• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Fan Club

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
Years

And... I don't know how long I might stay a brony... I've been under a ****load of fire as of late for being one. (Troll'd, Banned, Mock'd.) I might leave the brony community in general...

No, don't leave! You're one of my biggest brony friends here and I won't stand to see leave this fandom!

Reconsider this, please and stay a brony!

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
You can be a brony without blatantly broadcasting that you watch/enjoy the show. I only mention it in passing to my boyfriend irl, and not at all on here outside the club. It's not like race or gender where you can't conceal it, lol.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Toujours is right. It's possible to still be a 'brony', but not broadcast that you're a fan everywhere and be a big part of the fandom. For some reason, people can't really believe that, and I honestly find it silly that people think that if they're a fan of something, they have to broadcast it and be a part of its fandom. But yeah, don't "stop" being one. Just continue being a fan, and stick to talking about it in place were you feel comfortable and won't be ridiculed for it.

There are several series in which I enjoy and love, but don't really talk about because the fandom sucks, or it gets ridiculed. I just speak about it to whomever cares and I enjoy talking to them about it. In fact, My Little Pony is one of said 'fandoms', as I'm not really into the fandom like many others, and I just speak about it in places such as here in this fanclub, and to people like Ryuryu on MSN.

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
Years
That's the thing... I'm not even broadcasting it... sigh, never mind. It's fine... I'll be fine.

olih

Who says you can't go home?
Years
Oh. Then how are they finding out? And you can talk to us, really. And, if it comes to that, stop being a brony. After all, it is your decision. But please consider it ;~; Happiness is what counts~

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Even something as simple as an avatar or a signature, or mentioning it even once might trigger a response, sadly. I don't think people should ultimately stop loving something just because of others, but definitely stick to places like here if you must. Again, I have some series that I love, but have never, ever told others. Either because the fandom is crap, or some other reason like never finding a place to talk about it.

Years
You're a big fan of the show and I don't think people's views will ever change that, Yoshi! It's impossible for someone to completely change a person's will (I totally didn't get that line from Mewtwo Returns) on something; your heart and mind really can't be controlled. Even if you were to leave I'm sure you'd continue to be a fan, be it consciously or unconsciously. Don't let them win - there's billions of people in the world and the opinion of such a small percentage shouldn't matter.

I know it's hard but there are more good people out there than bad. The bad just sticks out more.

kuzronk

Banned
Years
They probily haven't seen gen 4 and when they look it up they get gen 3.5 :(
They probily like things like it as well but hides it as well

~Ryukaa

total nerd
Years
(is late, and feels bad for being late, but...)
Hey, man. Don't sweat it.
I personally think that you shouldn't let these people get the better of you.
Just enjoy the show for what it is! :D
It's funny, enjoyable, and clever. Of course, they might not get that... but that's no reason to "stop being a brony".
Heck, I know how you feel. The only difference is that I actually do broadcast that I like the show.
Well, used to. Now everybody knows already.

In a way, this is just another case of Pokemon.
I mean, who hasn't gotten insulted at least twice for liking Pokemon? Even so, we're still sticking to this forum.

Ahh, I'm really bad with these kinds of talks. xD;
Well, I guess the point I'm trying to get across is...
Don't let them get to you. There are tons of people who understand you, yourself included.
You're not alone. So these people are flaming you? We're here to support you.
Stay strong, man.

Last edited:

Cura

Years
Yoshi-san, we're here for you to support you and what not, so please stay and be a brony like all of us.

The new episode is in 2 days! "Secret of my Excess" is the title, I think.

Thanks everyone. I needed those helpful words of advice.

Correct. Secret to my Excess. It's Spike's Birthday, he gets greedy and a accidental growth spurt could cause the complete destruction of Ponyville.
Sounds like a interesting episode, indeed.

Years
The coming Spike episode reminds me of that Twilight and Spike fancomic I read about Spike eventually growing up and leaving. It was very sad. >:

Cura

Years
The coming Spike episode reminds me of that Twilight and Spike fancomic I read about Spike eventually growing up and leaving. It was very sad. >:

I know, it's saddening in a way... but I think in the end Spike is going to return to his normal child-dragon size, again. That is my prediction.

Years

I know, it's saddening in a way... but I think in the end Spike is going to return to his normal child-dragon size, again. That is my prediction.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he will too. Spike just growing up and leaving in the course of one episode will be too much of a change. D:

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
Years
Happy 2,000th post! *throws a party*

We're the second highest post count club here and it's all thanks to everypony here who's active and loves this show.

This couldn't be done without everypony's help! You guys helped make this happen.

Oh, and thanks Yoshi-san about the episode title, I was feeling a little wrong on that one...

Cura

Years
You are welcome. Here is a news flash for you.

1.JPG
2.JPG

If you look closely... the mare Princess is a alicorn. And... this was taken at the Hasbro / Studio B HQ Party... so... it might be upcoming spoilers.

Their names are, "Princess Cadence" and "Shining Armor".

From how it looks... this two might appear someday and THAT MEANS... Celestia and Luna aren't the only alicorns anymore.
This is also apparently a ponyified cameo/possible episode of the Royal British wedding.

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
Years
I'd like to join, if that's alright.

Fav Ep: Tricky one. Party of One, Griffon the Brushoff, Sonic Rainboom are my top three, and they're more or less interchangable as far as favorite.
Favorite Main Pony: Tied between Dashie and Pinkie. Do I have to choose just one? =/
Favorite Side Pony: Whooves. If noncanon side ponies aren't acceptable, then Octavia or Vinyl Scratch.

About Me: I'm 20 years old and I love this show and especially the fandom that comes with it. I'm also a crossover freak, and with help from a very talented 3d designer I know, I'm planning out a Kingdom Hearts/MLP Crossover (one that is NOT Sora-centric, for a change; in fact, I'm not currently planning to have him appear at all,) and eventually, a psychological/surreal piece (that's more distant however, so details aren't necessary just yet.)

I'm also a shipper, I'm sad to admit; I used to try to stay away from that stuff, but I ended up reading a certain fanfic that got me utterly hooked. I won't name the ship unless I'm asked though. I'd rather avoid starting any ship-to-ship combat from any overzealous fans.

Finally, I'm a gamer. Name a game franchise (yeah, yeah, name something really obscure, never gotten THAT reply before =p ) and I've probably played it. I also don't do console wars and I'm not obsessed with graphics. If a game is fun, I play it. I don't care whether others approve or not.

Back