• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
  • I remember in my first run through of Pokemon Diamond, I challenged the Elite 4 with only 5 pokemon: Turtwig, Pachirisu, Munchlax, and the two different versions of the Gastrodons. Probably one of the weirdest playthroughs ever for myself, but for 3 of those pokemon I just didn't want to evolve because I thought they were adorable. I digress - beating the Elite 4 was definitely a challenge with that team (I got my ass handed to me a few teams) but eventually I was able to beat it, which made it even the more satisfying to see preevolved pokemon be a huge part in my team's success.

Years
  • While you're at it, if you want to earn a point for yourself, post a small description of a team you've used to battle the Elite Four in one of your Pokemon games. The best ones will earn the points.

Most memorable E4 defeat for me was in Crystal where I used Shuckie the Shuckle and nothing else. It walled absolutely everything and Bide was my key to victory, even against Lance. Though I did have to train it to around lv. 70 for that to become possible.. still surprised my kid self had the patience though. I was, at most, 10 years old. Props. Too bad Silver couldn't get his hands on the thing. ;P

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • Let's take a step back. A step all the way back to a simpler time: 13 years ago, 1999. Enter seven year old Jake, just getting a Gameboy Pocket, and begging his mom to buy him Pokémon Red so he can play with the rest of his friends. Eventually she gives in, and so begins our story.

Young Jake didn't fully understand all of the nuances of Pokémon: type effectiveness, what attacks were good, or any sort of strategic planning. Of course, he was seven, so this was completely understandable. He just decided that his starter Pokémon, Bulbasaur, was the coolest thing ever, and from there he picked whatever he either came across first (like Pidgey), or whatever he thought looked cool (like Growlithe). After brute forcing his way through the game, and figuring out how to evolve things with a little experimentation, input from friends, and a lot of luck, Young Jake ended up with a team like this before the Elite Four.

3.PNG
    18.PNG
    59.PNG
    73.PNG
    97.PNG
    51.PNG

Dang those sprites have totally stood the test of time.

Of course, after struggling his way through Victory Road, and attempting to face the Elite Four, Young Jake was severely underlevelled compared to the trainers that he was up against. After consulting with some friends, Young Jake learned about something that could potentially help. What was it you ask?

Missingno_RB.png

This guy right here.

After hearing about the MissingNo. glitch and the way to get infinite Rare Candies (which, Young Jake didn't even know what they did to begin with), Young Jake went and spoke with the Old Man to learn how to catch a Weedle. After learning a lesson he clearly already knew, he flew to Cinnabar Island and Surfed on the right coast until he encountered MissingNo. After defeating it, he looked into his bag and saw he had infinite...Pokeballs. No one decided to tell him it was the seventh move slot in your bag.

After consulting with friends the next day, he re-attempted the glitch, and had his infinite Rare Candies. Awesome, now he can just level-up to around equal levels to have a fulfilling series of battles to achieve the title of Pokémon League Champion. Of course, he was seven, so do we think he did that?

...and that's the story of how I Rare Candy'd my team to Level 100 and swept the Elite Four. Definitely is the most memorable for me, just because it was the first!

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • In X I used a Malamar that unintentionally swept the whole Elite Four and Champion because of Contrary + Superpower. I only used it because squids are cool >_>

I had other Pokémon too, like Noivern, Greninja, Trevenant, Carbink, and Clawitzer, but they all kicked it in the backseat because Malamar.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • For my Pokemon White. This is the team I used to become the real Champion when defeating Alder. Samurott, Lilligant, Victini, Archeops, Haxorus, and Bisharp. This is one of my favourite teams I've ever used in a run. It covers the Fire-Grass-Water synergy, and each one of my Pokemon do not share a single type. I was also really fond of the nicknames they all had too. Loved every member of this team, that I actually gave them all a chance when fighting Alder, each one of them took down at least one of Alder's Pokemon.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
  • Pokemon White, Nuzlocke, team was Serperior, Krookodile, Stoutland, Musharna, Galvantula and Carracosta. I hope it's dope enough for ya, matey!

