• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Film The Revenant

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    In the 1820s, a frontiersman named Hugh Glass sets out on a path of vengeance against those who left him for dead after a bear mauling
    Source

The Revenant premiers January 8th. and stars both Leonardo DiCaprio and Tom Hardy. Both spectacular actors imo, I'm really looking forward to seeing this. I go back to school a few days later and will probably wait until then to see it with friends. The movie already has an 8.6 on IMDB which only makes me more excited!

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • I AM SO EXCITED FOR THIS. it's also directed by Alejandro Innaritu, who also directed Birdman, which won best picture last year and was a wonderful film. PLUS, most of the criticisms of it (which, from what I've read, haven't been many) are mostly saying that it doesn't have much of a concrete plot, which is monumentally interesting to me. I can't wait. I'll see it opening weekend.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Finally getting to see this tomorrow for half off college night. Was supposed to see it last week but some people were out watching the Grizzlies play. Anyone else seen it yet, I'm excited. :3

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • ugh I was supposed to see it Saturday night but the dumb people in the theatre wouldn't let my friends and I in because one of us is 16. and the shittiest part was I bought them online and they couldn't be refunded. I made a minor scene. it was a debacle. hopefully I can actually see it sometime this week.

Years
  • I saw it and it was phenomenal, the shooting done in all natural light and with minimal editing made it feel hyper-realistic, which i think helps the overall narrative that Leo's out in the real wilderness and is totally fucked, haha. Hardy was fantastic, I noticed again in The Revenant that what makes him a great actor is his nonverbal acting; his eye movements, body language, etc., are subtle little things he does that makes his characters (Fitzgerald from this movie, Bane, Eames from Inception, etc.) really pop. And Leo deserves this oscar pretty much just for the beating Innaritu made him endure while making this movie, haha.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    ^ Cool. I'm thinking I'll see it before the Academy Awards. If I do, I'll come share my thoughts with you all.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Saw this movie tonight.

My god was it intense. The movie is about 2 and a half hours long and there was so much going on in it the entire time that I felt like I was only in there for an hour. The nature shots were incredible, and like Lance said there didn't even seem like there was much editing involved which was great as well. Both Leo and Tom Hardy did an amazing job; without giving spoilers away you'll love one and hate the other. Such a gruesome movie, there was an older couple sitting a row in front of us who had to leave because it was just too much for them. Damn my adrenaline is pumping after that movie!

If you love gritty, action movies then I say watch. If you can't handle a lot of gore then definitely don't watch. One of our friends who is a girl tagged along and she definitely did not appreciate it haha

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I jsut saw it last night, it's amazing!!! It's a contender for Best Picture for SURE.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • saw it last night too -- it was incredible. the bear mauling scene is the most horrifying thing I've ever seen in a film. I was praying for it to end and this shit never affects me. all the nature shots were gorgeous and a lot of it gave me a Tree of Life feel, which makes sense because Lubezki was the cinematographer for both. the dream sequences were a bit much; the mysticism was kind of forced in the second half, but that's the only complaint I can level at it. DiCaprio was wild but I don't see him winning best actor because I'm not sure the academy's gonna go for a performance where the guy doesn't have a single line of dialogue in the middle third of the film, even though he definitely deserves it for what he says without saying anything. also I couldn't understand 50% of Tom Hardy's dialogue. love it. great film.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I ended up liking it a whole lot more than I expected to. I felt weird describing it my family as a "beautiful film with almost 3 straight hours of graphic violence", but it was! I was really impressed with both Leo and Tom Hardy, I thought they both did a fantastic job with acting. It ran a little long for my taste, but it was worth it. It's one of those movies where I was okay with the idea of only seeing it once, but now that its been a couple of days, and after explaining it to people, I really want to see it again.

I also missed the bear scene because I went to the bathroom :| so at least I have something new to look forward to for the second viewing.

Back