• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
  • Well, the forum may well get a little more active, but OW was never really that active in the first place, so keeping topics bumped shouldn't be that hard. And the real measure of whether a topic gets bumped or not is whether it's worth reading and reviewing, so that's what I'd be focusing on.

Sgt Shock

Goldsmith
    Years
  • Well, the forum may well get a little more active, but OW was never really that active in the first place, so keeping topics bumped shouldn't be that hard. And the real measure of whether a topic gets bumped or not is whether it's worth reading and reviewing, so that's what I'd be focusing on.

You pose a good point. But I have seen several of stories on the forum that has great writing, but no one ever reviews it. I'm just saying. Good point on the OW section though.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I was actually thinking that about the prefixes as well. When I changed them, I thought it was horrible to have them blend that well into the title. It also looks pretty bad if a thread has a poll, so that blends in with the title and the prefix.

Which means that out there, there's a thread titled "Other Poll Title", and it amuses me.

I'll ask for a change. I have a list of changes to ask about here, so I'll just toss everything together.

Welcome back, Mizan!

In short boys and girls, Astinus doesn't want to share her Mod stick. ;P
    Pretty much.

Syrynn

Writer of Tales
    Years
  • It's a little weird to see the prefixes before the title, but I suppose it makes sense if there's not going to be a separate sub-forum for Other Writings.

Also, I wish they would bring back the FF of the Month. It was always a good way for the newcomers to find the latest in excellent writings. Heck, the poems have awards, so why not stories? But hey, I guess it left for a reason, and if it's not coming back, then so be it.

Even if that's the case, how about some awards, in general? Here's what I'm thinking.

The following awards are looked at across all genres.

Author of the Year (Yep, this is the big one! Given for overall excellence.)
    Best Debut Author (Because there's always that one new author that no one's heard of, who shows wonderful talent.)
    Most Improved Author (Let's face it, some of us were bad when we started. Who stepped up big and took a drastic step to improve their tale weaving?)
    Poem of the Year (Who channeled their inner Shakespeare and dazzled us the most?)

The following awards have two winners: one from Pokémon, and one from Other Writings.
    Fanfiction of the Year (This is anything that is at least eight chapters long, and may either be completed, or still in progress.)
    Short Story of the Year (Completed, two- to seven-chapter tales fall under this heading.)
    One-Shot of the Year (Completed, one-chapter stories.)

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
  • Hmm, it seems to work well on the hacking forums with Hack of the Year... we could give it a whirl here, I think. :3

EDIT: Also, it's good to see how I'm not the only one who was bugged by the prefixes. @_@; The [prefix] style does look far better. ^^ (Still a bit odd on the styles where the hyperlink and normal text colours aren't distinguished much, but I suppose that can't be helped. :s)

Sgt Shock

Goldsmith
    Years
  • I think an award system will be a great way to inspire new writers while encouraging the seasoned writers. XD I know I would want one.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    I've honestly been wondering when we were going to host a 'Fic of the Year' thing something to that effect for a while now. xD I've just never remembered to suggest it, I guess...

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
  • How about a bold topic while Astinus works her magic and gets this place fixed up?

If your fic was to become a live action TV series/movie, who would you choose to play each character?

I'll do this once I've fully woken up. :P

Misheard Whisper

Years
  • If your fic was to become a live action TV series/movie, who would you choose to play each character?

I'm actually thinking about this right now, because I want to draw myself some Anti. But I need a real person to base it off, so I'mma go look up some actresses and see. As for my main fic, I can't really think of any actors around the right age for the main characters. >_<

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
  • Thanks for the welcome all, truly appreciated. :)
    If your fic was to become a live action TV series/movie, who would you choose to play each character?
    I've actually been writing my fic as though it was an Anime so I'd rather answer this with characters from other Animes.

Let's see:
    Phaiel: Hei (Darker than Black) with little streas of red running through his hair.
    Kana: Sakura Haruno[the older ver.] (Naruto) with dark greenish hair instead of pink.
    Eve: Amber (Darker than Black) an older version(because her contract forces her to age backwards DTB canon-wise) with black hair and blue streaks running through them.

That's all I can reveal for now because I'm making a v3 of my fic in the same thread.

Vigilante

Ringleader of Hell
    Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2009
    Typing on tthe wii is tough... as for the topic brad pitt to play my non existant male protraginist

Misheard Whisper

Years
  • Ok, that dark, like almost black? And yeah, I'm seeing that. Yep, yep, I'm seeing that.

Actually, casting anime characters isn't a bad idea. *pokes around for her leading actress*

Bay

Years
  • If your fic was to become a live action TV series/movie, who would you choose to play each character?
    I remember answering that question long ago at Serebii, but can't find the list at the moment. D: Pretty much I remember putting Keira Knightly as Bunny, John Vought as Jacob, and Liam Nesson as Damus (from my upcoming fic). XD

Syrynn

Writer of Tales
    Years

Yeah, this fic will be extremely hard to do in a live action platform, and the reasons will become apparent in coming chapters. Even right now, there's no way I can choose an actor/actress for anyone, because my fic's in such an early stage...

Misheard Whisper

Years
  • OH GODS ABOVE YOU DID NOT JUST SAY KEIRA KNIGHTLEY. T_T

I'd cast Taylor Lautner as Jerry. Dyed blond and grinning, who could resist?

Caliban

Trying to change my life, brb~
    Years
  • Me, for one.

I'm possibly going to publish a fanfic that I've written, but the main character is a VERY small 'mon. And I don't think that a human could play one... >.>
    Unless you chopped his/her head, lower torso and arms off... >:D

And so:

Paul - Taylor Lautner (before I ate him). Because Paul dies. :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back