• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I Guess I Can't Change.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
  • I was pretty immature when I was new to the internet, but now I've wisen up and promised to never revert back to my former self again.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Over my entire lifetime? Yes. But that's true for everyone I would think. I don't think that anyone remains unchanged from day 1 till now.

But have I changed over the past, idk, 3-4 years or so? I'd say not really.....though I think some people would tell me otherwise.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • Like others have said, I was also very immature. I used to always think everyone I met was my best friend. Mostly because I didn't really know how to make good friends. As I got older, I started to follow better examples from others though. I became a much better person through bad experiences as well. So, I was able to learn from mistakes too.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
  • I feel like I've become a lot more responsible (in most areas) of my life. When was a teenager and in my early twenties, I didn't care about anything. Now, the only thing I'm reckless with is my money (which is probably the worst thing you can be reckless with.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen today
    I used to think I was pretty mature back when I was younger, but looking back on it I really was just a kid. I like to think that I've matured a bit since I first joined here as a twelve year old. And in real life I feel like I've really opened up with people and gotten a lot easier to deal with than I was when I was younger.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I've changed a lot in the past year alone. Getting into the details would make for a really sappy post, but just about all of the changes have been for the better, and I'm not going back.

Years
  • I haven't changed anything about myself.
    Pokemon' til I die.

' I can't do what ten people tell me to do so I guess I'll remain the same '.
    A lot of recommendations as to how I should change but I'm not entirely sure those options bests suits me as an individual.
    Same ole' immature, naive, oblivious, irresponsible adolescent who refuses to succumb to ' Adulthood ', SUE MEH!

Years
  • I used to be sadder, more apologetic, and a doormat. Now I'm angrier, more selfish, and in some ways more intolerant. I've taken to redirecting some of my negative feelings for myself and throwing them out into the world. Not exactly a good thing, but it has some benefits.

My habits have unfortunately not changed, though I do more adulting than I've done before, like keeping a job to keep from being poor. It's not an easy thing, but I guess I've gotten more skilled at putting up with it.

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    I'm skeptical of personal change as I believe most people simply suppress their undesirable characteristics rather than undergo actual, brutal shifts in their selves. Most people hopefully learn how to adapt to situations or envisioned situations and then hopefully learn how to adapt their personality to future scenarios. They learn which aspects of themselves hinder them and they learn how to navigate around those aspects. But they remain the same, they've just leveled up a bit.

So, with that in mind, I don't think I've changed that much over the years. I think I've just developed increasing levels of self-awareness, gotten used to myself and heightened my good aspects while using my awareness to navigate around negative aspects, should I care enough to do so.

Urugamosu

Happy, and Searching.
    Years
  • Between 2012 and now, I'm a completely different person. I'd say I was a reclusive, more shy and scared to talk even to buy food. Now, that makes me laugh. I'm definitely way more assertive than what I used to be. Also, I was in high-school at that point so I guess that makes more sense, because I had to learn parts of me that I've never known before once I began University. It's amazing how much you can change within a short time-span.

Lucid

In the short run? I really think I have. I used to be a miserable asshole rather then a happy one. Mostly it's come from embracing myself, negative aspects and all and cutting out a lot of horrible people from my life. I also am way less stressed about how I'm perceived by others, more so because I pretty much gave up caring. I'm infinity happier then I was 3 or 4 years ago and I wouldn't change a thing.

Sirfetch’d

After years of struggling with depression I can say that I am much better now than just 6 months ago. I still have bad days but for the most part I am happy. I don't wake up suicidal anymore and I appreciate things for what they are.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I've stopped being as creepy around people as I used to and I have started to try and be more social instead of just sitting around with a frown on my face and wondering why nobody is trying to interact with me.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    well i used to think that the internet was made from magic

so yeah i think i've changed a decent amount

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Before moving to Houston, I was always isolated. I wanted to hide away and just be myself. After living there for one month, I felt like I've done a whole lot of growing up, as well as I was able to warm up to people whom I never thought I would warm up to! I feel like I've shed my "dead" skin and became a new person, and that took some courage.

Back