• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Naming theme

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Okay so this is made differently, as the name of the region isn't necessarily a hint to what the theme of the names of the towns/cities in the region are (and never was a case in the past), and is different to speculation of what type of towns/cities you want, given in some situations the name isn't actually hinting to what the town is based on.

Nevertheless, in Kanto, the cities and famous places were named after colours, in Johto it was plants and trees, while in Hoenn it was two words, Sinnoh was... something, and Unova was based on clouds/the sky (at least for the Western audience!) What type of theme would you like to see for names of well-known locations in the region, based on what you know? Or what do you think might be appropriate given what you've seen for the region?

Squidchan

The Lady Cthulhu
    Years
  • I haven't seen too much about it, but I've heard a rumour about a chance that 2 new types will be introduced, sound and light. So, keeping this in mind I would like to see a science like theme, with towns and cities named after waves and particles. There should be enough there to accomplish that.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I'd like the names to be based of different parts of a body system, assuming the concept is genetic. If it is indeed XYZ axis based, which personally I'm not buying, they could name the towns and cities on maths terms, like Radius City and Prime lake or something, that would be cool.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • Y'know, the names could be named after a bunch of themes.. at least the way I see it. Well, I like the idea of planets too; you know, the towns can be named... I dunno, Venus City, Mars town,etc. etc. You know what can be cool; if the towns were named after Months of the year~ Like, Januville Town, Marshall City, Aprilton Town, Maydale City, Junelane City, etc, etc.

There's also the chance that it can be named by the speculated themes, like from dimensions, mathematics, biology, western poetry, and so on.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
    Years
  • Hm... I'd actually like a theme that's based on constellations and stars, or it could even be about patterns? I know patterns were used for the towns and cities in the Unova region in the Japanese versions of Generation V.

But of course, they could always return back to using the "names of two objects" theme again, like they did in Hoenn and Sinnoh.

It would be interesting whichever theme it will be. But I think stars and constellations would be a good one for the new region in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • If the game is about genetics, it'd be nice to see the towns referencing great scientists in the genetics department, like Mendel (if they don't name the professor that, which I kinda hope they do). Or referencing French places, since the region seems to be based on France...or Europe, to be more broad. idk it's hard to tell at this point!

Years
  • I kinda think the names will be unconnected to any of the themes of the game, or at the very least it'll be a big stretch to connect them to the themes.

Maybe they could be named after geologic periods? There are enough of them. They're kind of science-y and get talked about in terms of evolution (which takes place over long periods of time) so there's still a tenuous connection to genetics.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I don't think the theme will deal with genetics for the city at least based on the themes of the town names and the regions overall theme.
    Stars and Planets could work. Or perhaps they could try Romantic terms seeing how Unova was sky/cloud and I usually think of SKYscrapers when I think of New york city. And when I think of Paris (and greater France) I think Romance, history, royalty so any of those three could work.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I don't think the theme will deal with genetics for the city at least based on the themes of the town names and the regions overall theme.
    Stars and Planets could work. Or perhaps they could try Romantic terms seeing how Unova was sky/cloud and I usually think of SKYscrapers when I think of New york city. And when I think of Paris (and greater France) I think Romance, history, royalty so any of those three could work.

I'd like if it's based upon Romance although the names would be a little... well, "Lovert Town", "Affectoree City" idk, just seems kind of... uhhh, weird? :x

I do like geological periods like Scarf mentioned, might make for interesting names really!

Back