• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The RNG type challenge

Years
  • Hello everyone! My name is Supersatan25, and this is my idea for a challenge for any pokemon game hacked or not. Now this challenge uses a RNG (random number generator for those who don't know) outside of the game to determine the numbers you will get. This will be explained in the rules. Here is the website for the RNG. randomnumbergenerator.com

Rules:
    1. go to the above website and have the website randomly select a number between 1 and 18. Do this a total of 6 times.
    2. the number you get will correspond to a type from the list below.
    3. if the number you get corresponds to a type that doesn't exist in the game you are playing, roll again.
    4. once you have all of your types you should pick 6 different pokemon (no duplicates of type or pokemon) that correspond to each type but not necessarily in the order you rolled the numbers. (ex: if you got fire, ice, and ground, you don't need to get those types in that order. You would just need to have those types before the E4) You can only use those six pokemon so choose wisely
    5. you can catch a pokemon that isn't your type as long as it evolves into your type by the time you get to the E4
    6. you can get your pokemon in anyway you want to as long as it's in game. (no hacked in events or wifi trades. they have to be caught within the game or traded from an NPC)
    EDIT: you can trade to evolve
    7. you should have at least one type from your results before you get your 2nd badge. This should be doable.
    8. the game is over when you have beaten the champion or final battle in your game. (ie: red in silver/gold)
    9. dual type pokemon have special rules. They will be explained later.
    10. you can use an HM slave. it doesn't have to be any of the types that you got due to the fact that It will only be used for HMs
    11. Your starter does not have to count as one of your types but must be used until you get one of your types and must be boxed henceforth

Versions of challenge:
    There are different ways you can play this challenge. They are as follows.
    1. the above rules apply to the normal mode.
    2. the second version of the normal mode allows for same typings and pokemon however this is intended for those who want an easier experience.
    3. Nuzlocke v1: You can only catch the first pokemon you see of your type. If it runs or gets KOd, you have to find another pokemon of that type. If you go through all the pokemon of that type without catching one, you can start over in your search.
    4. Nuzlocke v2: you can pick ahead of time what pokemon of your type you want capture but you can only capture that one pokemon. you can also search for it as many times as you need to in order to catch it.
    5. Nuzlocke v3: mix of v1 and v2. the first pokemon of your type you find must be caught but can be searched for as much as needed.
    PLEASE READ: ( in nuzlocke versions the starters don't have to count as your first type encounter if the starters are one of the types assigned to you)

Dual type rulings:
    1. dual types can be used but they can only count for one type. (Ex: gloom is poison/grass. if you got numbers for a grass and a poison it can't count for both.)
    2. normal dual types: if you get a number for normal, it has to be purely normal. It can't be a normal dual type. HOWEVER, if the type you get is paired with normal that's fine. (say you get normal: it has to be monotype; say you get psychic: you can get girafarig as it's physic as well as normal.) (normal/flying dual types are exempt from this rule since they are so common but still follows rule 1.
    3. if you have a dual type you can use one move from it's other half (you chose gloom to be your grass type, so you are allowed to use one poison move.)
    4. if you catch a pokemon that evolves into a duel type you use the types it had when it was caught. (Magikarp is an exception as it learns nothing useful until it evolves. however you can still use it as a water type if you wish.

there are also two modes:
    standard: play through one game
    ultimate: play through all six gens using the same types you recieved

number list:
    1-fire
    2-water
    3-grass
    4-electric
    5-psychic
    6-steel
    7-dark
    8-fairy
    9-fighting
    10-normal
    11-ghost
    12-bug
    13-flying
    14-dragon
    15-ground
    16-rock
    17-poison
    18-ice

Username on PC:
    in game name:
    types:
    game(s):
    Challenge type:
    extra self imposed rules:

thank you for reading this long post and make sure to update your status on here. and yes I am doing the challenge too. at least I will be soon.

