• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] THE PASS [PG-13]

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2016
    THE PASS​

In the remote region of Hoko, tucked away behind a series of mountain ranges, there is a place called the Pass. Every to-be Pokemon trainer must travel through the Pass in order to leave the region, which is something most young trainers aspire to do. It is for this reason most trainers do not leave until they are around thirteen; a ten year old would likely perish among the mountains. It has happened before.

The Pass is, reportedly, the very trail settlers took nearly a hundred years ago when they first settled this area. Hoko is a relatively new region due to its remote location; settlers had been trying to access it for at least one-hundred and fifty years before the first successful settling attempt happened a century ago. It is for this reason that the Pass is a rite of passage (literally) for all aspiring Pokemon trainers.

Now, a group of five friends has decided to leave their homes in Hoko and travel through the pass with their starter Pokemon. Will they make it? Or will they be fated to fall in The Pass?

In this roleplay, you play as one of the five friends leaving their home in Hoko. You are between the ages of 13 and 15 -- I might make exceptions for someone being a little younger, but I don't want to see any 10 year olds (for the reasons in the backstory above). This is going to be a long term roleplay, so buckle up and settle in for the long run! You are all leaving your homes to start your individual Pokemon journeys. Whether you want to be a trainer, breeder, wanderer, or something all your own is up to you! You don't have to participate in battles in this roleplay.

Wild Pokemon encounters and Gym battles will be handled by myself, the Game Master. I will also have a character in the roleplay, who will be one of the five friends, leaving four available spots. When a wild Pokemon appears, the first member to post after it appears claiming the Pokemon in some way (ex. having the trainer approach the Pokemon, getting ready for battle, etc.) gets the chance to battle and possibly catch the Pokemon. I will decide if a capture attempt goes through or not.

Gym battles are little more complicated and those will be discussed once we get far enough in the RP to get there! The Hoko region has its own gym led by the gym leader named Ninya. She focuses on electric and normal types. I will play her, but when it comes to gym leaders in the canon games, I will choose a member of the roleplay to play the gym leader. If you don't feel comfortable playing a gym leader, please let me know!

• All rules of the PokeCommunity forums apply.
    • Respect everyone in the roleplay.
    • Do not bunny, godmod, etc.
    • Keep content PG-13.
    • Post once every three days please! If this is too much for you, let me know.
    • Your trainer can have a maximum of 6 Pokemon on their team at one time! Transferring Pokemon to a Professor is allowed.
    • Professor Willow is the professor here.
    • Finally and most importantly, HAVE FUN! If some aspect of the game is not fun for you, please let me know!
    And now the sign-up form!

**Trainer's Section**
    name;;
    age;;
    gender;;

personality;;
    description;;

**Pokemon's Section**
    # of Pokemon;;
    (copy the following section for each Pokemon your trainer has)
    Pokemon's name;;
    species;;
    gender;;
    nature;;
    don't know what a nature is? See this
    personality;;

---

Characters

RESERVED for my character
    OPEN
    OPEN
    OPEN
    OPEN

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hi! I'm very interested in joining, but I won't be able to get my SU up for a while unfortunately o:

Question: how many pokemon would we be allowed to start with? Only one, or several?

Years
  • I have an idea for a character who is 15, but would have a younger sibling, probably around 7 or 8, that would tag along with him that he'd have to protect. Would this be okay/fit the lore or should I ditch the younger sibling?

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2016
    Hi! I'm very interested in joining, but I won't be able to get my SU up for a while unfortunately o:

Question: how many pokemon would we be allowed to start with? Only one, or several?

You'd be allowed to start with several! And I ask that you try to get your form up within the next week.

I have an idea for a character who is 15, but would have a younger sibling, probably around 7 or 8, that would tag along with him that he'd have to protect. Would this be okay/fit the lore or should I ditch the younger sibling?

Yes, you'd be allowed to do that! Just keep in mind that the younger sibling will face some extremely difficult challenges.

