• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The death of two Japanese Nationals and something bothering...

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
Years
  • My heart goes out to the families across the Pacific Ocean of both Kenji Goto and Haruna Yukawa. Two Japanese humanitarians whom would enter warzones and show the truth of what was happening to those on the ground. The people, men, women, children, all of them who were affected by what the group ISIS has been doing in the area.

Two mornings ago, Kenji Goto was publically executed on live stream via YouTube, while a week ago, Haruna Yukawa's headless corpse was shown via still image on YouTube. And interestingly enough, last Dec, a Jordan Combat Pilot was shot down and captured in ISIS territory with him being now most likely dead as well.

Personally, I found that this is both terrible and ashame. A waste of life, and what made it clear to me was the images and pictures that they shown. Multiple times, both US and Russian weapons, vehicles, and tanks (even planes) are being used. Some still with their factory paint on, and I ask myself. Why. How and why are these terrorist purchasing or obtaining 'new' vehicles, if they are a threat to world safety. Does that pop up some new questions on what is going on over there in the Middle East?

Other than that, it still hurts me to see people suffer, the families in Japan who are hurting. And personally, I think the government of Japan is still in shock at this violence and most likely, its not going to go unpunished.

Years
  • I completely agree they are ruthless monsters, who believe that other people are exposable, all to free a kamikaze bomber from jail... and acquire money in the process...they are the new Hitler, one could say, and honestly these terrorists will create World War III, in fact it is almost created... but say that Japan and the other contries did what those monsters wanted... what garantes that they would free them...

The suffering of the victims families must be horrible... to have them die in that way and have the whole world know it... by the gods those terrorists ARE monsters...

Wanna know what should happen, America and the other contries should unite to battle these monsters... screw differences caused in the past, and the present, these terrorists have weaponry and cruelty that legitematly are a threat to the public, alas governmants around the world still judge themselves because of each others differences, but we are all humans, and we care about each other, so why not for once get by these differences in order to save more lives?

Last edited:

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
    Years
  • I completely agree they are ruthless monsters, who believe that other people are exposable, all to free a kamikaze bomber from jail... and acquire money in the process...they are the new Hitler, one could say, and honestly these terrorists will create World War III, in fact it is almost created... but say that Japan and the other contries did what those monsters wanted... what garantes that they would free them...

The suffering of the victims families must be horrible... to have them die in that way and have the whole world know it... by the gods those terrorists ARE monsters...

Wanna know what should happen, America and the other contries should unite to battle these monsters... screw differences caused in the past, and the present, these terrorists have weaponry and cruelty that legitematly are a threat to the public, alas governmants around the world still judge themselves because of each others differences, but we are all humans, and we care about each other, so why not for once get by these differences in order to save more lives?

That is what I wish too, but the issue is and this is my personal thought is that ISIS is in a unique spot of the Middle East. The oil field region and they are getting fresh supplies daily from someone, so my mind thinks 'oh, they are made to guard that region' and freely kill anyone that doesn't heed to them. Its a terrible shame, but note this. That is just what I see it as sadly. They are monsters.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • I wasn't going to post this, but. . . I. . . actually there is absolutely nothing I could possibly say that would make me feel better about the situation, much less the families and friends of these journalists. I find that it's difficult to console someone who saw their husband or their son get executed on live television.

Spoiler:

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I wasn't going to post this, but. . . I. . . actually there is absolutely nothing I could possibly say that would make me feel better about the situation, much less the families and friends of these journalists. I find that it's difficult to console someone who saw their husband or their son get executed on live television.

Spoiler:

Disturbing responses such as these are the reason why I fear for the worldwide Muslim population more and more nowadays, as the actions of ISIS indirectly convince weak-minded people that blatant Islamophobia is the way to go.

The atrocities committed by ISIS have done nothing but put the safety and security of millions of Muslims into jeopardy, while strengthening the resolve of those they're fighting against in the first place.

Last edited:

CoffeeDrink

Years
  • The worldwide population of the Islamic faith have nothing to fear from me so long as I have nothing to expect from them. That is to say, don't blow stuff up and we're golden. The same could be said of any social group, so it really is null and void when said aloud and it sounds plain silly.

More accurately, the only people that have to mind themselves are the ones not minding themselves to begin with.

But don't misunderstand my distaste for the Middle East to spill over into the rest of the world, or even towards people themselves. I never said that they should all stand up and die. More accurately I deigned to fork over a massive amount of problems over to the Russians. They've claimed everyone is doing a terrible job, so I see fair that we give them a shot at it.

You might not remember this, but people hated the Russians for getting involved with the Middle East nearly 40 odd years ago. Turns out that even after helping the Middle East boot the Russians out they'd turn on those that helped them. What exactly do you do with a rabid dog, might I ask?

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Ah man ISIS, you guys do know that you're making us Muslims look bad. Even going out so far to execute on live television. My consolations to the families of the victims.

Honestly, at this point, I don't mind if anyone trash-talks Muslims anymore. There's too many incidents out there that has made us look like bad people in the eyes of many. But hey, things happened, thanks to the fear that slowly builds up since more than a decade ago.

If I have the option, I'd rather join in the fight against my fellow Muslim brethren, 'cause their actions are just unforgivable. We do not kill people on live television. Nobody does. It's sick and doesn't do anything remotely good to you.

Years
  • ISIS is a truly despicable organization.

Not long after this they also released images of Jordanian pilot being burned alive as well.

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    The worldwide population of the Islamic faith have nothing to fear from me so long as I have nothing to expect from them. That is to say, don't blow stuff up and we're golden. The same could be said of any social group, so it really is null and void when said aloud and it sounds plain silly.

The problem is though, they (meaning the Middle Eastern population) have a lot more to worry fear from people like you than you have to worry about splinter cell extremists. They're scary, but our collective fear is far more dangerous for the average Muslim than ISIS for is the average Westerner.

ISIS can kill a small group of people at their whim (I'm referencing terror acts committed outside the war zone), but we can do so much worse. I really don't think I need to elaborate on the civillian toll caused by Western nations under America as a result of 9/11.

ISIS and Muslim religious groups committing atrocities along the lines of what ISIS are doing are in the impossibly small minority of Muslim believers, yet millions upon millions of Westerners like yourself (I'm making an assumption about you here) use these acts to justify their hatred and distrust of a religion and its people. If it sounds like I'm putting words in your mouth, bear in mind that I'm working off a paragraph that wanted the Middle East to be turned to radioactive glass.

So you can say Muslims have nothing to fear from you if they 'don't blow stuff up', but ultimately, extremists like ISIS ensure that the Western wrath for their actions is very much a cause for fear indeed.

CoffeeDrink

Years
  • The problem is though, they (meaning the Middle Eastern population) have a lot more to worry fear from people like you than you have to worry about splinter cell extremists. They're scary, but our collective fear is far more dangerous for the average Muslim than ISIS for is the average Westerner.

Spoiler:

Back