• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The Kalos Pokédex

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • I didn't like it how it was split into three. I would've preferred that it'll be one single Kalos dex like in past games with shortcuts representing the three sections so it'll be easy to move around still.

AmyTheOddball

Aspiring Author
    Years
  • I haven't played Black/White so my knowledge of Unova Pokemon wasn't that great. So while playing Pokemon X I was swarmed with about 200 Pokemon I hadn't even seen in game before. I enjoyed the mix up of Pokemon from different gens in there :3

Years
  • The Kalos pokédex is one of my favourite features of these games :) Even though there were less new Pokémon than normal, I liked it cause the quality of them outweighed the small quantity that there were. I also loved the ones they included from previous generations, whereas that hasn't always been the case in previous games. Finally, with having such a vast amount of critters, it means that I can play the game an infinite amount of times and always have a new team which can create a whole new experience :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    This was one of the reasons I ended up really enjoying Pokemon X & Y. This game was probably the most diverse in terms of Pokemon; with the additions of hordes of Pokemon. Not only did this make it easier to find a shiny, it also made it easier to find rare Pokemon imo. After the E4, I went on a catching spree because I realized so many Pokemon were now available and that there was not much else to do. I'm glad that Gamefreak incorporated a wider range of Pokemon to be available, I think it will be like this in OR/AS as well already seeing mega evolutions of non-Generation 3 Pokemon like Audino and Slowbro.

Years
  • I have mixed feelings about the number of Gen. VI Pokemon. On one hand, I feel it's too few and that there should've been more--even 100 or so would've been good. On the other hand, I believe the reason why there are so few is that there are also Megas, which are also new even though they don't have a unique assigned number in the Pokedex. Part of me also wants to say GF went for a "quality over quantity" approach, where they tried to make the new Pokemon unique rather than have a bunch that were nothing too special. I'm also of the mindset that the next installment will introduce more new Pokemon (not just Megas) to compensate, but it's just baseless speculation right now.

As for Pokedex size, as someone who isn't interested in completing the Pokedex, I was all right with it. I liked that I had a variety of Pokemon to choose from (though I mostly stuck with using the new ones), and it was interesting seeing what Pokemon were in the games.

Back