• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Old-Time Games

Years
  • I have Red on my phone and I play it whenever I'm bored somewhere, usually waiting while the lady tries on clothes or when I have down time at work. I decided to play through it differently, skipping Surge and going right to Lavender Town. I don't have any problem with the graphics, speed, or glitches. I love it just as much as I did back in the day. I also started Platinum over a few days ago. I start it over every few years because it's still the most fun/challenging game IMO, and it's the only game where I get genuinely lost at times, which I love! I'll probably start SoulSilver over once I beat Red, but that'll be a long time from now.

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    Just the other day I started up my red version (which I restarted a few years ago) and played through it a little.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    So I had a change of heart recently. I ended up enjoying the older games that I fell in love with. I've been playing through Sapphire, FireRed, LeafGreen, and Diamond again. I also caught some legendaries that I missed in Platinum and HeartGold.

Years
  • I usually play older games (Red, Blue, Silver, Emerald, etc.) for challenges, especially when I'm bored. They just seem to go by faster and that makes me want to go through them more often.

pkmin3033

I buy both copies of the games for precisely that reason. Well, I play one and my mother plays the other, but she tends to transfer everything she wants to keep to her current game and then abandon the old ones, leaving me free to replay them if I want to. There are some versions I won't replay, as I use them as storage games - Diamond for Gen IV, Black for Gen V, and probably Y now for Gen VI - but everything else is fair game. Earlier gens I just transfer stuff over to newer games if I want to restart them...using link cables and digging up my old GBAs is waaaay too much hassle.

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2016
    I ONLY play the older games. On emulators. I sometimes play Emerald on my GBA SP, but I try to avoid it, since I can't resist the battle tower and rage out completely when I get haxxed out. I'm a very nostalgic person, and I don't like today's "plastic" graphics. You know.. that "blurred" kind of look. I want crystal-sharp edges, almost hand-drawn looking. And that's a main reason I love older games, because they are 2D, not 3D, so everything is drawn, not animated.

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2021
    The newest game I've played is White, and this is mainly because all my favourite Pokemans are on there.
    I'm playing through Pokémon Stadium on my PC at the moment for YouTube, and I play the 1st and 3rd Gens on my phone. Platinum and SoulSilver were always my favourite though.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I enjoy going back to older games, and try to continue to play them fairly regularly. Most of my gen I and II playing is for challenges (especially since I lost all of my original gen II files to dying batteries), and gen III is a mix. Gens IV and V, I typically just continue my files where I left them, since I haven't done everything there is to do on them yet (with the exception of Diamond, since I don't really like breeding there anymore and I don't have much else to do).

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I replay Emerald the most outside of current gen games. I would like to replay Gen IV but they are such slow games that it just becomes laborious. Gen V games were easily the worst in the series and I have no motivation to play them. Even Emerald is losing it's lustre expect for the battle frontier with OR/AS being a thing.

TheBringerOfLife

TheReviver
    Years
  • I collect and play every single Pokemon game that is in existence. Gen III happens to be my favourite and so I do run challenges on it and play that one the most.

Back