EDIT: If you have any questions please ask. I am here to help as best I can.

Challengers
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Username on PC: Supersatan25
    in game name: Red
    types: normal, dragon, flying, ghost, rock, poison
    game(s): Leaf Green
    Challenge type: normal
    extra self imposed rules: none

I've never actually done this prior to thinking this challenge up so this ought to be fun

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2019
    User name on PC: Galladetitan
    In game name: Titus
    Types: Bug, Fighting, Fire,Flying,Poison,Water
    Game: Platinum
    Extra self imposed rules: none

Years
  • Username on PC: AoTora
    in game name: AoTora or Lara [depends on my mood].
    types: Ghost, Flying, Fire, Normal, Steel, Ice
    game(s): White 2
    Challenge type: Normal
    extra self imposed rules: None.

Years
  • When you say no duplicates of types do u mean no Pokemon can have the same type?

Exactly that. But if you had two pokemon that were dual type and they were the same dual type, you could use one for one type and the other for the other type. (ie: two grass/poison types. one could count for grass and the other could count for poison.) however you can't do the above with the same pokemon meaning you cant have two of the same dual type pokemon count for different types. although this only applies to the normal and nuzlocke versions. Hope this cleared things up!

Years
  • Username on PC: Supersatan25
    in game name: Red
    game(s): Leaf Green

I've never actually done this prior to thinking this challenge up so this ought to be fun
    Update:
    So I finally got started on my challenge and so far I've caught a spearow as my flying type. I started with a bulbasaur and used it to catch my spearow in route 22. I named the spearow Hugo and released bulbasaur. I planned on catching a nidoran(m) in route 22 as well but I forgot that nidoran can't be caught there like it could be in red and blue. To make matters worse I have to beat brock first to catch it in route 3, meaning I have to face a rock type gym with a flying type. Grinding time!

021.png

Hugo the serious spearow
    caught at level 3 on route 22 now level 11
    keen eye
    peck, growl, leer

Last edited:
    Years
  • I should probably get back to this challenge haha. For the most i've been doing other challenges. Also I need to grind some more so I can get past the first gym. That's what I get for choosing a flying type as my first pokemon......

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2023
    Username: Phantomness
    Name in game: Phantom
    Types: Fire, Water, Electric, Grass, Ground and Steel
    Games: Red Randomized 721, Gold randomized, Theta Emerald randomized if possible otherwise randomization with the Emerald 650 patch, Diamond randomized, Black randomized, and X randomized (going for ultimate)
    Extra rules: None at the moment

Going for Red Randomized 721 to get steel-types in Gen I.

So far...
    My starter was Patrick the Samurott. On Route 1 I caught Arthur the Servine. On Route 22 I caught Frederick the Gabite. In Viridian Forest I caught Kenneth the Doublade.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Username: Phantomness
    Name in game: Phantom
    Types: Fire, Water, Electric, Grass, Ground and Dragon
    Games: Red Randomized 721, Gold randomized, Theta Emerald randomized if possible otherwise randomization with the Emerald 650 patch, Diamond randomized, Black randomized, and X randomized (going for ultimate)
    Extra rules: None at the moment

I got part of your question in the email, or heck even the whole thing I'm not sure lol. But yes you can. To all the other hacks too. Have fun!

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2023
    Sorry for the confusion, I got Steel initially and changed it to dragon just in case you didn't okay using the randomized versions and then I changed it back to Steel...

Spoiler:

Last edited:

BlissyMKW

Rawr
    Years
  • Because I need an excuse to replay X/Y...

Username on PC: KoboraX
    in game name: Ruby
    Types: Ice, Fairy, Psychic, Flying, Ground, Grass (RNG hates me)
    Game: Y
    Challenge Type: Normal
    extra self imposed rules: Try not to get destroyed too hard.

Years
  • Because I need an excuse to replay X/Y...