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • My E4 memorable moment was in Platinum with:

Giratina
    Torterra
    Garchomp
    Gastrodoon
    Froslass
    Staraptor

Yep. Beating the E4 was easy, but got complicated with Cynthia. Nearly all my team got killed with Ice Beam, and it took over 30 minutes to come up with a strategy.

I used Giratina's Thunder to paralyze her pokemon and then used a Shadow Force to take care of her pokemon.

Years
  • On Y, I used...
    Link, my Lucario, and he swept Drasna's whole team OHKOing them all with Dragon Pulse.
    Lavi, my Braixen, completely destroyed Wikstrom because of his sheer awesomeness.
    Staravia nearly wiped out Siebold, but then she got Critical Aura Sphered... So I sent in Lavi again, and he killed it with a Psybeam.
    Malva was easy because of Zeko the Lapras. Surf/Hydro Pump killed everything.

Diantha was the harder one. Lavi killed her Gourgeist, Staravia knocked out Hawlucha, Link OHKO'd her Tyrantrum, then 2HKO'd her Goodra. Zeko got her Aurorus, and Blaziken didn't even have to Mega Evolve to take out her Mega-Gardevoir, he just Blaze Kicked it once and it died! :D

It was pretty easy, because Lavi was at level 85, Ava was level 80, Link was level 78, Zeko was level 82, Staravia was level 84, and Blaziken was level 90.

O_O I just realized how insane I was about grinding...

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • In Pokémon X, the team I first beat the Elite Four with contained my

Delphox, named Delta
    Talonflame, named Grayson (you know, like Batman. Dick Grayson, the first Robin? yeah)
    Charizard, named Cole
    Pyroar, named Kiala
    Pangoro, named Ichiro
    Tyrantrum, named Generex (named for Generator Rex, a show I never actually watched)​

I didn't actually mean it when making the team, but it turned out to be mostly Fire-types. But it worked rather well for me. Fire- and Normal-types seem to be my thing. Of course, the only person to give me any trouble was Siebold. He was a lot more difficult than Diantha, in my opinion.

Renegade

Time for real life...
    Years
  • Regarding the elite four team~

Platinum Version:

- Torterra
    - Infernape
    - Empoleon
    - Staraptor
    - Alakazam
    - Gengar

I was going for a team with all the starters (just for fun) and some of the most common Pokemon other than the starters. In the end, we crushed every challenge that was thrown our way~

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Black - Alice
    503.png
    547.png
    560.png

BlueHawaii - Arcelia - Hayride
    596.png
    612.png
    625.png

GoldnDream - RedPoint - Sazerac​

They're mostly nicknamed after cocktail beverages that best suit the Pokemon's features. BlueHawaii is a water type, Hayride reminded me of punks taking a car for a joyride, GoldnDream is a brilliant yellow, RedPoint fits because its dual bladed tusks are lined with red, and Sazerac is a sharp sounding word. I don't drink alcohol, I'm actually quite against it, but I did think it would be an interesting theme to move forward with in a new generation.
    I ran into my shiny Cottonee about 4 hours after buying Black at the midnight launch event. She was the first encounter I had in Pinwheel Forest, and the reason I bought Black was to catch a Cottonee. You likely can't imagine just how shaky I was over finding a shiny one very late at night. She is named Arcelia because it can mean treasure or altar of heaven.
    This team is special to me out of various in-game teams during these past 15 years because of the mentioned reasons. I first beat the Elite Four with this team on March 10th, 2011, or in 4 days.​

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • The winner of the challenge is irrelevant; however, as a result of certain players' sneaky behavior, elheroeoscuro, srinator and Bidoof are to be eliminated when Challenge 4 begins so no voting elimination will need to take place.

Forever, Sean, Troye, Ultraviolence, and Lilith earned a point each.

Team Ludicolo roles-
    Spoiler:

Team Spheal roles-
    Spoiler:

On Team Ludicolo, the Bisharps were randomly poisoned but as Bisharp is a Steel-type, it is immune to poison. On Team Spheal, the Milotic were randomly poisoned. They are to die after the next challenge.

Take this time to reflect and read the Confessionals thread, and maybe write up a confessional. If the members who were just eliminated by their team mates would like to write up their thoughts about the elimination, this would be an excellent opportunity!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back