• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Trainer card misprint

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2016
    Please, if someone could take a look at this misprint. There are 2 cards printed overlapping on the same card.

Attachments

• CYMERA_20160116_170654.jpg
      CYMERA_20160116_170654.jpg
      189.3 KB · Views: 21
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2016
    That's actually pretty interesting but the hard part about newer misprints is the fact that Nintendo doesn't really come out and say there was a misprint. Unlike wizards of the coast that would catch there own errors and then publish information on it. It ends up making it hard to determine value especially because people will most likely just tell you its a fake ect.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2016
    Nothing irregular about the back. What are some indicators of fakes? The deck seems legit to me.

Years
  • Nothing irregular about the back. What are some indicators of fakes? The deck seems legit to me.

I asked about the back because there are some subtle signs on the back that can tell you if it's a fake, but you gotta know what you're looking for.

Hard to describe all the things that could indicate what makes a card a fake without a visual aid.

What does the rest of the deck look like?

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    On the subject of Pokemon mentioning misprints, they usually do mention errors in cards that are on every card such as spelling errors or symbol errors.

This is more of a base by base misprint, meaning only this sheet probably has this error or it's a fake, I mean I'm sure the counterfeits have printing mistakes as well, but I wouldn't put it past the the official company since a lot of their reverses feature blurry or smudged ink. This looks like they put two different trainer sheets over each other, since I'm pretty sure pokemon cards are 3 layers glued together, that's why you have front miscues while the back is centered.

To be honest I'd be overjoyed if I could find a card like this, I love when the cards have extreme printing or cutting errors. Definitely prefer it to be on non ultras however.

Electricbluewolf

Bᴇ pıɟɟǝɹǝuʇ
    Years
  • I'd say this is an example of a serious misprint, I have seen one were there was Full Art Teammates printed under a Full Arts Pokemon Fan Club-you could see the outline of the two girls behind the Fan Club.

In a sense they have value as misprints like these don't come up often. However people do like to collect misprinted cards, and the more unusual the better. Misprints are different from error cards as error cards generally have a mistake- i.e energy requirement/symbols, where as misprints are printing quality.

Back