Dangit, Merlin stole my idea. I'll try and get am SU up.

Thank you!

Years

• Arin

**Trainer's Section**

Name: Arin Crane

Personality: Arin is upbeat and energetic, always trying to lift people's spirits. He craves excitement and adventure, but doesn't have any grand dreams or lofty goals for himself. He's the kind of guy who just wants to have fun, but will always have your back when you need it. While he may seem flighty and impulsive, he's much smarter than he lets on, and likes to learn rumors and gather new information.

Description: Arin is of average height, but is noticeably slender, with long, gangly limbs and a narrow frame. His skin is lightly tanned, and his white blond hair is cut short and slicked back. His eyes are small and green, like emeralds, and are the roundest part of his otherwise angular face.

He dresses extremely casually, usually wearing blue shorts, a red Hawaiian shirt, and sandals, though he will dress appropriately for the weather. Even when dressed in warmer clothes, he likes to wear his Hawaiian shirt open on top of everything else. He wears a pair of goggles on top of his head, pulling them down when necessary.

**Pokemon's Section**

Number of Pokemon: 2

Pokemon's name: Dart
    Species: Yanma
    Nature: Naughty
    Personality: Dart is arrogant and boastful, loves playing tricks on others, and his favorite hobbies are flying as high and fast as possible or casually napping.

Pokemon's name: Ditzy
    Species: Zubat
    Nature: Jolly
    Personality: Ditzy is always in a good mood, though she is a clumsy flier and a little accident prone. She is easily distracted by smells, especially food or sweet scents such as flowers.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2016

Arin

**Trainer's Section**

Name: Arin Crane

Personality: Arin is upbeat and energetic, always trying to lift people's spirits. He craves excitement and adventure, but doesn't have any grand dreams or lofty goals for himself. He's the kind of guy who just wants to have fun, but will always have your back when you need it. While he may seem flighty and impulsive, he's much smarter than he lets on, and likes to learn rumors and gather new information.

Description: Arin is of average height, but is noticeably slender, with long, gangly limbs and a narrow frame. His skin is lightly tanned, and his white blond hair is cut short and slicked back. His eyes are small and green, like emeralds, and are the roundest part of his otherwise angular face.

He dresses extremely casually, usually wearing blue shorts, a red Hawaiian shirt, and sandals, though he will dress appropriately for the weather. Even when dressed in warmer clothes, he likes to wear his Hawaiian shirt open on top of everything else. He wears a pair of goggles on top of his head, pulling them down when necessary.

**Pokemon's Section**

Number of Pokemon: 2

Pokemon's name: Dart
    Species: Yanma
    Nature: Naughty
    Personality: Dart is arrogant and boastful, loves playing tricks on others, and his favorite hobbies are flying as high and fast as possible or casually napping.

Pokemon's name: Ditzy
    Species: Zubat
    Nature: Jolly
    Personality: Ditzy is always in a good mood, though she is a clumsy flier and a little accident prone. She is easily distracted by smells, especially food or sweet scents such as flowers.

Accepted!

Coldweather

A special snowflake.
    Years
  • Hi there! New to the forum but experienced in RP. Let me know if this character works :)

Trainer Section

Name: Edmond Wynn

Personality:

Eager, but unwilling. Sharp, but clueless. Ambitious, but expecting.

Edmond is the epitome of a child spoiled by an overly loving mother. She told him that he was destined for greatness, like his father whom he had never known. He is confident and a bit overbearing. Edmond is ignorant of his limits, and must learn about himself before he can accomplish anything of note. He is redeemably helpful, and enjoys working with groups to get things done. Perhaps, however, this is simply to appease his ego. Edmond has an innate need to be admired, and in his mind, helping his friends is the fastest way to that.

Description:

Edmond styles himself as an ace trainer, even though he has never ventured much farther than the immediate woods around his town. He is of an average height and build, perhaps a bit stocky, and looks slightly older than his age, with a precursor to a beard around his chin. He wears his dark blond hair with a little too much jel, and has dark green, almost black eyes.

