• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mega Evolution Animation

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2016
    Hey guys!

So I've been looking all over the internet to find a way to insert an animation for mega Evolution into the game. I made a small animation using the existing animation for (Confuse Ray).

But in the end what I want to do is show the sprite of the Pokémon (non mega), than that little Confuse Ray animation, to finally show the sprite of the Mega Evolution.

If someone could explain to me what's the best way to do this, I would be very happy :)
    Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • As long as your Confuse Ray/Mega Evolution animation is named Common:MegaEvolution, and the mega evolution sprites are set up correctly, Essentials should do it all for you.

In the script PokeBattle_Battle, around line 1730 there's a line that displays the "X 's Xite is reacing to X's Mega Ring!", then there's a line which plays an animation called Common:MegaEvolution, then the code that switches your Pokémon into mega form, sprites and all. (This code doesn't need changing, I'm just pointing out its existence)

So you've just got to name your animation Common:MegaEvolution and it should play in the way you want it to.

Back