Is there one in existence?

Poketext, it is very limited unless you add more offsets and also hex would be more easier to edit text in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back