• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which Genres of Games are you Best at?

Whoomay

Hand me a bottle of Rum mate!
Years
  • I never have been a good gamer and I never will. I probably suck at fast paced games like shooters and so on. But I like casual rpg and platformers and I think that I am at least somewhat okay at those kinds of games.

Years
  • Mainly RPGs, considering that's the genre I tend to lean towards when purchasing games for my collection. The whole process of grinding characters way beyond what is necessary practically becomes essential whenever I play them. Second would probably be racing considering they employ the same kind of mechanics, just with unique touches from game-to-game.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • I'm good with RPGs, side scrollers and even strategy games, but my real strength lies in platforming. Platformers were the games I grew up with before I ever got into Pokemon, and they're one of my favorite genres. I'm good with action adventure games too though.

I'm not a big fan of FPS games though. I just have no experience at all with those, and they're not my cup of tea at all. It's weird cause I'm alright with space shooters and even bullet hell games even though I'm not all that good at them, but I'm just no good with FPS games.

Night Watcher

Hotdog MAn
    Years
  • I'm the best at Hack and Slash and Beat em up games. I think my first game was actually a fighting game. DOA3 to be specific. I love DOA, Blazblue, Elsword, Dynasty warriors, and Ninja Gaiden, since they fit that genre of hack and slash and beat em up and because I play like a pro on these games.

Lord Scalgon

I'm just here so I won't get fined.
    Years
  • RTS's and shmups for the most part...mainly due to my realistic prestigious achievements.

Even though I had the invitations to partake in a pro-gaming team, I turned down every offer due to my own reasons.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • RTS's and shmups for the most part...mainly due to my realistic prestigious achievements.

Even though I had the invitations to partake in a pro-gaming team, I turned down every offer due to my own reasons.

Would you ever go play pro? Sounds like you've got mad skills.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • Hm I think Im rather decent in RPG and Turn Based games the most. I'm also not half-bad in Simulation games as well.

But I def suck at 2D fighting games(Tekken, SF, etc...) And racing games too! Seems I can never get the turns right >.<

Sefuree

Canada Goose
    Years
  • I'm good at shooters(Mainly Call Of Duty) And Platformers(Spelunky, Super Meat Boy And Rogue Legacy)

Lord Scalgon

I'm just here so I won't get fined.
    Years
  • Would you ever go play pro? Sounds like you've got mad skills.

Realistically speaking, I'd have to factor in real life as well. If I was still in high school, then I most likely would, but since I have to focus on a career life, that path, for the most part...is thrown out.

Funny thing is, there are pro-gamers that I actually shared bad blood with. Deezer being one of them, for example (f that guy).

Years
  • Ah that would be racing games, Need For Speed series mostly. I mastered manual transmission to the point I can use it in every race game. Also Hack and Slash game like Diablo II is (or was, since I stopped playing it) my speciality, where you have to be quick at PvE.

Years
  • I'm pretty decent at racing games, but my real forte are sports games. Not only have all the Platinum trophies on my PS3 come from a variety of sports games, but I was heavily into competitive play in the NHL series back around high school. At one point on NHL 10, I was in the top 75 in Canada, and I logged well over 1000 online games the year after on NHL 11. And then last August, after having not playing NHL online for 2+ years, I managed to beat someone in the top 1000 in the world in my first game back, ending their 18 game win streak.

I know a lot of people aren't big on sports games, but especially when you get into the competitive side of things, they're a lot tougher than you think.

Years
  • Other than RPGs and Action Adventure games, I suck at the rest. Though I seem to be okay at particular platformers; mainly Super Mario Bros 3, Super Mario 64 and the classic Spyro trilogy.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • RPGs. I love them and I breathe them.

I'm bad at puzzles and I take way too long to get through platformers because of my sucky coordination.

Years
  • It really depends on the series for me. I am great at pokemon, but a little past meh when it comes to most rpgs. I am great at sonic, but other adventures games I am alright in.

TY

RTS games definetly and recently Looter Shooters can be added to that list aswell. Been doing really well in Destiny's PvP arena xP

Back