Username on PC: KoboraX
    in game name: Ruby
    Types: Ice, Fairy, Psychic, Flying, Ground, Grass (RNG hates me)
    Game: Y
    Challenge Type: Normal
    extra self imposed rules: Try not to get destroyed too hard.

Glad to see you on board! That extra rule though.....*smacks lips and sighs*......good rule. I apparently hate myself lol. I got a flying type before Brock, cuz Im 2 smrt. I can't get any other types until after his gym. I should really get back to mine......

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2023
    Now, onto randomized Gold version… My starter choices were Mareep, Poliwag and Kingdra. I picked Kingdra and named her Nadia.
    On Route 29 I caught Vera the Houndour.
    On Route 30 I caught Yama the Piloswine.
    On Route 31 there was no way I could catch a Zapdos but I did get Trent the Jolteon after using up a lot of Poke Balls.
    I defeated Falkner's Gligar and Pupitar and got the Zephyr Badge!
    On Route 32 I caught Sai the Hoppip.
    I beat Bugsy's Sudowoodo, Vaporeon and Drowzee for the Hive Badge.
    I defeated my Rival's Nidoran, Meowth and Poliwhirl.

Question: May I catch an HM slave for now? I only have 5 pokemon since I haven't encountered any Steel types, and I need Cut to progress... and none of them can learn it...
    EDIT: Just in case I can't, I used the walk through walls code to get through Ilex Forest.

Whitney had Swinub and Pidgey so the Plain Badge was an easy win.
    Morty was also not too bad, with Yanma, Hoppip, Kabuto and Misdreavus so I got the Fog Badge.
    In the Burnt Tower, my rival had Vileplume, Nidoran M, Yanma and Poliwhirl.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Question: May I catch an HM slave for now? I only have 5 pokemon since I haven't encountered any Steel types, and I need Cut to progress... and none of them can learn it...
    EDIT: Just in case I can't, I used the walk through walls code to get through Ilex Forest.

Hmm, I thought I put this in the rules but looking back I didn't. Yes you can use an HM slave. it doesn't have to be any of the types that you got due to the fact that It will only be used for HMs

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2023
    In Olivine City I fished up Wakazashi the Scizor so I finally have a full team…
    I defeated Chuck's Smeargle and Jumpluff and got the Storm Badge.
    Jasmine's Ariados, Ditto and Wartortle were no match for my team so I got the Mineral Badge.
    Pryce had Cloyster, Houndoom and Charmeleon but I triumphed with the Glacier Badge.

I'm too tired to post the rest of the logs, but here is a picture of me after beating Red... http://picpaste.com/Pokemon_GoldR_01-XcaDPlfi.png

Onto Generation 3 next!

Last edited:
    Years
  • I seem to have lost my file for leaf green but I wasn't too far into it. So I believe that I will change my game to sapphire because for one I don't think I've beaten it and two it's hard to get past the first gym in leaf green with the type I have available. So here is my new sign up form

Username on PC: Supersatan25
    in game name: Brendan
    game(s): sapphire

Last edited:
    Years
  • I seem to have lost my file for leaf green but I wasn't too far into it. So I believe that I will change my game to sapphire because for one I don't think I've beaten it and two it's hard to get past the first gym in leaf green with the type I have available. So here is my new sign up form

Username on PC: Supersatan25
    in game name: Brendan
    game(s): sapphire

So far I've got a tailow named Carrie on route 104 that went from level 5 to 15 and a whismur named Skrillix from rusturf tunnel that is currently at level 8. I'm going to train tomorrow and challenge the first gym.

Earfull

WildSalamance
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2021
    Username on PC: Earfull
    in game name: Wild
    types: grass, psychic, steel, fighting, flying, dragon
    game(s): Pokemon FireRed, HearthGold, Emerald, Diamond, Black and Black 2. (i dont have a DS so i wont do 6th reagion)
    Challenge type: Ultimate

Last edited:
    Back