• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen real or hack?

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen May 10, 2015
    Seriously I need someone to help me out with this one, I was on a wonder trading binge to see how many out of reign pokemon I can get before I get the national dex and ended up with a Japanese shiny Kyurem (pix attached) can anyone tell me if this is real or a fake

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Seriously I need someone to help me out with this one, I was on a wonder trading binge to see how many out of reign pokemon I can get before I get the national dex and ended up with a Japanese shiny Kyurem (pix attached) can anyone tell me if this is real or a fake

Well, it's IVs are approximately: 31, 6, 10, 2, 31, 6 if it was a hack, people would generally hack to get all perfect or near perfect stats, so I would say it's pretty likely a legit shiny Kyurem.

Reactions: Sun

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I agree with Howmander that it's probably not a hack. But just to make sure, you can post in this thread and see what the people there think.

Reactions: Sun

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023

Well, it's IVs are approximately: 31, 6, 10, 2, 31, 6 if it was a hack, people would generally hack to get all perfect or near perfect stats, so I would say it's pretty likely a legit shiny Kyurem.

I agree with Howmander that it's probably not a hack. But just to make sure, you can post in this thread and see what the people there think.

It's hacked 'cause Kyurem cannot be shiny in the Generation 5 games.

odd, I checked serebii's and bulbapedia's list of shiny locks for legendaries and Kyurem isn't included with Zekrom and Reshiram in the gen 5 list.

I stand corrected. :P

Last edited:

Sebastian_Sommer

Rocket grunt
    Years
  • It's hacked 'cause Kyurem cannot be shiny in the Generation 5 games.
    odd, I checked serebii's and bulbapedia's list of shiny locks for legendaries and Kyurem isn't included with Zekrom and Reshiram in the gen 5 list.

One last thing, you should try using the shiny kyurem in battle spot cause I heard that there's a hack check function that determines whether its real or fake. If it's the latter, then it should kick you out of the battle spot.
    Scratch that, I recently discovered that one of my legendaries was a hacked pokemon, yet for some reason, the battlespot 'hack checker' did not recognize it as such and allowed me to battle with it. Apparently the recent patch did nothing whatsoever.

Last edited:
    Back