• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Espeon & Umbreon

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
Espeon. Hands down.

I use an Espeon in every play through, it's my favourite Eeveelution and that goes for every game that an Eevee is available.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 26, 2016
Espeon all the way, for purely mercenary reasons; Espeon with bite + psybeam can take out a LOT that gets put in front of it. Espeon was a core member of my Elite 4 team back when I obsessed over that sort of thing.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I absolutely loved Espeon so much around the time GSC was out, it was my all time favorite Pokémon. I used it in my Silver Version and completely fell in love with it. I still have a soft spot for it to this day, but it's not exactly a favorite anymore.

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 5, 2023
These two! Now THESE are the Eeveelutions I'm most familiar with. They remain my favorites of the bunch introduced to this day.

My absolute favorite of all Eeveelutions is Espeon. So it edges out over Umbreon. I always used it in playthroughs during Gen II and recreated it in my HeartGold. Its design is so graceful. A light purple feline with a gem on its forehead. It makes me think of Carbuncle from Final Fantasy. What a beautiful creature.

Although in recent years, I've come to like Umbreon too. I've used it a few times in Showdown and it has been really damn useful. Its defensive capabilities comfort me, as I prefer taking hits to exploding into death quickly. Also, it looks like my black cat and is also as simple and graceful as Espeon for the most part. I'm using it in my playthrough of Y right now, naned after my cat.

These two though, I just adore them. They're going to be the only Eeveelutions I own plushies of, as I have ordered them online.

Years
was never big on espeon tho i do like the design.

Umbreon however is one of my favorite pkm. I have 3 with very different builds and IV/Nature combos in my Y game now lol

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
Years
i like umbreon better when it comes to looks but i prefer the powers of espeon

i have never used umbreon but i think i used espeon before, not sure​

Years
Umbreon! Only because dark types had just been introduced, plus It always seemed to be night that I played the most ^.^

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
This is a tough one. I think I prefer Espeon more considering Umbreon is so overrated. A lot of people absolutely adore it, so its the target of a lot of fan art so it's kind of irked me seeing it so much. Plus, Espeon is a Psychic type, and Psychic types are just too darn cool. (Even though Dark types are my favourite).

Back