• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

General Anime and Manga fan club

Rose Flame

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2004
Ooo.. rice balls? I like that idea! Do you happen to have a recipe? I've no idea how to make them.

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
Years
I'll try to get my friend's, he has a magic touch. Anyway, I think the main trick is molding them correctly. Actually, I seem to have found a recipie on my comppy.

Ingredients:

cooked rice (use short-grain rice)
filling - salty, pickled plum, grilled salmon, tuna fish mixed with mayonnaise sauce *Whatever you like, you can choose as filling
salt
dry seaweed sheet (Nori)

Method of preparing onigiri:

Cook rice according to the recipe of the back of the rice bag.

Prepare some water in a bowl. Wet your hands in the water and sprinkle a little of salt on the palms.

While the rice is warm, place a handful of rice on the palms.

Place your favourite filling in the centre of rice and form rice in a triangular shape by tossing the rice in the hands. Make sure the filling comes inside of the rice ball.

Cut dry seaweed sheet in strip. Wrap around the rice balls with the dry seaweed sheet strip.

Tips for preparing them in different ways

To make a triangular shape, hold one hand with the palm side up and hold the other hand in a mountain shape over the palm of the other hand.

You can also wrap the rice balls with dry seaweed sheet just before eating them, so that the seaweed sheet is nice and crispy!

Anyway, the seaweed sheet isn't required, I'd actually recommend sprinkling a bit of sesame seed on top. They're best served warm, by the way.

Rose Flame

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2004
Thanks. I'll definitely have to try out that recipe. But I do have a question; Aren't rice balls sometimes served as a desert?

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
Rose Flame said:
Thanks. I'll definitely have to try out that recipe. But I do have a question; Aren't rice balls sometimes served as a desert?

Yea, becuse they can be filled with choclet or other types of fillings.

Rose Flame

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2004
Chocolate in rice balls? Hmm.. doesn't sound very appetizing. Is it good, though?

~Ozy~

Years
From what I know, the Japanese have put choclate on just about everything, regardless of whether it'll taste good.

Rose Flame

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2004
Just thought of this, and I realized I hadn't metioned it before. This seems sort of off topic, but it's important that you guys know; I am NOT the final authority on whether your work gets published or not. This is how it works;
(1)work is sent to appropriate editor
(2)editor sends approved works to me for editting (spelling mistakes, misuse of words, etc)
(3)editted works go to our sponsor for approval and any further polishing
(4)Final draft of magazine and website materials goes through principal for final approval.
Alright, got that taken care of.

Well, I decided to delete my last message since it seemed kind of pointless after firefly deleted her mistakes. But I kept the above instructions because I thought they were important.

Okay, I thought I'd ask a new question. Does anyone have any specific ideas for the layout of the magazine and website?

Firefly

Person who likes Anime
Years
Well guys rose said this thread is getting kind of cold so i thought i should post i will be nice this time. I am kind of at a loss of what to talk about because rose covered almost everything so lets talk about cows because i saw this weird video game for the game cube and i think you get to take care of a cow but i forgot what it was called.

~Ozy~

Years
I assume you speak of Harvest Moon: A wonderful Life. Excellet game, and a nice break from sword-swinging, gun-toting action. It's a lot like a more in-depth version of Animal Crossing.

Rose Flame

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2004
I've heard of Harvest moon, but I never played it. I have, however, played Animal Crossing. It wasn't great, but it was ok. Out of curiosity, are these Japanese games?

Rose Flame

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2004
Well, if that's the case, we can add them to the list of video games to cover in our website/magazine, that is, if you want to. It's kind of your decision since that's your section.

~Ozy~

Years
Yeah, problem is, there isn't really a whole lot you can do with games like that. Not much action or plot. They're fun to play, but hard to write stories about. But if nyone wants to send one in, they can. I really don't care what game it's based on.

Rose Flame

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2004
Actually, there's also a rating restiction on what video games we can cover, but it's not nearly as tight as the anime/manga restriction. We just can't cover "M" rated games, because those can get pretty raunchy (have you heard of "Gothic", I believe it was?). But those two games probably fall within the rating. Like I said before, we may be able to cover some 16+ rating at best, but most definitely nothing higher than that. And even if we're allowed to cover 16+ material, we probably won't be able to screen it.

Also, I'm trying to draw up the design of the magazine, with a bit of trouble. Do you have any ideas how it should be designed? The only thing we've decided for sure is that the sections will be color coded.

~Ozy~

Years
Well, I can't really think of anything I can describe all that well online. My main question at this point is what kind of graphics will be used during the stories, as illustrations or the like, mainly to break the monotony.

Rose Flame

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2004
003 was supposed to be working on the graphics for the website, but I haven't heard from him in a while. And as for the magazine graphics...To be honest, I have'nt the foggiest. I'm open to suggestions :embarrass

~Ozy~

Years
Seeing as how you probably don't have any illustrators, just fan artists, I'd recommend interspersing the fan art and the stories, as in put a piece of fan art mixed in with a somewhat related story/article.

Rose Flame

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2004
That would work if we had any fanartists, but currently, we only have a few authors signed up. Though we are accepting fanart, we have'nt recieved any, nor do we have anyone interested in sending in any. I'm considering going to the fanart forums (and possibly the fanfiction forums) and seeing if I can generate some interest among some of the more avid artists, though I don't know as that would be permitted.

Alright, I have an important announcement: If all goes well, construction on the website will begin very soon; in the next two or three weeks at most if everything works out. So we need to get some things wrapped up;

to 003; we haven't recieved any art for the website from you so far. We'll need some soon if you want your work included. Firefly's address is a few pages back and so is mine. And if you still want to send me a demo of your bands music, I'd prefer you send it to me via e-mail at [email protected] . If need an idea of what we want, PM me.

to Oni Flygon and The Adamant Dodger; editors of the purple and black section; be ready to accept possibly a flood of fanworks soon before school starts. I think your e-mail addresses are already listed, so I can think of anything I need from you right now, other than ideas for the format of the magazine and the website if you'd like.

I think Firefly's supposed to be posting...

Last edited:

Firefly

Person who likes Anime
Years
Hello people tommorow 2 of our other editors are going to be posting here so i guess you will get some new people to talk to (doesn't that just make you happy)

Last edited:
Back