• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Baby Pokemon Egg Moves

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Does anyone have a list of the baby pokemon (the ones that require incenses to breed) that have exclusive egg moves? Such as Budew that learns Extrasensory as a budew, but cannot learn it if you breed a Roselia. I took a break, but I am going on my SECOND solid week of breeding Budew. I'm sure I'm at at least the 800 or so mark by now and have only gotten 7 Modest ones in that whole time, and my Munchlax took two weeks to get the one I wanted so I just want to know how many pokemon I'm going to have to go through this for. (The ones without incenses I can use Everstones for so it won't be an issue, I just want to know for the ones I can't use an everstone for.)

I know there's Serebii, but I looked on a few of the entries and they just just EVERY egg move for the species, so unless I compare two entries side by side and check off each move, there's no way to tell what is an egg move for the baby and an egg move for the next evolution up, so compiling a list here is part of the reason for this thread if there is no such list online.

The other part of this thread is to vent your frustrations with breeding and share your most disastrous attempts and your most triumphant breeding victories. Seriously, did anyone ever actually breed pokemon legitimately before the Everstone, let alone before the Destiny Knot? Two weeks for the incense baby pokemon, I can't imagine actually going through this for EVERY pokemon! So, share your stories, frustrations and whatever is applicable to breeding!

Edit: ended up finding a list of the moves, so just in case anyone is interested (so I am listing baby pokemon egg moves only, not the level up moves the babies learn)

Munchlax - Zen Headbutt, Self Destruct
    Wynaught - nothing
    Happiny - Last Resort
    Mime Jr - Charm, Healing Wish
    Chingling - nothing
    Bonsly - nothing
    Budew - Extrasensory
    Mantyke - Signal Beam, Tail Wind
    Azurill - (this is a big one!) Copycat, Encore, Fake Tears, Sing, Slam, Soak, Tickle AND on top of that, Belly Drum is an Egg move for Marill, not Azurill, so you have to decide between either Belly Drum or any of the egg moves for Azurill, you can't mix them, apparently

Last edited:

IceyGamer

Nothing but Ice in my veins
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2014
    I'm no help here because I train 3 Pokemon at max and I just use Serebii for knowledge about egg moves. Only one I can thing of is Wide guard honedge which supposedly is a pain by needing 13 or something crazy Pokemon to breed 1 move through.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I'm no help here because I train 3 Pokemon at max and I just use Serebii for knowledge about egg moves. Only one I can thing of is Wide guard honedge which supposedly is a pain by needing 13 or something crazy Pokemon to breed 1 move through.

Stuff like this is a good point to bring up too! Even though the Wide Guard Honedge isn't as hard as the baby pokemon (because you can still use Everstones all throughout the chain, whereas specific baby pokemon require Incenses so you can't use Everstones OR you can't use Destiny Knot, either way requiring the breeding of possibly hundreds upon hundreds of pokemon just to get the right nature) there are certain moves like that that could benefit from a thread like this too. So for a Wide Guard Honedge you can do the following:

Mantine/Tirtouga/Alomomola -> Mudkip -> Turtwig -> Paras -> Dwebble -> Honedge

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • This is a pretty useful list. :) Thanks for taking the time to compile it.I remember once looking through egg moves for Budew, and it's a relief to know most other baby pokemon don't have important egg moves.

what if roserade got extrasensory as a move tutor after all your hard work

Back