• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate/ adjust my final team!

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2014
    Umbreon (leftovers)
    nature: Docile
    Evs: HP, Special D
    Toxic
    double team
    Moonlight
    ?

Infernape (?)
    nature: hasty
    Evs: Speed, attack
    flame charge
    close combat
    ?
    ?

Kingdra (mystic water)
    nature: modest
    Evs: ??
    ?
    hydropump
    ice beam
    dragon pulse

Alakazam (?)
    Nature: hasty
    Evs: Speed, sp. atk
    Psychic
    focus blast
    Thunderbolt
    ?

Salamance (dragon fang)
    Nature: serious
    Evs: atk speed
    dragon claw
    fly
    earthquake
    ?

(open slot)

anything with a ? is I'm not very sure on what move to use, or what stats i should put my Ev's into. any feed back would be greatly appreciated more then you know! thanks so much!

~~Cyanide of A-block

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Umbreon honestly isn't that good because even though it has excellent defenses, its almost non-existent offensive presence makes it easy to set up on. Use Blissey instead because it has better bulk specially and fewer weaknesses than Umbreon:
    -Aromatherapy/Stealth Rock
    -Softboiled
    -Seismic Toss/Flamethrower
    -Toxic/Thunder Wave
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Natural Cure

(Chansey can run the above set too, except that it has to use Eviolite as its item and Seismic Toss as its offensive move).

Infernape is already fast, so Flame Charge isn't going to help it much. Use this set:
    -Fire Blast/Overheat
    -Close Combat
    -Grass Knot/U-turn
    -Stone Edge/Mach Punch
    Nature: Hasty
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb

Kingdra can use an effective Dragon Dance set due to its good bulk and neutral coverage:
    -Dragon Dance
    -Waterfall
    -Outrage
    -Rest/Substitute
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 160 HP/144 Atk/40 SDef/164 Spe (Rest) or 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe (Substitute)
    Item: Chesto Berry
    Ability: Swift Swim

If you really want a Special Dragon attacker, use Hydreigon:
    -Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse
    -Dark Pulse
    -Fire Blast
    -Focus Blast/U-turn
    Nature: Modest
    EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb/Expert Belt

Alakazam can't learn Thunderbolt. Use this set for excellent neutral coverage:
    -Psychic/Psyshock
    -Focus Blast
    -Shadow Ball
    -Calm Mind/Substitute
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 4 Def/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb/Focus Sash
    Ability: Magic Guard

For Salamence, use this Dragon Dance set for maximum coverage:
    -Dragon Dance
    -Outrage/Dragon Claw
    -Earthquake
    -Fire Blast/Roost
    Nature: Naive/Jolly
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb/Lum Berry
    Ability: Intimidate

This slot can be taken up by a Steel type, like Scizor or Ferrothorn to help cover Salamence's (and some of your other Pokemon's) weaknesses:

Scizor:
    -U-turn
    -Bullet Punch
    -Superpower/Brick Break
    -Pursuit/Quick Attack
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 248 HP/252 Atk/8 Spe
    Item: Choice Band
    Ability: Technician

Ferrothorn:
    -Spikes/Stealth Rock
    -Leech Seed
    -Gyro Ball/Thunder Wave/Protect
    -Power Whip/Protect
    Nature: Relaxed
    EVs: 252 HP/88 Def/168 SDef
    Item: Leftovers

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2014
    I dont understand how to spread out Ev's that amazing. i understand how to train them but not calculate them

Umbreon is simply out there as a wall and to let the status problems take out my opponent,
    Isnt infernape a physical sweeper?

and yes, alakazam CAN learn thunderbolt, ive done it numerous times, it also says he cant learn shockwave, but mine does for the time being until i get a thunderbolt TM.

and with the dragon dance set up, how am i going to garantee that i can just keep dragon dancing without dying?