Edmond often wears simple athletic clothes when exploring; shorts over tights, that sort of thing. When in town, he dons his father's old jacket, which he recently grew into. It is white with red trimming, and covered in pockets and unnecessary zippers. He owns a baseball cap that matches the jacket perfectly, but never wears it as he is very proud of his hair. Instead, he just keeps it in his black messenger bag along with all of his other possessions.

my_trainer_sprite.png

Pokemon Section

Number of Pokemon: 2 1

Backstory:

Edmond, as a young child, would often play outside in the late evenings with an Eevee his father left him, named Moonlight. He would chase her around, and they would often play catch with a small blue ball. Sometimes, when the sun would completely set, several Sableye would approach the young Edmond, terrifying him. He would order Moonlight to attack them, but her attacks never could do any serious harm.

One day, Moonlight left the house a few minutes ahead of Edmond. He quickly tied his shoes, bolting out the door after her. But she was nowhere to be seen.

Heartbroken, Edmond searched for weeks to find his companion, but to no avail. After a month, he gave up. He sat outside opposite a wall, tossing Moonlight's favorite blue against it and playing catch with himself. After dusk, in his anguish, he threw the ball into the woods. As he turned to go inside, the ball came back at full force and hit him directly in the back his head. He whipped around in anger, assuming one of the neighborhood kids were harassing him. Out of the dark woods, a Sableye emerged instead, grinning it's menacing grin at Edmond.

Edmond, still a little frightened of the Sableye, threw the ball back at it, intending to scare it off. Instead of running away, the Sableye caught it, and with a second of hesitation, threw it back to Edmond. They began a back and forth game of catch. Eventually, Edmond invited the Sableye inside his home, and despite his mothers apprehension to Ghost types, they became best friends and partners.

Current:

Pokemon's name: Afterdusk, or Dusk for short.
    Species: Sableye
    Nature: Gentle
    Personality: Dusk enjoys a good game and pranks, as is the nature of Sableye, but Dusk is particularly nurturing and often unaware of it's frightening appearance. Fiercely loyal. Learned an air of arrogance from it's trainer.

Previous:

Pokemon's name: Moonlight
    Species: Eevee
    Nature: Hasty
    Personality: Excitable and friendly to anyone who approaches her. Enjoys games, especially those that involve precision and chasing.

OOC Notes: I feel like Edmond is wide open for development, and I hope I can use him! If possible, later on in the RP I'd like to tie in the loss of his Eevee to a future antagonist. I think that'd be a good way to light a fire in Edmond and really stir up some conflict. Let me hear your thoughts!

-Coldweather

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hi there! New to the forum but experienced in RP. Let me know if this character works :)

my_trainer_sprite.png

OOC Notes: I feel like Edmond is wide open for development, and I hope I can use him! If possible, later on in the RP I'd like to tie in the loss of his Eevee to a future antagonist. I think that'd be a good way to light a fire in Edmond and really stir up some conflict. Let me hear your thoughts!

-Coldweather

Let me first officially welcome you, and say that I really like your character. He's exactly the kind of person my guy would want to hang out with and be a hype man for!

And your idea has loads of potential. Loss of a loved one is always a strong motivation, and the ambiguous nature of this particular loss opens the door for a lot of potential scenarios. I, for one, am curious to see where you'll go with it. I hope you get accepted!

Coldweather

A special snowflake.
    Years
  • Let me first officially welcome you, and say that I really like your character. He's exactly the kind of person my guy would want to hang out with and be a hype man for!

And your idea has loads of potential. Loss of a loved one is always a strong motivation, and the ambiguous nature of this particular loss opens the door for a lot of potential scenarios. I, for one, am curious to see where you'll go with it. I hope you get accepted!

My thoughts exactly! {XD}

Thanks a lot Godzil! I look forward to it.

