• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shiny Values Take 2 [Now Anyone Can Check For SVs!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    So you've been hearing about these so-called "Shiny Values" but you have no clue what they mean. If so, then you've come to the right place. If not, don't fret for this thread will still be useful to you.

Just what are Shiny Values? Every trainer has a certain Shiny Value (from here on out called TSV for simplicity) that doesn't change, just like how your ID is set and cannot be changed without restarting the game. Why is this important? Every egg generated also has a SV before it is hatched (referred to as ESV). What does this mean? If you know the egg's SV BEFORE hatching, you can trade that egg to someone with a matching TSV and have them hatch it and viola, the egg will hatch shiny. Neat huh? You can predict what eggs will hatch shiny on who's game. The catch? Finding matching TSVs of eggs before hatching and then trading it to them to hatch it shiny on their game. That's what this thread is for.

About This Thread

- If you know your SV and want to be added to the document use this form: http://goo.gl/QfwFO6. DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD SAYING WHAT YOUR SV IS!

- If you have an egg that matches someone's SV and you wish to trade it to them, please VM or PM them. Do not post in this thread to arrange trades.

- For trading eggs with known contents and SVs please use the SV Egg Quick Trade Thread here: Click Me!

- This thread is not for asking help for checking your TSV and/or ESVs. However, if you have questions about how to do it you may ask.

Do not post in this thread asking for matches to SVs you have. Find matches yourself using the Google Doc below.

If you know your Trainer Shiny Value, use the Google Form to enter your information: http://goo.gl/QfwFO6
    View the list of Trainer Shiny Values: http://goo.gl/HhOYgE

- If you would like your name removed from the list, or need something edited, contact either Cordelia, Absol, or Lilith.

Please do not spam the thread or your post will be deleted. Follow all Trade Corner rules and please be respectful to others.

If you wish, you can also ask for help here in #tradecorner's chatroom: Click me!

How To Find SVs Part 1

With the release of Powersaves it is now possible to find SVs again by backing up your save file and then using a program to find TSVs and/or ESVs. You can also do this with digital downloads.

- To do this, you will need either a Powersaves or a digital copy of Pokemon X and/or Y. You also need to download KeySAV which can be found here.

- For first time use of KeySAV you have to crack the coding first before finding SVs. To do this you need both Box 1 and Box 2 to be empty. You then go out and catch 6 Pokemon and these can be anything. Place these 6 Pokemon in Box 1 in slots 1-6 (top row in Box 1).

- Save the game, hard reset (turn off and back on), and save again. Then export your save as either "16.bin" for Powersaves or "16.sav" for digital saves.

- Move the Pokemon to slots 1-6 in Box 2 and make sure to keep them in the same order as before. Save once, hard reset, and save again like you did last time. Export this save as "26.bin" or "26.sav".

- Open up KeySAV and make sure it is open to tab 1 (Box Breaker). Click Open SAV 1 and open the 26.bin or 26.sav save file. For Open SAV 2 open the 16.bin or 16.sav save file.
    - To find your save file: For Powersaves it is stored in C:\Users\(Usersname)\PowerSaves3DS.
    - For digital copies it is found in X - \title\00040000\00055d00\ or Y - \title\00040000\00055e00\.​

- Click [Break] and it should work. If not, then switch saves since you most likely switched the boxes in game. If that doesn't work then start over and try again.

- Save K1 with the suggested filename. Save K2 with suggested filename. And last, save Blank as Blank.ekx.

- If you do all of the above correctly, as long as you have those files saved you won't have to do those steps again.

How To Find SVs Part 2

- For finding SVs after doing all of the above, you'll start here instead every time.

- Open KeySAV and go to second tab (Box Ripping). Open the save for which you wish to check SVs. Open the key for which box you are checking. Open the Blank.ekx you saved before. Select box you are checking for, and make sure it matches the same box as which you have the key for. Then select the data format you want it exported into.
    - The different formats are:
    Default - |Slot | Species | OT | TID | TSV
    Reddit - | Box | Name | Nature | Ability | Spread | SV
    TSV - |Slot | Species | OT | TID | TSV​

- Click Dump Box. It should export the SVs and info to the lower window. It will also copy the entire list into your clipboard for easy pasting.
    - If you are having errors, try switching boxes and remember to switch all the data for those boxes too. If that doesn't work, then start from the very beginning and try it again.​

- Information for all of this came from here.

How To Find SVs Without Powersaves/Digital Download

Introduction

KeyBV is a tool that will allow you to check the stats, TSV & ESV of Pokémon by taking advantage of the fact that Battle Videos are saved on your console's SD card. The process is as follows: select up to six in your party, battle a friend, concede the fight and save the Battle Video. Copy the Battle Video from your SD card to your PC, and use KeyBV to check the relevant values.

Prerequisites
    - A SD card reader to get the Battle Videos from your 3DS' SD card
    - Kaphotics' KeyBV
    - A friend in your Friend List that would be willing to battle you
    - The Vs. Player, obtained in Kiloude city after beating the E4
    - Disable forced saving. Go to your game's options (the icon circled in red), scroll down to the bottom and disable forced saves.

Extracting the Battle Videos
    The Battle Videos are stored on the SD card of the 3DS. The path is either \Nintendo 3DS\*\*\extdata\00000000\0000055d\00000000 or \Nintendo 3DS\*\*\extdata\00000000\0000055e\00000000. Note down these paths as they will be useful later.

