• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 4, 2018
Hey thanks Crystal! Funny that I am looking for the icons to use the program I found out about from watching your tutorial on youtube :p

Rezordaxx

Asks many questions!
Years
You obviously used 2 palettes to insert the intro-hiro. (32 colors)
As soon as the hiro is the first time loaded, it works, but later on the 2nd part of the palette
is used by something else -> hiro is ****ed up.

You must reduce the colors of your hiro to 16 and then it FOR SURE works.

thanks but i didnt change the pallete, i used the original pallete

paint xp -> paste from -> past the new hero over the old one -> save -> import -> done

Branellope

THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.
Years
Simple. Make the flowers have the rocksmash script, then you can change the wild pokemon in advanced map under wild pokemon, then select rocksmash. You could also just make the rocksmash rocks into flowers in the block editor in a-map to get the rock crush theme on the flower.
How do I make them have that script?

Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2014
Is It possible to change the move-set of a Pokemon as it evolves? Not merely its learn-sets, but the moves it currently knows - to change as it evolves?

For example, say I had a Grass type Pokemon, like a tree - which I want to evolve into a burning fire Pokemon, and then into a ash-ish Pokemon, in a sort of progressive evolution?

It would start out as a grass type, become a fire type, and end up a rock type.

is there a way to force it to forget the Grass Type moves - and likewise its Fire Type moves, upon evolution? I don't want the rock type Pokemon running around with access to fire blast and razor leaf.

Any Ideas?

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2015
thanks but i didnt change the pallete, i used the original pallete

paint xp -> paste from -> past the new hero over the old one -> save -> import -> done

My experience in FE ROM hacking tells me that you should use a program like Usenti, which preserves the indexed palette, rather than Paint, but it might not apply to Pokemon hacking :P

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 12, 2015
Hi :)

Can someone guide me to a place were I can read more about how this 6-Hex code works? Im primary wondering if everything (text boxes, trainers etc) is saved somewhere in this "list", how much extra editing space I have, and if Im safe from messups always using the codes I get from an Empty Space Finder program. Im editing Fire Red.

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
Years
How do I make them have that script?

I would drag the rocksmash event into the flower, but since there are lots of flowers and not alot of rocksmash rocks, and it will say smash rock instead of flower, you will need to find the script on google. Just search rock smash script or something like that and insert it from xse to a-map. I will let you know if I find the script if you cant find it.

Is It possible to change the move-set of a Pokemon as it evolves? Not merely its learn-sets, but the moves it currently knows - to change as it evolves?

For example, say I had a Grass type Pokemon, like a tree - which I want to evolve into a burning fire Pokemon, and then into a ash-ish Pokemon, in a sort of progressive evolution?

It would start out as a grass type, become a fire type, and end up a rock type.

is there a way to force it to forget the Grass Type moves - and likewise its Fire Type moves, upon evolution? I don't want the rock type Pokemon running around with access to fire blast and razor leaf.

Any Ideas?

Well things like that are usually solved with ASM, cuase you can do basically anything with ASM...
You could make it LEARN moves when it evolves with a program called "YAPE", but if you really want to make it force moves, my only guess is ASM.
Here is a good tut for starting if you need it: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=117917

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 29, 2014
How can I make an person event hidden (invisible) until a flag is set (in the same area)?

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020
Alright so I am having this problem. I have these two sprites that work perfectly on thier own:
COiYWP9.png

f3G6dvu.png

But the moment I try to put them in the same map, I get this problem.

SVFtukK.png

Anyone have any idea why? I used the tutorial "Inserting new OWs into fire red for dummies", and both of these OWs are from the same OW table.

Also Abras palette is palette 3 (one that was already in the game) and I added dragonites palette by using "Creating new OW palettes in Fire Red" by Quickster, and it's palette is number 32.

I also did the last step of his tutorial:
Spoiler:
Anyone know of a way to fix this?

How can I make an person event hidden (invisible) until a flag is set (in the same area)?

You just need to set the flag and put a hide sprite script. For example, let's say I wanted to talk to someone then have them dissapear. I would make a script like this

Spoiler:

The ending of hidesprite (the 0x0 in my script) should be the same as the sprites "person event". For example if my sprite has the person event 3, my command would instead be "hidesprite 0x3".

Now for the setlfag part, let's just say you were using flag 200. Make sure that the flag is not already set. Then go to advanced map and go to the person ID of the sprite. Make that the same as the flag. So In this example, I would make the person ID of the sprite 200.

I hope that clears everything up!

Last edited:

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
Alright so I am having this problem. I have these two sprites that work perfectly on thier own:
COiYWP9.png

f3G6dvu.png

But the moment I try to put them in the same map, I get this problem.

SVFtukK.png

Anyone have any idea why? I used the tutorial "Inserting new OWs into fire red for dummies", and both of these OWs are from the same OW table.

Also Abras palette is palette 3 (one that was already in the game) and I added dragonites palette by using "Creating new OW palettes in Fire Red" by Quickster, and it's palette is number 32.

I also did the last step of his tutorial:
Spoiler:
Anyone know of a way to fix this?

You just need to set the flag and put a hide sprite script. For example, let's say I wanted to talk to someone then have them dissapear. I would make a script like this

Spoiler:

The ending of hidesprite (the 0x0 in my script) should be the same as the sprites "person event". For example if my sprite has the person event 3, my command would instead be "hidesprite 0x3".

Now for the setlfag part, let's just say you were using flag 200. Make sure that the flag is not already set. Then go to advanced map and go to the person ID of the sprite. Make that the same as the flag. So In this example, I would make the person ID of the sprite 200.

I hope that clears everything up!

If they have the same pal number then obviously they will share the same pal. Also, pals with a byte before the controller share too. So 15 and 05 are the same pal slot.

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020
If they have the same pal number then obviously they will share the same pal. Also, pals with a byte before the controller share too. So 15 and 05 are the same pal slot.

But the Palette number for my abra is 3 and the palette number for dragonite is 32 ... How would that make this the same? I don't get it. 3 and 32 are COMPLETELY different numbers. I also didn't understand that lst thing yyou said witht he byte before the controller. Could you expand on that a bit more?

GoGoJJTech

Years
But the Palette number for my abra is 3 and the palette number for dragonite is 32 ... How would that make this the same? I don't get it. 3 and 32 are COMPLETELY different numbers. I also didn't understand that lst thing yyou said witht he byte before the controller. Could you expand on that a bit more?

Not the pal number the pal slot controller. Like in when you're in NSE and when you press ctrl+M and at the bottom right it says 15 00 00 00
That's the pal slot controller. So there 05 00 00 00 and 15 00 00 00 are the same slot, and will be shared. So abra and dragonite there share the same slot, only one pal will be shown.

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020
Not the pal number the pal slot controller. Like in when you're in NSE and when you press ctrl+M and at the bottom right it says 15 00 00 00
That's the pal slot controller. So there 05 00 00 00 and 15 00 00 00 are the same slot, and will be shared. So abra and dragonite there share the same slot, only one pal will be shown.

Yeah I just checked and you were right, Abra was 12 02 0000 and dragonite was 12 02 0000.

How do I change these do they are different? Is that all I have to do? just change one of these values so they are different?

GoGoJJTech

Years
Yeah I just checked and you were right, Abra was 12 02 0000 and dragonite was 12 02 0000.

How do I change these do they are different? Is that all I have to do? just change one of these values so they are different?

Change one of them and you will go into the game to find them lookin' good.
Just a fact, 0 is for the hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back