• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How long can you go without using the internet?

Years
  • Figured I'd bring this over here as it's a fun topic that doesn't seem to be open right now. Surprise!

Some of us can only go hours while others can manage being cut off from the internet for weeks or even months. How long can you personally go without the internet? How long have you went without it in the past? What do you usually do when your 'net is unavailable?

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • Not very long. XD The internet could go down for five minutes tops, and I'm freaking out over not having a connection. I can't really remember how long I've been without it come to think of it. I did for a little while when we moved to our new house, but I was able to contact my ex-boyfriend via text (I think) at the time. So, it wasn't a huge loss for me at the time. Now, if I go less than three minutes without internet, I'm usually the first one to react. My entire routine is internet-based, so if there's a break in that routine, I'm more likely to meltdown or just freak out.

Years
  • If I'm not in special circumstances (such as hanging out with a friend, or on a vacation), then I probably would not be able to at all. Earlier today, my power went out for over an hour, and I was really bored; it seems like a lot of the things I do involve the internet in any way, shape, or form.

Warspirit

be nice to nice ❤️
    Years
  • I can go longer than I used to but still not long lol. I use internet for nearly everything and it's a bummer when there's no wifi even though I'll still try to find other things to do :/ The only things that don't require me to use the internet and I'm happy about is writing, drawing (ok I may need some reference art) and playing a few non-wifi games on my phone.
    I can probably last half a day without internet. I can't talk to my friends if I don't have it so I'd be really bored OTL

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    Probably not very long, honestly... :( Or maybe for a long time, who knows? I use the Internet so much that I definitely take it for granted and being cut off would definitely be an adjustment, but I have enough hobbies and other interests where I would like to think that I wouldn't miss it, lol.

But, if I were to be cut off from my phone service that would be an entirely different story, considering my boyfriend and I are in a LDR. Most of my closest friends are long-distance, actually. So yeah, I can do without the Internet but at least let me text or make phone calls lol.

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
  • I don't want to find out. XD

When I was in the hospital, I was without internet for 6 weeks. I had my phone, but, just like the food, hospital WiFi was terrible. I didn't have the full internet, but I was able to at least hop on Twitter and Facebook.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • If you force me to be without internet, I can maybe go on for a month or two. I'll have a ****-ton of anime with me if I get bored, after all.

But realistically speaking I can't really live without internet. Nope. So maybe half a day or one day's my limit if I willingly do it myself. Then I'll feel the urge to use it again. :p

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Probably 8 hours (of sleep).

Although, I can manage a full day if I had nothing of importance over the net. I always ended up occupying myself with my video games or anime, or sometimes (in case of a black out), finally work on my WIP project that I keep neglecting. But yeah... a full day is my limit before I have this urge to open sites again.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • I'm fairly dependent on the internet for work since I do a lot from home, so even without my online life (PC/4P/Skype/gaming sites/etc.) I would be up the creek without a paddle without fairly constant internet access. But for personal purposes, even going a day or two without talking to people, checking sites, etc. would drive me up the wall. If I'm really busy doing things at work or something, it doesn't really bother me since I'm occupied with other things, but if I have nothing else to do it's torture.

I know I'm addicted, lol.

Years
  • Based on the time I was born to the time I first used the internet, I'd say about 7 years :p

Realistically though, the internet is my main source of entertainment these days, since I don't have cable anymore, and I don't play video games as often as I used to. If I was working lots like I am now, I could probably go a few weeks without the internet, but if I had a lot of free time, I'd probably go squirrely without it for more than a few days.

Years
  • About a decade or so. Not sure.

And it was easy, since internet hadn't been invented yet...

Oh wait, you're asking how long could I go without internet NOW?

Uh... Probably about as long as I could go without water.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • First time I used the internet I was about 6.

Though, I think I could last quite a while without the internet. As long as I'm allowed to hang with friends or have something to do. If it's not staying at home, sitting on the computer with no internet and I could go hang with people, go places etc. I'm pretty sure I could go for months without internet. I'm to the point where I no longer an reliant on the internet anymore.

pkmin3033

I think I could probably go without the internet for a month or two...but just because I could doesn't mean that I would want to, or would choose to, or would even put that to the test. I have plenty of things to do outside of the internet, so I wouldn't necessarily get bored beyond all reasoning, but it's so thoroughly integrated into my daily life that going without it for longer than a couple of days is a real inconvenience.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I wish I were able, but unfortunately, I don't believe I could ever go much long without Internet, to be honest.

Online, I find myself doing a lot of things every day, such as shopping, working on certain class project, chatting with friends, reading things, watching shows, downloading or listening to music, play certain games, and almost anything else we could possibly think of (in terms of entertainment, productivity, communication, and other things of the like). I've been introduced to Internet when I was very, very young, and have been clinging to it ever since.

The longest I have been without any sort of Internet connection at my home would probably have to be around two months or so, if I remember correctly. However, I still found other ways to access (such as borrowing from neighbor), but sadly, those weren't always accessible. If the world were to start lacking Internet completely at some point in future, I suppose I could accept, but it'd be rather tough to adapt, I imagine, since (as unfortunate as it may sound) this is what I've been relying on pretty heavily for majority of my life.

Years
  • The longest I went without internet was 4 weeks. Due to Hurricane Sandy. I was without power and obviously internet for that amount of time.

But the Internet isnt a necessity for me and my life. I can do without it tbh.

Years
  • Longest time I went without internet in recent years was back in August this year, when I had to spend 3 nights in hospital to remove a terrible lump on my right breast. You could tell I definitely had trouble surviving in that environment because I didn't have any of my usual "happy things" with me. In fact, during that month I often found myself being kept off the internet a lot because my last computer died from overheating and I was stuck sharing my mother's, which was hard because she spends almost 24/7 of her time moderating a fanclub on Facebook.

Closest thing after that was when I was stuck with disabled internet for an entire day.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I don't think I've ever seen a day without Internet for a long, long time... I don't really know if I'll be able to stand not having Internet for even a few days.

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    it depends how long i've been asleep for lol. but honestly if i'm busy with something (other than school work) i can go without.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    The longest I've lasted without the internet is for a week. It's when I go abroad on holiday, I wouldn't even use a public computer to access the internet.

Back