• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Island [v2.1] - Gen 9, Battle vs yourself, Habitat List and more

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
Do you plan to make it online or put link battles using LANs?
No.

I will need to adapt the entire battle system for working as PvP, and this takes a huge time. Even if I finished this, this game only have Abilites and moves effects up to generation 3, so it will be outdated. I suggest you using some battle simulator like Shoddy Battle.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 29, 2021
No.

I will need to adapt the entire battle system for working as PvP, and this takes a huge time. Even if I finished this, this game only have Abilites and moves effects up to generation 3, so it will be outdated. I suggest you using some battle simulator like Shoddy Battle.

Hmm, i think its really hard to add the PvP system. Well, it just came to my mind to incorporate the socialization of online games where you can meet people in town, PvP battling, and the concept of your game like the shops where you can buy pokemons and the portal that has access to places you can catch pokemon. It's really cool. Yeah Gen3 is a bit outdated but I think this where the real battling starts, like Battle Tower and Doubles Battle. I'm playing at Pokemon Showdown now. Anyways, I really like your game. Great Job!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 12, 2015
Hey, i'm kind of new to the game, it's been just a few days that i'm playing it, and i'm having questions some questions
1) In the sea i found an arrow i thought it will lead me to the portal but it didn't, in the en there just rocks but no portal and i can't go further!
2) Rank 11 there s no new zone??
3) If i wanna capture a lvl 10 pokemon what's the most quickest way to train?
Btw it's really a good game, i find it original than the all other games with same scenario !

nemesish

Azure Trainer
Years
Hey, i'm kind of new to the game, it's been just a few days that i'm playing it, and i'm having questions some questions
1) In the sea i found an arrow i thought it will lead me to the portal but it didn't, in the en there just rocks but no portal and i can't go further!
2) Rank 11 there s no new zone??
3) If i wanna capture a lvl 10 pokemon what's the most quickest way to train?
Btw it's really a good game, i find it original than the all other games with same scenario !

1- It's very hard to escape the Sea, unless ou have an Escape Rope. If you don't have one, there's a little island at the sea who has one.
2- Grind, some ranks later a new area opens.
3- You can rematch trainers on the areas where you have been.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 12, 2015
Yeah i'm not looking to escape the sea i want to find that second portal for the rare candy; and i read some posts saying that i should follow a an arrow, i did find the arrow it points to left down, and i followed it to the max but i found nothing :/

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
I guess that I'v replied to vanmed some days ago, probably some mistake.

1. A little down for this rocks in form of spiral.
2. After rank 10, a new zone only comes after every 3 ranks. By the way, rank 11 unlocks Pokémon Fitness that gives you exp like a new area. It also unlocks Super Rod that gives you a good roster of wild pokémon in several areas.
3. At Arena, when you have a pair Rank or lastest Rank at Colosseum. All using Exp Share.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 11, 2015
Hi. Is there anyway to reduce the lag in Underground? It prevents me from playing happily for a week, I haven't made much progress also...

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
Hi. Is there anyway to reduce the lag in Underground? It prevents me from playing happily for a week, I haven't made much progress also...
What version are you using? I guess that this is fixed on 1.1i, 1.1j and entire 1.2x series. Any other area lags too? If yes, which areas?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 11, 2015
I'm using the latest one. Up to now, there's only Underground. I've tried opening the game alone and the game's still lag...

Last edited:

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
I'm using the latest one. Up to now, there's only Underground. I've tried opening the game alone and the game's still lag...
Latest one = 1.2f . Strange, as I know no other players have an issue only with this area at this version.

Anyway, a way of increasing FPS: Windows 8 have an issue that mess with games that use DirectDraw (like this). One solution is to disable the graphic card:
Sure its very simple,

There is two ways to go changing if the game runs in your integrated graphic or your GPU.

Method 1 (windows 8 and above, + NVIDIA cards)
-When you are about to run the game (game.exe)
-Right click the .exe and select "Run with Graphic Processor"
-And that should give you two option, High performance NVIDIA processor, and Integrated graphics.
-Chose "Integrated Graphics."
-The game automatically start up using the on-board integrated graphics.

Method 2 (windows 8 and above, + NVIDIA cards)
-Open up NVIDIA control panel by right clicking the desktop and choosing it.
-Then select "manage 3D management setting."
-Then under "Program setting" click "Add" and choose "Game.exe"
-Then under "Select preferred graphics processor for this program" select "Integrated Graphics."
-Click apply and run the game.

Method 2 is more complicated, but it is a permanent fix. Whereas method 1 is simpler and fast to do but needs to done every time you want to run the game.

Sometimes even after doing either method 1 or 2, the game still runs on its default setting, to solve this problem you need to use a 3rd party tool to delete the profile saved for the game, I recommend NVIDIA inspector. Just Google "Deleting game profiles using NVIDA inspector." Since its a third party tool I don't want to write instructions for it, I'll point you in the right direction and you can decide which tool is best for you. Once the profile is is deleted, just follow method 2 and everything should be fine.

Sorry but this is a solution for NVIDIA users , I don't know about ATI users. I'm sure there is a way for ATI users too.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 11, 2015
Sadly, I don't use Windows 8. Now I wonder if it was because my weak computer. I'm using Windows XP, CPU Pentium 4 and 1.00Gb of RAM...

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
Sadly, I don't use Windows 8. Now I wonder if it was because my weak computer. I'm using Windows XP, CPU Pentium 4 and 1.00Gb of RAM...
I guess so. I have a little FPS down when I tested this area with a similar computer.

AceRoku

Dev of Pokemon Flare
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 21, 2015
Looks like you put up a lot of work scripting this.

Great job.

Absolumont

Obsessive Clothes Shopper
Years
So, is there a Max Rank in Doubles and Singles?

- Also, I'm loving how I can switch Pokémon in between the Rank Battles. If I had to do an entire rank with only one couple/pair in my Wedlocke, I doubt I would get away with the low amount of deaths that I have now, heh.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
So, is there a Max Rank in Doubles and Singles?

- Also, I'm loving how I can switch Pokémon in between the Rank Battles. If I had to do an entire rank with only one couple/pair in my Wedlocke, I doubt I would get away with the low amount of deaths that I have now, heh.
Yes, but this isn't necessary for beating the game.

It's nice to do this kind of challenge in this game. Be warned that the game becames hard in latter ranks!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 25, 2020
Hey there! I've been playing 1.2f and I'm really enjoying this game! I made an account just to write this (:
I do have a question though:
How many Pokemon are in each area? (Beach, Forest, Den, etc) If there's a list or rough estimate I'd love it. (:

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
Hey there! I've been playing 1.2f and I'm really enjoying this game! I made an account just to write this (:
I do have a question though:
How many Pokemon are in each area? (Beach, Forest, Den, etc) If there's a list or rough estimate I'd love it. (:
Encounters numbers below. This counts pokémon like Tentacool that can be encounter as surfing and old rod as only one encounter, but only on "total" count. This guide isn't error-proof, especially at totals, since I count all manually:

Spoiler:

Back