• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RMT rate my pokemon white random matchup team?

munchhack

Advanced Scripter
Years
  • Garchomp Choice Scarf
    Sand Veil
    4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Careful
    Dragon Claw
    Earthquake
    Stone Edge
    Fire Blast

Excadrill Choice Band
    Sand Rush
    4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Bashful
    Earthquake
    Rock Slide
    X-Scissor
    Return

Ludicolo Life Orb
    Swift Swim
    4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Modest
    Hydro Pump
    Ice Beam
    Energy Ball
    Focus Blast

Gigalith
    Sturdy
    252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
    Quirky
    Stone Edge
    Earthquake
    Explosion
    Stealth Rock

Gallade
    Steadfast
    4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Serious
    Close Combat
    Psycho Cut
    Leaf Blade
    Stone Edge

Forretress
    Sturdy
    252 Def / 252 Spd / 4 Atk
    Serious
    Explosion
    Spikes
    Toxic Spikes
    Gyro Ball

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • As much as I hate to say it, you're going to have to do some re-breeding on some of your Pokemon, particularly Garchomp. Under normal circumstances, its nature should be Jolly. A Careful nature isn't good on it because it's more of a "defensive" nature, and Garchomp is more tailored towards sweeping than defending/supporting. When Black 2/White 2 come, you can teach Garchomp Outrage; this should go over Fire Blast.

Excadrill appreciates the freedom of switching moves to hit opponents hard with the appropriate move, considering that Choice Band leaves it locked into a single move as long as it's in battle. Use and Air Balloon as the item for a temporary immunity to Earthquake. Also, use an Adamant nature; Bashful does absolutely nothing on a Pokemon's stats.

Gigalith is terrible in OU because of its somewhat widespread weaknesses and shallow move pool. Tyranitar should be in there instead because it sets up Sandstorm and has a much better move pool:
    -Stealth Rock
    -Crunch
    -Fire Blast
    -Ice Beam/Superpower/Stone Edge
    Nature: Sassy/Hasty
    EVs: 252 HP/64 SAtk/192 SDef (Sassy) or 56 Atk/252 SAtk/200 Spe (Tyranitar)
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Sand Stream

What exactly is Ludicolo doing on the team? Virizion is a better alternative because of its ability to help with bulky Waters:
    -Calm Mind
    -Giga Drain
    -Focus Blast
    -Hidden Power (Ice)
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Leftovers/Life Orb

or
    -Swords Dance
    -Leaf Blade
    -Close Combat
    -Stone Edge/Hidden Power (Ice)
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe

or
    -Work Up
    -Close Combat
    -Giga Drain
    Nature: Hasty/Naive
    EVs: 104 Atk/152 SAtk/252 Spe

or
    -Reflect
    -Light Screen
    -Taunt
    -Giga Drain/Close Combat
    Nature: Timid/Jolly
    EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 Spe
    Item: Light Clay

Gallade should use an Adamant or Jolly nature to take advantage of its high Attack or decent Speed. Replace Leaf Blade with Night Slash or Trick (latter comes as a B2/W2 move tutor). Give it Expert Belt or Life Orb

On Forretress, just so you know, Gyro Ball gets stronger the slower you are than the opponent and adding in Speed EVs makes it weaker. Using a 0 Speed IV (or something close to it) with no Speed EVs makes Gyro Ball very strong. Make the EV spread 252 HP/176 Def/80 SDef for more bulk. Explosion got nerfed in the generation shift (it no longer halves Defense before it hits). Rapid Spin is the primary option in the last slot to get rid of opposing entry hazards.

munchhack

Advanced Scripter
    Years
  • As much as I hate to say it, you're going to have to do some re-breeding on some of your Pokemon, particularly Garchomp. Under normal circumstances, its nature should be Jolly. A Careful nature isn't good on it because it's more of a "defensive" nature, and Garchomp is more tailored towards sweeping than defending/supporting. When Black 2/White 2 come, you can teach Garchomp Outrage; this should go over Fire Blast.

Excadrill appreciates the freedom of switching moves to hit opponents hard with the appropriate move, considering that Choice Band leaves it locked into a single move as long as it's in battle. Use and Air Balloon as the item for a temporary immunity to Earthquake. Also, use an Adamant nature; Bashful does absolutely nothing on a Pokemon's stats.