More feed back from additional players as well please. ty

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
    Years
  • Err, no. Alakazam cannot learn Thunder bolt. If you really want Salamence, go for Salamence, but I think Dragonite* would dance much better. Salamence boasts speed while Dragonite boasts bulkiness (more bulky in 5th gen thanks to Multiscale). Infernape can be both Physical and Special, it has 104 base Attack and Special Attack. Chansey absorbs special attacks WAY BETTER than Umbreon. It can troll too by Toxic or T-Wave, can consistently damage foes by 100, thanks to Seismic Toss, and heals too via Softboiled. Not to mention enormous HP and gains even more bulk from eviolite.

You can take note of your EV training progress by starting from 0 and recording the EV's your Pokemon gain every battle.

Dragonite @ Chesto Berry / Leftovers / Life Orb
    252 Attack 252 Speed 4 HP
    Nature: Jolly | Ability: Multiscale
    Moveset:
    ~Dragon Dance
    ~Dragon Claw/Outrage
    ~Fire Punch
    ~Rest (if you're using Chesto Berry) / Roost / Extremespeed / Earthquake

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2014
    i also love dragonite, but im already pretty far into training, my teams basically done minus the EV training. the moves were what needed to be keyed, blissy huh?

And im still pretty sure alakazam can learn thunderbolt, trolol. ive done it.. unless it changed over the generations

EDIT: you say umbreon has no physical damage at all, yet you want a blissy with a base attack of 10 to possibly learn seismic toss?

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Just gunna answer the question about Dragon Dance. You could also use Reflect/Light Screen on another Pokemon (this is for Salamence, btw), and if you pair that with Life Orb, and time it correctly to Roost the turn before the screens expire while you DD, then you basically have a pretty powerful Pokemon there. You could also go for a Moxie nature if you find a DW Bagon w/ Moxie and Dragon Dance, but you can't use Outrage, so in which case you'd go with Life Orb. Just remember that you might have issues with Scizor/Mamoswine/etc's priority attacks. As for Kingdra, you could do the same, but it has the added advantage of not being weak to much "common" priority.

By the way for future references, in this forum we generally need abilities since a lot of those have different possible abiliites and generally mostly complete movesets are better but yeah. ;x I agree with everything else that has been said here though either way.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • i also love dragonite, but im already pretty far into training, my teams basically done minus the EV training. the moves were what needed to be keyed, blissy huh?

And im still pretty sure alakazam can learn thunderbolt, trolol. ive done it.. unless it changed over the generations

EDIT: you say umbreon has no physical damage at all, yet you want a blissy with a base attack of 10 to possibly learn seismic toss?

Just so you know, Alakazam can't learn Thunderbolt

I suggested Blissey because while it can wall most Special attackers to hell and back, it can also do some occasional damage with Seismic Toss (which does damage equal to the user's level; for example if Blissey is at level 100, then Seismic Toss will always do 100 damage except against Ghost Pokemon).

Like I said in my last post, use the Alakazam set I suggested because Psychic + Fighting + Ghost provide perfect neutral coverage.

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
    Years
  • i also love dragonite, but im already pretty far into training, my teams basically done minus the EV training. the moves were what needed to be keyed, blissy huh?

Alakazam can't learn T-bolt.

Seismic toss does a consistent damage EQUIVALENT to the Pokemon's level, like what PlatinumDude said. Chansey is bulkier than Blissey thanks to Eviolite, but Blissey still has access to 1/16 HP recovery with Leftovers. It's really your preference, I prefer Chansey with Eviolite but it needs something that can withstand Psyshock, and other Physical Attacks. Something like Skarmory, Forretress, etc.

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2014
    i find it strange that alakazam can learn charge beam+ shockwave but not T-bolt.

im going to run my umbreon for the soul fact that it is my favorite pokemon.

Anything on having substitute on my kingdra?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • i find it strange that alakazam can learn charge beam+ shockwave but not T-bolt.

im going to run my umbreon for the soul fact that it is my favorite pokemon.

Anything on having substitute on my kingdra?

Substitute on Kingdra blocks status effects, like paralysis or burn, so that it can set up Dragon Dance more easily. For instance, if you predict a Thunder Wave/Toxic/Will-o-Wisp from the opponent, you can use Substitute to block the attack, then proceed to set up Dragon Dance as the opponent breaks the Substitute or switches out.

Back