• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Taking screenshots of a whole map

Savordez

It's time to end fangames.
Years
  • Switch to any layer and turn off the layer dim (View -> Dim Other Layers), then take a picture. There is also an application for this, but it doesn't seem to support autotiles.

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2023
    I'll explain: this screenshot of the whole map, I want to get the game while on the emulator not on RPGXP!!!! I hope I explained it better XD

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    There might be another way; make a screenshot in-game, after using a script to zoom out. You could possibly change the game's resolution to your screen's resolution to get the highest detail.

I'm very much interested in such a script, though after some fiddling around with the SpriteResizer I was unable to make a properly working function for it. I do believe it's possible to do. The script would also be useful for zooming the map during gameplay, as seen in B/W/B2/W2 (when walking under the bridges, etc.), and could be used for dramatic effect during cut-scenes.

There might be another way; make a screenshot in-game, after using a script to zoom out. You could possibly change the game's resolution to your screen's resolution to get the highest detail.

I'm very much interested in such a script, though after some fiddling around with the SpriteResizer I was unable to make a properly working function for it. I do believe it's possible to do. The script would also be useful for zooming the map during gameplay, as seen in B/W/B2/W2 (when walking under the bridges, etc.), and could be used for dramatic effect during cut-scenes.

EDIT:
    After some further testing I've found how to do what you want, yet there are some problems with it:
    - NEVER do this during gameplay, only change these settings to make the screenshots and then change them back afterwards as it messes up a lot of stuff.
    - Be aware that changing these settings to extreme values drastically increases loading times and can cause scripts to hang.
    - Back-up your save files before doing this as the auto save function on a script taking to long causes the save file to become useless.
    - Autotiles don't show up half of the time, I suggest you wait for them to be visible when you make the screenshot. (They don't show up at all when the "script takes to long" message appears)

Now you are aware of those things; here's what you can do to get a view of an entire map from within the game (this shows the map, auto-tiles, all events, and adjacent maps):
    - In the script "Resolution_" there are two constants in the first few lines; "TILEWIDTH = 32" and "TILEHEIGHT = 32". You can change these to a lower number to zoom out; 16 = 1:2 zoom in the editor, and 8 = 1:4 zoom (I recommend not using values lower than 4).
    - As mentioned before; you can change the game screen's size in "Settings"; find "DEFAULTSCREENWIDTH" and "DEFAULTSCREENHEIGHT" (Using values higher than your monitor's resolution is useless).
    - Bonus note: with a tilewidth/height of 2, and a resolution higher than 1000x1000 it's possible to view a full 500x500 map, yet when doing so the game immediately promps the script taking to long message.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2023
    ok thanks but, an example, if i want to do a screenshot of the PWT in Pokémon Black 2, how do I use this procedure? ^^

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • First of, there is no such thing as an "emulator" for RMXP. If you're asking about things pertaining to ROM hacking, you're in the wrong section buddy.

Back