• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Issue with catching Pok?mon that are new to the Pok?dex

Deoxysomega314

And Egg
Years
  • Issue with catching Pokémon that are new to the Pokédex

Well this is a strange problem. I was running a test of my game (which I haven't changed anything on in over a month, much less any scripts) and last time I ran through, everything went fine. But this time, when I tried to catch a Pokémon that hadn't been registered in the PokéDex, I get the following error.

Spoiler:

After this error, I can continue the game by hitting OK. But then, the encounter sort of continues? It doesn't let me nickname the Pokemon, which I didn't think twice about at first but then I realized that because of this error, the Pokemon isn't actually being caught.
    Catching Pokemon after they've been registered in the PokéDex has gone smooth with no issues.
    I don't know much about coding (I'm sort of learning as I go), so I was wondering if anyone else had this problem?

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    You're not using the latest version of Essentials. Infer the solution from this statement.

Back