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2016
    Geoffrey Stone | 14 | Male

Personality: Other people often describe Geoffrey as somewhat boring. He doesn't talk a lot and takes everything seriously. It's not that Geoffrey's shy, he just thinks a lot of things people talk about are stupid and irrelevant. However, there is one topic which Geoffrey can talk about for hours: photography. As a child Geoffrey started taking pictures of everything, especially (wild) pokémon. It became his greatest passion, and he still never leaves home without a camera.

Description: Geoffrey looks a bit younger than he actually is, as he's very small and slender. His spiky hair looks a bit messy. He often wears shorts and a jacket, and he always carries a large backpack in which he keeps his camera and other equipment. He always wears hiking shoes, so he can easily reach certain spots from which he wants to take picture.

Pokemon's Section (1 Pokémon)

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2016
    Hi there! New to the forum but experienced in RP. Let me know if this character works :)

Trainer Section

Personality:

Eager, but unwilling. Sharp, but clueless. Ambitious, but expecting.

Edmond is the epitome of a child spoiled by an overly loving mother. She told him that he was destined for greatness, like his father whom he had never known. He is confident and a bit overbearing. Edmond is ignorant of his limits, and must learn about himself before he can accomplish anything of note. He is redeemably helpful, and enjoys working with groups to get things done. Perhaps, however, this is simply to appease his ego. Edmond has an innate need to be admired, and in his mind, helping his friends is the fastest way to that.

Description:

Edmond styles himself as an ace trainer, even though he has never ventured much farther than the immediate woods around his town. He is of an average height and build, perhaps a bit stocky, and looks slightly older than his age, with a precursor to a beard around his chin. He wears his dark blond hair with a little too much jel, and has dark green, almost black eyes.

Edmond often wears simple athletic clothes when exploring; shorts over tights, that sort of thing. When in town, he dons his father's old jacket, which he recently grew into. It is white with red trimming, and covered in pockets and unnecessary zippers. He owns a baseball cap that matches the jacket perfectly, but never wears it as he is very proud of his hair. Instead, he just keeps it in his black messenger bag along with all of his other possessions.

my_trainer_sprite.png

Pokemon Section

Number of Pokemon: 2 1

Backstory:

Edmond, as a young child, would often play outside in the late evenings with an Eevee his father left him, named Moonlight. He would chase her around, and they would often play catch with a small blue ball. Sometimes, when the sun would completely set, several Sableye would approach the young Edmond, terrifying him. He would order Moonlight to attack them, but her attacks never could do any serious harm.

One day, Moonlight left the house a few minutes ahead of Edmond. He quickly tied his shoes, bolting out the door after her. But she was nowhere to be seen.

Heartbroken, Edmond searched for weeks to find his companion, but to no avail. After a month, he gave up. He sat outside opposite a wall, tossing Moonlight's favorite blue against it and playing catch with himself. After dusk, in his anguish, he threw the ball into the woods. As he turned to go inside, the ball came back at full force and hit him directly in the back his head. He whipped around in anger, assuming one of the neighborhood kids were harassing him. Out of the dark woods, a Sableye emerged instead, grinning it's menacing grin at Edmond.

Edmond, still a little frightened of the Sableye, threw the ball back at it, intending to scare it off. Instead of running away, the Sableye caught it, and with a second of hesitation, threw it back to Edmond. They began a back and forth game of catch. Eventually, Edmond invited the Sableye inside his home, and despite his mothers apprehension to Ghost types, they became best friends and partners.

Current:

Pokemon's name: Afterdusk, or Dusk for short.
    Species: Sableye
    Nature: Gentle
    Personality: Dusk enjoys a good game and pranks, as is the nature of Sableye, but Dusk is particularly nurturing and often unaware of it's frightening appearance. Fiercely loyal. Learned an air of arrogance from it's trainer.

Previous:

Pokemon's name: Moonlight
    Species: Eevee
    Nature: Hasty
    Personality: Excitable and friendly to anyone who approaches her. Enjoys games, especially those that involve precision and chasing.

-Coldweather

Accepted!

Back