• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon StarterKit XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

GliscorFan08

Champion Of Kanto
Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 26, 2019
    Just updated Starter Kit to the newest version and:

"Unable to find data/configuration/pokemon.txt" when i initialize Game

Help?

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2011
    try to click update tools if thats not there exit out of it then click update agian it should be there

Invokez

Formerly Known as SytheXP
    Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2011
    Epic... Simply epic... Can't wait to see how this comes along. I will be trying to use it (Hopefully I can) not a big fan of the dual screen but I do love everything else about it thus far. You are really about to put fan game making on the next level with this. Keep up the excellent work man :)

Invokez

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2011
    Sounds good especially if you put the animated sprites together for us :P 11 frames and I can't figure out how to do it.... Lol, can't be to complex I'm trying though. Found a site with em on it think it was spriters resource. :)

Years
  • Code:
    ================================================
     * Version 1.3
     * Work Started 18th February 2011
    ================================================

Notes:

- Lots of stuff!

Changes:

- Fixed Pokemon Type display bug.
     - Skip straight to LoadScreen when debugging.
     - Fixed errors with Pokemon with an ID of over 20.
     - Added Pokemon 20-30.
     - Added half of the moves beginning with 'A'.
     - Removed Unecessary Default Scripts.
     - Added the Scene_Base superclass and rescripted all scenes to match the new format.
     - Changing options does nothing until i write a message system.
    You're Welcome :3

Invokez

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2011
    just updated when i read this. Nice additions can't wait for it to be complete.

godo156

All Hail the Glow Cloud
    Years
  • Sorry to try to add a unnessicary piece to your "puzzle", but will the pokemon following char. script work on this eventually? (and I know it's not exactly gen 5ish, but it's still nice). Because when I tried to add it my self, including the sprites, it blurted errors at me.
    Also, when I swas playing the game, I couldn't move, and holding in ctrl doesn't work...

Last edited:

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
    Years
  • Sorry to try to add a unnessicary piece to your "puzzle", but will the pokemon following char. script work on this eventually? (and I know it's not exactly gen 5ish, but it's still nice). Because when I tried to add it my self, including the sprites, it blurted errors at me.
    Also, when I swas playing the game, I couldn't move, and holding in ctrl doesn't work...

Haha, not point trying to put following character script into something that isn't essentials XD. But that feature would seem more like a the owner has to code it them self thing.

Years
  • Hi, there was a few issues that I had with the kit, but I can't really tell if the issue lies with the kit itself or with a mistake I've made, so I'm hoping someone might have an idea on how to fix them.

Anyway, firstly, NeoMode 7 causes weird issues with movement permissions (passage), or just weird issues in general, wherein the tiles will be displayed around two tiles to the right of the where I placed them on the map editor. I've appended [NM7][#5][A][F] to all the maps which use NM7 and they all have the same issue.

The other issue I've come across is wierd in itself. I was working on mapping (and some events) and when I ran the game in the debugger, text wasn't displaying anywhere; not at the pre-game menu nor in in-game textboxes. The boxes would appear, however.

If it helps, I'm using the latest version of this kit (version 1.3, at the time of this writing).

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
    Years
  • Why isn't there a PokemonDataEditor.exe for Essentials? That would be so useful, especially since I'm trying to re-balance the entire Pokedex. I remember designing a program to do it once, but well, I can't code...

Regardless, your updater seems a little bugged. It wont let me update from 1.2_3, and it doesn't seem to be downloading graphical assets either.

Years
  • I've made a decision.
    To make the stable release come quicker, i'm making this a Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver kit, mainly because all the resources are there already, and i don't have to spend half my life ripping and editing them.

Of course there will still be Black/White features like animating pokemon etc.

Also, there will be no more Premium StarterKit, just extra features.
    For the people who have already paid for the Premium version, you will receive a few extra features that no-one else will get. More information on those later.

I hope this is good news, if not, i'm doing it anyway :3

@IceGod64, Heh, yeah it is pretty useful :3

Also, i'll be fixing up the updater ready for the re-release of the kit.

@Rakyu, re-coding in progress :)

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
    Years
  • I've made a decision.
    To make the stable release come quicker, i'm making this a Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver kit, mainly because all the resources are there already, and i don't have to spend half my life ripping and editing them.
    You know, that makes me happy. I like HG/SS's interface a lot better in some ways (Partially how it's entirely function with BOTH the buttons and touch screen). Black and White's interface is just more monochrome and technical (Better looking IMO)

Years
  • Me too, the Black/White interfaces are too digital to seem like a Pokemon game, more Digimon.

Well i'm on a scripting break at the moment, so when i get back, i'll be coding full force again :3

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
    Years
  • Me too, the Black/White interfaces are too digital to seem like a Pokemon game, more Digimon.

Well i'm on a scripting break at the moment, so when i get back, i'll be coding full force again :3
    Hahah, actually I said I liked B/W's visual style more. I just like that HG/SS's is a bit more flexible.

Years
  • Spoiler:

Just a little something i whipped up.
    And yes, following Pokemon :3

Yeah, i actually couldn't keep away from scripting :L
    Well here's what i did while i supposed to be doing other stuff.

Loading Screen

Spoiler:

Menu Screen

Spoiler:

Selection Screen

Spoiler:

Battle WIP

Spoiler:

So yeah, uhm, wasn't really a break :3

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.