• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Can anyone help expand my website?

The Void

hiiiii
Years
  • I haven't been updating it for more than a year now... and it so far had only a few views (you know, my mom, etc.)

It's a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Website I made with fun stuff and everything... but no one seems to be viewing it anyway so I gave up.

Can anyone PLEASE help me? Please? Any advice?

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • Well, the only advice I would give is:
    ~ To have an eye-catching site, nothing too flashy. Flashy stuff can sometimes make it hard for some to navigate on their browsers and even a nice, simple layout can get somewhere :P

~ Have you tried making pages or information of some sort based on your websites topic?

~ Advertising your website? maybe, try submitting the link of your website on Google or another search engine.

~ And finally, a short website address. Not too short, but a long URL that can be easy to remember.

But, I think you could work on adding content related to your Websites' subject. That's mainly an important thing to do and try to update your website regularly.

AtomicoExploda

I don't know.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2013
    When trying to build up a community/website, this can be the hardest thing (traffic). The most important thing for this is the name, it needs to be something that would be regularly searched for, for example, "PokeCommunity". It's a simple name and many people will most likely search for a pokemon community or forums, this having most relevance will come up at the top. It's also important that the name is unique because there are already many pokemon fansites out there which would make it very difficult for a smaller one to gain popularity. Another thing is the domain name, such as ".com", ".net" and ".org", these are the most common ones and are usually the best to use as they are short.

If you can accomplish this, then people should be joining at a better rate. When discussion happens and more threads are posted, that will get the website more tags thus making it easier to find when searched for.

Of course a good looking website will always be important. This will effectively keep users looking around and think the website has potential.

stella

Love. Honor. Truth.
    Years
  • Based on your link, I would say to learn HTML. You're using a Webs template and most people frown upon that. If you learn HTML you can make your own layout that is memorable, even if it is simple.

I'd also recommend making content on something no one has done before. It'll give people reason to visit your site over someone else's. You can also try affiliating with other sites, but a lot of them require to either use a free layout, one you made yourself, or something that isn't a Webs template. You can also advertise your site in your signature at forums you're at and stuff. You also have to keep your site up to date.

I'm not quite sure about the search engine thing. Dx

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
  • Yeah, I think the best thing to do right now is to learn some web coding, and make your own layout. The default webs ones are nicer than they used to be... but still rather boring and generic.

Make your site POP OUT. That's what's gonna get people to come back.

And by POP OUT, I mean the good pop. Not the bright orange/yellow bad pop.

Back