• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you want another PBR-esque game?

Years
Pokémon Battle Revolution was a game released for the Wii in 2007, and while it had its perks and different battle styles, some people weren't very fond of the game's execution. I thought its graphical presentation was awesome, at least, and I liked how they carried out some of the battle styles in different arenas. But I understand why people weren't fond of it, although one of the biggest things about it was that you were able to battle on Wi-Fi in 3D.

Would you want that to happen again, like on the Wii U? Or does the already 3D environments with XY and ORAS render it obsolete? If you would make it happen, what would you revise? Discuss.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
While I haven't play the Game Cube or Wii series, I appreciate these series. As they are games that can interact with the core games; rewards and special Pokémon can be sent from those games, you can send your own Pokémon to those games as well.

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
I've never played the game myself (though I wanted to for a while), but I always thought it was cool that it could link up with the core series games, and I certainly wouldn't be opposed to seeing them make another (though I'd need a Wii U first).

Years
I would be happy to see a new console-based Pokemon game, because you do have to admit the 3D was impressive at the time of release, especially Battle Revolution which I think had some solid 3D rendering and animation. However, with 6th Gen now making the core series adopt 3D technology I feel like these games have lost their luster.

Frozen Lotus

Shay's Ice Prince
Years
  • Age 35
  • Ohio
  • Seen Nov 17, 2015
I never played Battle Revolution, but if I understand it correctly it's basically just a newer Pokemon Stadium... so hell yes, I'd love one. The 3D battling of the Gen VI games doesn't really live up to that for me. It's great on a handheld, but I want Wii U graphics on a big screen with huge stadiums, an announcer, and over the top attack animations. Though I'd love if they'd bring back Rental Pokemon for it. I love using my own Pokemon, but sometimes it's fun to just pick some randoms and go at it for casual fun.

Years
  • Age 29
  • home
  • Seen Aug 16, 2023
although i did buy Pokémon Battle Revolution, i was slightly disappointed with the lack of an engaging story like Pokémon Colosseum had. there were also good features though. i loved the trainer customisation, for instance, and the large number of different colosseums - each with its own specific play style - was nice too. of course now that the 3DS games also have 3D models rather than sprites, it's not as necessary to have a console version to get the awesome battles and move animations, but i would still adore a new installment. specifically a prequel game for Colosseum, where we play as Wes and join/infiltrate Team Snagem...

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
Years
Yes yes yessss pls x 100^infinity

I loooove the idea of a Pokémon game on a home console, and the only one I've played so far was this game. Heck, if they announce a console Pokémon game for Wii U, I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

Back