• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What name do you give your Player in Pokemon Games, your real name or some other name?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2016
    I can't remember what my name was in red and blue as I was just a kid... Something like a bird name I think? Like wren or finch or something? I don't know. Later when I started playing newer generations out of curiosity and feeling nostalgic, I used the names Echo, and Whisper. I still use those names in other video games. My newest game that I own is X, and I named my character Kitten. When I get ORAS I'll probably use a different name again.

sCam

Killing is a pleasure
    Years
    • ny
    • Seen Dec 18, 2016
    I always pick female, so I use my girlfriend's name. That or "slut" in the older generations when they didn't have bogus filters -.-

Sukyandaru

kimi ni baby sweet berry love
    Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2019
    I usually give my characters a different name to my real one on my first playthrough of a game, and I rarely restart a game. But when I get the second game in a pair (like Diamond after Pearl), I usually make up a name as well but there have been occasions where I've used my real name, I think. Most of the time I don't really like to use it in Pokemon games though :c

Years
  • During my first playthrough, I tend to use the canon names, but subsequent playthroughs are either:
    - Friends' names;
    - My nicknames (never my own name);
    - Completely random names (my last male protagonist on Y was Klaus);

AlphaTangoFoxtrot

Johto-vah's Witness
    Years
  • I kinda go through like cycles of naming my player in Pokemon games. Like I've just recently moved from naming all of my characters "Alpha" to using my real name, "Michael." Before Alpha, I would use normal names that I just really liked and would most likely name a son. Examples would be Logan, Teddy, and Riley. On the few occasions that I use a female trainer, I'll usually use a similar strategy and name her like I would name a daughter. Some I've used in these cases are Kate and Lily.

It all depends. I'm sure in a few weeks or months I'll have a new naming technique.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I normally will name my player Nate because that is my real name! Maybe I want to pretend it's me and that I'm becoming the Pokemon master; a boy can dream. :x

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
    Years
  • Oddball - The name I chose for myself, I actually prefer it to my real name nowadays.
    Dustin - My real name, don't use it much, IRL people are boring.
    Jake - Its a name I've always liked
    Alex - Also a name I like

Or sometimes just the generic names, Red, Gold, etc.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I tend to use Ice. I never pretend I'm the player character, so it kind of removes the need for me to use my own name, and using Ice makes me recognizable to the people I play pokémon with that don't know my real name.

Fannie

Don't let my milk go lumpy
    Years
    • Age 32
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 31, 2016
    "slut" in the older generations when they didn't have bogus filters -.-

Perfect! I wasn't sure if mine would be filtered. I always go by my online handle, which has a slightly different meaning in Britain.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    the first run of a new game i like to use my real name, but after that i'll use a few aliases i've created or i'll just name myself based off a theme i'm doing with my team

khaozz

Peace sells, but who's buying?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2018
    After creating the alias Khaozz, it's the name I use for every game with a nameable protagonist, including Pokemon.

Crin

Life is all about choices
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2016
    I use the name "Ded" every single time. No idea why... I came up with it in 2004 after receiving Ruby version for my birthday!

Sirenita55

Team Popplio!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2018
    More often than not, I call the male character Coby. However, I prefer to play as the female character and I give them different names each time.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • I remember once while playing LeafGreen, I reversed the roles, i.e., named the Player character (Red, on which Ash Ketchum is based) - Gary & I named my Rival (Gary) - Ash.

Pika Pika :chu:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back