• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which game had the best post-game content and why?

Which game's postgame content was the best?

• FRLG

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ruby and Sapphire

• Emerald

• HGSS

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Diamond and Pearl

• Platinum

• Black and White

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Black and White 2

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • X/Y

• ORAS

• Total voters

Hikarin

SOS Chain Overflow
Years
  • Personally, I think it's Black and White (the first ones). It had the longest postgame, but it was also the most annoying. I just like it for the length. Second, I'd have to say is FRLG. Sevii Islands are cool. What does you think? Even better would be, what do you think could have been done better in some games' postgame contents?

Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2016
    i think HGSS had the most content after the main game, you get to revisit kanto, like the original silver and gold, and you fight the gyms all which have almost similar level pokemon to yours, still a bit to explore, then after you beat all 8 gyms of kanto you have mt silver where you fight red, so thats also pretty cool, only downside is that the kanto pokemon are super low leveled. even though its pretty short the Delta Episode was on point in story so that was pretty cool in omega ruby alpha sapphire

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    HG/SS has the best post-game material in the fact that there were 8 more gyms to defeat. I think the Delta Episode from 6th gen and the Sevii Islands from 3rd gen are tied for second in my book.

Years
  • This is a really tough choice for me, I loved the Sevii Islands in FRLG, it gave the player something different to the Kanto region and allowed for lots of exploration in secret areas around the islands. Also, the Battle Frontier in Emerald was super fun, all the facilities were so cool and entertaining and the challenge of conquering them all had me hooked for ages.

Despite this my favourite post-game is from HGSS, I loved travelling back to the Kanto region, it effectively made the game twice as long and taking on another 8 gyms who had even more powerful Pokemon was a great challenge. The fight against Red was really nostalgic for me and I think this post-game is my favourite simply because it adds so much content for the player to explore.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • I prefer exploration to battling, so post-game content like the Battle Frontier isn't of much interest to me. I'm gonna go with DPPt and HGSS - all of the Gen IV games did a good job with their post-games and HGSS's Kanto is absolutely beautiful. Can't vote for more than one thing on this poll, so I'll go with that.

BubbleBeams

Defeating Champions Since 1999
    Years
  • I wasn't sure if the Kanto portion of G/S/C/HG/SS counted, but it seems many here see it as such, so I will count it lol. That would be hands-down the best post-game content, imo, because there is so much exploration to do, more gym leaders to fight, battling Red, etc... Plus the nostalgia for Gen 1'ers like myself lol.

That being said I remember spending a ridiculous amount of time playing my Diamond game after having beat it, so I'll throw D/P/Pt out there as a strong contender. lol

blue

gucci
    Years
  • HGSS mainly because of Kanto.

For me it can't get any better than having a second Region to explore instantly after completing the first, it's like playing through a second story almost. Amongst having Kanto it also has some really cool extras to do such as rematching the Elite Four, the Giovanni side mission, battling Red and so on.

Arjay

#GoStags
    Years
  • Exploration/Catching >>>>> Battling, in my opinion. I don't get the idea that a battle facility is the be-all-and-end-all of post-game content. It's soooo repetitive and boring as you have to grind through hundreds of battles with no experience points or prize money awarded. But exploring new environments, finding and catching new Pokémon, filling the Pokédex, battling new trainers with experience and money on offer, breeding, hatching, raising....that is my idea of a great time.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Black/White doesn't exactly have a huge post-game, and Black2/White2's post-game/extra content blows its prequels out of the water really

Lycanroc

under the sun
    Years
  • I'm going to be like everyone else and throw my vote at HGSS. Having a second region is just above and beyond anything I expected, and while GSC did this as well, I just think that its remakes did it better. Red was also a very worthy Trainer to serve as the ultimate challenge, though i might be a bit biased because i tried to beat him for a dragon monotype challenge but anyway and there's a few things to do even after that. But I'd say B2W2 is a close second, because although the story pretty much ends once you get Black/White Kyurem, I found that sidequest pretty cool and there is a ton of other postgame content. I remember playing my White 2 for a long time even after beating Iris.

Hikarin

SOS Chain Overflow
    Years
  • I just think that postgame content that adds to the story, like Sevii Islands, HGSS Kanto, and the Delta Episode are much better than things like mindless Pokemon hunting, legendary poaching and Battle Frontier mashing.

Lycanroc

under the sun
    Years
  • I just think that postgame content that adds to the story, like Sevii Islands, HGSS Kanto, and the Delta Episode are much better than things like mindless Pokemon hunting, legendary poaching and Battle Frontier mashing.

I agree completely, but when you look at other games, B2W2 for example, there was some more post-credits story. Now, personally, I did not like the Delta Episode; it was just Fly-ing around Hoenn and listening to a bunch of dialogue. It felt more like a movie than a game.

Back