• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First OU Team

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2015
    This is the first OU team I made so feel free to give constructive criticism. I tried not to use the super over-used things like lando-T, Charizard-Y, and Sylveon, so don't feel bad if I decide not to add one of those into my team.

Blastoise-Mega @ Blastoisinite
    Ability: Mega Launcher
    EVs: 132 HP / 252 SpA / 124 Spe
    Modest Nature
    - Water Pulse
    - Aura Sphere
    - Dark Pulse
    - Ice Beam

Very powerful with a lot of coverage. I may switch this out with mega medicham because of the lack of physical pokemon on this team but this works really well. It can survive 1-3 hits and dish back a lot of damage.

Rotom-Heat @ Leftovers
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP / 124 SpA / 132 Spe
    Modest Nature
    - Overheat
    - Thunderbolt
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Protect

Since I have a lot of water types in my team, I used rotom as my protection. It can survive hits from bisharp and mega-Mawile, which would cause a lot of trouble to this team, and OHKO with overheat.

Carracosta @ Weakness Policy
    Ability: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Shell Smash
    - Aqua Jet
    - Rock Slide
    - Waterfall

Setup sweeper. It uses shell smash the first turn, and if the opponent attacks with a super effective hit, sturdy protects me and weakness policy is activated. With +4, aqua jet kills a lot of things at neutral and speed is +2 so I can outspeed a decent amount of things.

Starmie @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Hydro Pump
    - Ice Beam
    - Psyshock
    - Trick

My clean up crew. This along with Venusaur is fast and furious. It has a lot of coverage and can dish out a lot of damage. It outspeeds and OHKOs Lando T and is a counter to dragon flying or dragon ground.

Venusaur @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Overgrow
    EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Energy Ball
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Giga Drain

Same as Starmie.

Sableye @ Leftovers
    Ability: Prankster
    EVs: 252 HP / 12 Def / 244 SpD
    Bold Nature
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Recover
    - Calm Mind
    - Dark Pulse

I use a Sableye set similar to the Mega Sableye, but Sableye gets priority and leftovers while M Sableye get bulk. I think this one is better because you can automatically get a will-o-wisp or a calm mind in before the opponent attacks, while the M Sableye has to tank one move before setting up.

So far, this team has not lost(maybe because I only played 5 rounds or am low ranked in Showdown) so I don't know what will kill this team. This team has mostly special attackers and I get walled by blissey's or Chanseys, but a trick from Starmie or Carracosta normally deals with them. If there is anything I missed, please tell me and I will try to make this team better.

Replays where my opponent didn't forfeit

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-232284946
    http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-232291573

I'll put more later

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Even though Starmie is a better Rapid Spinner than Blastoise, Blastoise still has its niches as a bulky Rapid Spinner. What does 124 Speed EVs let it outspeed? I'd put Medicham back on the team if I were you for more physical attackers, but I think Mega Gallade is better because it's faster and has a way to hit Psychic Pokemon reliably. If you do that, make Starmie the Rapid Spinner of the team:
    -Swords Dance
    -Zen Headbutt
    -Close Combat
    -Knock Off
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
    Item: Galladite

But if you want to use Medicham again, here are the sets:
    -High Jump Kick/Drain Punch
    -Zen Headbutt
    -Ice Punch/Baton Pass
    -Substitute
    Nature: Adamant/Jolly
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
    Item: Medichamite
    Ability: Pure Power

or
    -High Jump Kick
    -Zen Headbutt
    -Ice Punch/Bullet Punch
    -Fake Out
    Nature: Adamant/Jolly
    Item: Medichamite
    Ability: Pure Power

IMO, Entei is a better fit than Heat Rotom, as not only is it another physical Fire Pokemon you can use, but it also has Sacred Fire to spread burns:
    -Sacred Fire
    -Extreme Speed
    -Stone Edge
    -Bulldoze
    Nature: Adamant
    Item: Choice Band/Life Orb

Rhyperior is a better Solid Rock abuser than Carracosta because of its better physical bulk. It can also act as the team's hazard setter:
    -Stealth Rock
    -Earthquake
    -Stone Edge/Rock Blast
    -Ice Punch/Toxic
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 212 HP/44 Atk/252 Def
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Solid Rock

Scarf Starmie is rather terrible because it's already very fast. Even though Serperior is a bit slower than it, it's still pretty fast and can serve as part of a Fire/Water/Grass core in the team by taking Water attacks meant for your Fire Pokemon as an example:
    -Leaf Storm
    -Dragon Pulse
    -Hidden Power (Fire)
    -Giga Drain/Taunt/Substitute
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 252 SAtk/4 SDef/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb/Leftovers
    Ability: Contrary

Venusaur's offensive movepool is very bad, making Choice Scarf a not so useful option on it. As I already mentioned, Serperior is a speedy Grass Pokemon to turn to. IMO, having one Choice Scarfer is enough.

As I already mentioned above, if you made Gallade or Medicham the Mega, make Starmie your Rapid Spinner:
    -Hydro Pump
    -Psyshock/Thunderbolt
    -Ice Beam
    -Rapid Spin
    EVs: 252 SAtk/4 SDef/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb
    Ability: Natural Cure/Analytic

or
    -Scald
    -Psyshock/Reflect Type
    -Rapid Spin
    -Recover
    EVs: 248 HP/32 Def/4 SAtk/224 Spe
    Ability: Natural Cure

Mega Sableye is better at pulling off mono-Calm Mind sets than its regular counterpart because of its significantly increased bulk and Magic Bounce ability to reflect back status moves. Clefable is one of the better Calm Minders to turn to because it's bulkier and mono-Fairy has a good set of resistances:
    -Calm Mind
    -Moonblast
    -Flamethrower/Thunder Wave
    -Soft-Boiled/Moonlight
    Nature: Calm
    EVs: 252 HP/172 Def/84 SDef
    Ability: Magic Guard

or
    -Calm Mind
    -Moonblast
    -Moonlight/Wish