Keep in mind that Battle Videos might not be sorted chronologically, so make sure to check the files' modification dates to make sure you picked the correct one.

Breaking the encryption
    Note: up to 100 Battle Videos can be stored on the SD card. Before being able to dump the contents of your team, you will need to break the encryption of one Battle Video slot. Battle Videos are always saved to the lowest available slot, and being able to decrypt one slot will not help you break another. As a consequence, make sure to always use the same Battle Video slot and delete each new Battle Video from your SD card once you have copied it to your PC.

- Be in a Pokémon Center, in front of the PC. Don't move anymore.
    - Battle your friend in a Singles match and enter only 1 Pokémon from your party.
    - Forfeit the battle and save the Battle Video.
    - Plug the SD card in your computer, copy the file to a safe place on your computer, add -1 to its name.
    - Delete the Battle Video from the SD card only.
    - Plug the SD card back in the 3DS.
    - Battle your friend in a Singles match with 2 Pokémon from your party. The first one doesn't matter, but make sure the second one you enter is the original Pokémon you used for the first Battle Video.
    - Plug the SD card in your computer, copy the file to a safe place on your computer, add -2 to its name.
    - Open KeyBV, go to the Video Breaker tab, load the two videos.
    - Click on Break, and then on KS and save the resulting file somewhere safe.

Checking TSVs/ESVs
    - You can now dump as many Pokémon as you wish from Battle Videos, as long as the Battle Videos are saved in the same slot.
    - If you want to check ESVs, get up to 6 eggs, save the game, hatch them, put them in your party and battle your friend.
    - If you want to check TSVs, put the 6 Pokémon you want to check in your party and battle your friend.
    - Plug the SD card in your computer, copy the file to your computer.
    - Open KeyBV, go to the Video Ripper tab, and load both your video and the previously-saved bin file.
    - Choose a desired output, and click on Dump.
    - If you were checking eggs, you can now either reset your 3DS to "unhatch" the eggs, or save your game and release those.​

Useful links
    Legendofbrett's video tutorial on Youtube

Source: SVExchange Reddit Wiki

FAQ

- What is a Powersaves?
    Powersaves is a device made by Datel, the same company who manufactures Action Replays. However, Powersaves is not an Action Replay. Powersaves allows you to back up save files and then use those saves to change their coding and then you restore the save back onto the game with the changes. It does not work like an Action Replay where you put in codes and then activate them.​

If you are having problems understanding how to do this, or have questions about checking SVs, you may post here asking. However, all posts saying what your TSV is or asking for others TSVs will be deleted.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2014
    Really noob question but... What is a powersaves? Is it some kind of software or a cheat accessory for your 3ds? If the latter does that mean you can't do this method for shinys if you don't have one?

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    Really noob question but... What is a powersaves? Is it some kind of software or a cheat accessory for your 3ds? If the latter does that mean you can't do this method for shinys if you don't have one?

You need the device to backup your save file so you can semi-break the encryption to view your TSV and ESV data.

XpokeX

I'm a ninja and im..... gone
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2023

A power save is a device released not so long ago that is kinda like an AR,it Can turn your pokemon to shinies,play with the date so you get event pokemon not released yet and back up your save data and other features...

Elements1

Meh
    Years
  • So I followed all of the steps and at the end it says:

Dumped info copied to Clipboard!
    Total Dumped: 0
    Empty Slots: 30

Data Dumped: Nothing was dumped.

Why does it say all slots are empty? I am using a powersave device.

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    Try switching the Pokemon to the other box in game, save, extract save, and dump that box instead.

Elements1

Meh
    Years
  • Try switching the Pokemon to the other box in game, save, extract save, and dump that box instead.

Um I tried switching boxes so I have two different save files for 2 different boxes. But it did not help. I tried switching the files around but again it came up with nothing.

Just to be clear:
    1. Put 6 pokemon in box 1 in the first 6 slots (the first row)
    2. Save.
    3. Press power button on ds
    4. Open pokemon y and save again.
    5. Open powersave and backup game save file.

Up to that point is that correct?

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    Um I tried switching boxes so I have two different save files for 2 different boxes. But it did not help. I tried switching the files around but again it came up with nothing.

Just to be clear:
    1. Put 6 pokemon in box 1 in the first 6 slots (the first row)
    2. Save.
    3. Press power button on ds
    4. Open pokemon y and save again.
    5. Open powersave and backup game save file.

Up to that point is that correct?

In the sav 1 file did you load 26.bin or 16.bin?

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    Could i ask how do you know if your egg matches their sv?
    You find the egg's shiny value, then you match that to a trainer's shiny value that is the same. Say I have an egg with a shiny value of 76. I then try to find someone whose trainer shiny value is 76 and have them hatch the egg for me.

Fairy Tale~

Straight Outta Compton
    Years

• You find the egg's shiny value, then you match that to a trainer's shiny value that is the same. Say I have an egg with a shiny value of 76. I then try to find someone whose trainer shiny value is 76 and have them hatch the egg for me.

But how can you find out if the egg has 76 shiny value?

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2015
    Whenever I use KeySAV to check my ESVs, the first row of my box can never be dumped. Any idea why?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back