• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who are your favorite Let's Players?

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
Everyone that watches Let's Plays watches a specific or a few specific people. Who are the people you watch? Why are they your favorite and what makes their LPs so good to watch?

What game/series of LPs is your favorite by that person?

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
Years
I think Markiplier's pretty alright. I'm not a big LP watcher, but if there is a game I want to see someone playing and talking about, he's my go-to.

He's not as (personal opinion incoming) absolutely asinine as Pewdiepie, and doesn't fill his videos with moronically inane chatter - and he seems to be generally pretty good at the games he plays; asks for feedback+ tips on those games, and goes on the advice he gets from viewers to get through tough spots. He seems alright.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Several Yogscast people, Markiplier, Game Grumps, Direwolf20 (the first let's player I watched), and on occasion I watch Pewdiepie. I also have muyskerm on my subs. He's not bad, one of Mark's friends.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
I'm a big fan of the Mindcrack group of Let's Players. Specifically Guude, the leader, Coestar, KurtJMac (of Farlands or Bust fame), and occasionally some others. They all are really great and offer some unique LP experiences. I used to watch A LOT of other LPers, but my time management has changed and so has my LPing interests.

I enjoy NintendoCapriSun sometimes, but haven't been too interested in his recent LPs. I watch The Runaway Guys with him, Chuggaconroy, and ProtonJon as well. :)

Years
I'm glad to see so many people here like Markiplier.

It was his videos that showed me what Let's Plays could really be. How much fun and entertaining they are.

Honestly, I'm afraid I didn't respect the medium until I found Mark's videos, and now I've sampled at least a hundred different LP channels.

Of those channels I like Quill18 and Cryotic the most. Fiyahkitteh's good too.

I have friends who keep showing my Pewdiepie, and I have to admit he can be pretty funny sometimes. But whenever I try clicking on a random video of his... I soon find myself clicking away. So in balance I'll say he's hit and miss.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
At the moment I'd say Cryaotic is my favorite - I really enjoy his commentary and humor. I've watched most of his playthroughs, and his weekly streams on twitch with friends ("Late Night with Cry and Russ" - I prefer watching the archives though, because they frequently go on for like 8+ hours straight :P).

I recently found Dodger (PressHeartToContinue)'s channel through Cry's too and I really like her personality and sense of humor, but she doesn't often play games that I want to watch.

And I used to watch a lot of Markiplier, but not so much now as his channel's gone kind of 'PewDiePie' lately (whom I have nothing against and used to watch as well), where he just plays a lot of flash games, and actual gaming series are kinda few and far between. Still, I really liked some of his older series and Drunk Minecraft still cracks me up.

Am I the only person who watches Sips?

I recall watching him play a bit of Don't Starve. He's funny, but I got a bit bored since he wasn't very good and didn't make much progress (well, I watched his really early playthroughs of it and noticed he's still playing the game, so he's probably gotten a lot better).

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
At the moment I'd say Cryaotic is my favorite - I really enjoy his commentary and humor. I've watched most of his playthroughs, and his weekly streams on twitch with friends ("Late Night with Cry and Russ" - I prefer watching the archives though, because they frequently go on for like 8+ hours straight :P).

I recently found Dodger (PressHeartToContinue)'s channel through Cry's too and I really like her personality and sense of humor, but she doesn't often play games that I want to watch.

And I used to watch a lot of Markiplier, but not so much now as his channel's gone kind of 'PewDiePie' lately (whom I have nothing against and used to watch as well), where he just plays a lot of flash games, and actual gaming series are kinda few and far between. Still, I really liked some of his older series and Drunk Minecraft still cracks me up.

I recall watching him play a bit of Don't Starve. He's funny, but I got a bit bored since he wasn't very good and didn't make much progress (well, I watched his really early playthroughs of it and noticed he's still playing the game, so he's probably gotten a lot better).
If you like Dodger, check her out on Polaris - a YouTube Channel - where she's a host of a show called "FriendZone." It's basically a podcast where they just chill and play video games with other YouTube stars like Markiplier, GameGrumps, TotalBiscuit, Mega64, ProJared, etc etc. I like watching it to say the least.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
If you like Dodger, check her out on Polaris - a YouTube Channel - where she's a host of a show called "FriendZone." It's basically a podcast where they just chill and play video games with other YouTube stars like Markiplier, GameGrumps, TotalBiscuit, Mega64, ProJared, etc etc. I like watching it to say the least.

tumblr_m8ohodQvlK1qkd9e7.png

Oh my god, and the animal suits lol

I can tell I'm gonna like this already, thanks. :P

AppleCode

AppleCode
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 28, 2024
Other than myself, who is my favorite LPer? Hmmm, I like watching MunchingOrange because he gives me inspiration to continue making my Pokemon Let's Plays. CinnamonToastKen is alright, but he's starting to get too mainstream like PewDiePie and Markiplier. Other than that I don't watch a whole lot of LPers anymore.

Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2017
well, i mostly watch pewdiepie. in my opinion, he's a pretty funny guy. sometimes i watch markiplier.

oh, i also started watching dashie recently and he's hilarious!

Dragon_Trainer_

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
I WORSHIP Achievement Hunters! They are all so cool! They are the best. I think they really appeal to me because I'm a huge fan of multiplayer gaming and their comments are super fun too!
I think Ray Narvaez Jr. is the best among them but I'm very sad to see Ray leave the primary AH team just because he's becoming a full time streamer on Twitch :(

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
I have been watching my two daily doses of raocow every day for the last 5 years or so, and I'm currently a patron for his channel. I also love Retsupurae, but sadly they don't offer (several) daily updates.

Back