• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Legend- wait for it... [May 2016]

Which are your favourites?

• Total voters
Years
  • Welcome to Third Generation's new featured thread- the Poll of the Month! Seeing as this board's a bit slower than most on PokéCommunity, we'll be doing monthly polls rather than weekly ones, but the premise will be the same- pick any of the options from the poll above, and feel free to post about your choices. Also, if any of you have a question that you would like to see featured as the PotM, feel free to send me a VM with your idea(s), or leave it with your post in this thread. If your topic gets picked, you may even be awarded with a special emblem!

Now with all that said, this month's poll question is:

"Which Gen III legendary trio is your favorite?"

Each known legendary trio at the time were found in the Gen III games- the Weather and Titan trio in R/S/E, and the legendary beasts and birds in FR/LG. While great on their own, it means so much more when you're able to catch all three. So, let the voting begin, and may the best trio win!

...dary.

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2016
    Gotta be the Gen II dogs. Catching a roamer (without a Master Ball) made young me feel like a total Pokemon Master.

Years
  • I voted for the Regi trio, but only because Kyogre wasn't a part of the weather trio... May I ask why Jirachi replaced him?

Anyways, I like the stories and love the designs of each Regi! Although I really like the designs behind the legendary dogs too... {XD}

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
  • Very hard to choose, but I voted the weather trio for how epic of monsters they actually were to May/Brendan in RS/E. Impressive, powerful, and really...legendary :)

TheLegendaryGuy

The greatest Ash Ketchum fan!
    Years
  • Weather Trio is the best. Its the strongest of all. I don't have any evidence, but deep inside my heart, my innervoice says so.;-)

Years
  • Like the others, I mainly voted for Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza. I was more interested in their designs and I loved the concept and how they played in their generation's respective storyline.

kendypls

Currently playing: Expert Emerald (Casual)
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Feb 10, 2020
    Weather trio for me too, at least 2 of them pretty much always make it into my uber team :P

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
    Years
  • Weather trio all the way. Kyogre has been my favourite legendary out of the entire series (with the same going for my gf). Besides, I remember the first time I saw a picture of Rayquaza's sleek, black, shiny form, I was in awe.

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2021
    I chose the Regis because as a kid, figuring out what random things to do then finally finding Registeel was crazy. Then the sprite makes the weird Regi noise and the kicka** battle music comes on- classic.

ZangooseClaw

Pokemon Philosopher
    Years
  • I think I picked the mascots of the generation because they DON'T work well together, each keep to themselves and individually would be great partners; whereas the other trios become a true force when combined.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I always thought the Regi Trio were so cool. They were the first legendary Pokemon I went out of my way to catch.

Back