Gigalith is terrible in OU because of its somewhat widespread weaknesses and shallow move pool. Tyranitar should be in there instead because it sets up Sandstorm and has a much better move pool:
    -Stealth Rock
    -Crunch
    -Fire Blast
    -Ice Beam/Superpower/Stone Edge
    Nature: Sassy/Hasty
    EVs: 252 HP/64 SAtk/192 SDef (Sassy) or 56 Atk/252 SAtk/200 Spe (Tyranitar)
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Sand Stream

What exactly is Ludicolo doing on the team? Virizion is a better alternative because of its ability to help with bulky Waters:
    -Calm Mind
    -Giga Drain
    -Focus Blast
    -Hidden Power (Ice)
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe

or
    -Swords Dance
    -Leaf Blade
    -Close Combat
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe

or
    -Work Up
    -Close Combat
    -Giga Drain
    Nature: Hasty/Naive
    EVs: 104 Atk/152 SAtk/252 Spe

or
    -Reflect
    -Light Screen
    -Taunt
    -Giga Drain/Close Combat
    Nature: Timid/Jolly
    EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 Spe
    Item: Light Clay

Gallade should use an Adamant or Jolly nature to take advantage of its high Attack or decent Speed. Replace Leaf Blade with Night Slash or Trick (latter comes as a B2/W2 move tutor). Give it Expert Belt or Life Orb

On Forretress, just so you know, Gyro Ball gets stronger the slower you are than the opponent and adding in Speed EVs makes it weaker. Using a 0 Speed IV (or something close to it) with no Speed EVs makes Gyro Ball very strong. Make the EV spread 252 HP/176 Def/80 SDef for more bulk. Explosion got nerfed in the generation shift (it no longer halves Defense before it hits). Rapid Spin is the primary option in the last slot to get rid of opposing entry hazards.
    Ok thanks for the feedback, and also the only reason I have gigalith is because if stealth rock but because tyranitar can learn it I will happily get it, and does tyranitar learn it by level up or do I have to get it by tm in gen 4? Plus, I want speed in my forretress because I want it to attac first because of spikes and toxic spikes so ill replace gyro ball with rapid spin because I didn't even know what attack I was going to use I couldn't think of one.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Plus, I want speed in my forretress because I want it to attac first because of spikes and toxic spikes so ill replace gyro ball with rapid spin because I didn't even know what attack I was going to use I couldn't think of one.

Forretress is a wall/utility mon, it doesn't need speed. If you want fast Spikes you're most certainly using the wrong pokemon for that job. Without an attack move its set up fodder. Even Toxic would suffice as it actually covers spin blockers. Really though Forretress isnt very good its set up fodder, cant hurt ghosts (they'll be coming in to block your rapid spin) and lack of recovery hurts it as it struggles to set up on MANY things, as a Spiking steel its rather outclassed by Skarm and Ferrothorn and as spinner by Excadrill, so id just replace it for a better Spiker and leave spinning to something elsewhich brings me onto my next point.

Garchomp and Excadrill are also banned. Really again people miss this when rating teams ? Its kinda annoying now lol. =\ Landorus and Sand Rush Sandslash (can spin better than forry if you went down that route)/Stoutland are viable replacements respectively. Landorus also benefits from PlatDudes T-Tar (use Sp.Def Tar though since nothing can Take Draco Meteors) suggestion cos of the sand.

Landorus@ Choice Scarf
    252 Atk / 4 Sp.Atk / 252 Speed
    Naive Nature
    Trait: Sand Rush
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - U-Turn

Sandslash @ Leftovers / Life Orb / Passho Berry
    252 Atk / 252 Speed / 6 HP
    Jolly / Adamant Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Rapid Spin / X-Scissor / Return

Or

Sandslash @ Choice Band
    Jolly / Adamant Nature
    - X-Scissor
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Return / Rapid Spin

As for Stoutland

Stoutland @ Choice Band
    Adamant Nature
    - Return
    - SuperPower
    - Wild Charge
    - Crunch

Hope this helps good luck with the team.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Oh my; how could I forget that Excadrill and Garchomp are banned in standard play? But this is Random Matchup; anything could happen I guess.

If you want to stick to Forretress, go with the EV spread I mentioned earlier. As I already mentioned, adding Speed EVs on Forretress makes Gyro Ball weaker. To further elaborate why the spread I mentioned is better, Forretress has the defenses and typing to take hits while it sets up its hazards. Use both Rapid Spin and Gyro Ball together just so Forretress isn't just a "set up entry hazards, spin opposing hazards away then die" kind of Pokemon. But yeah, a different Spiker like Ferrothorn would be a better idea over it, considering that Dark_Azelf already suggested Sandslash as a Rapid Spinner:
    -Spikes/Stealth Rock
    -Leech Seed
    -Power Whip/Protect
    -Gyro Ball/Thunder Wave/Protect
    Nature: Relaxed
    EVs: 252 HP/88 Def/168 SDef
    Item: Leftovers/Shed Shell

munchhack

Advanced Scripter
    Years
  • Oh my; how could I forget that Excadrill and Garchomp are banned in standard play? But this is Random Matchup; anything could happen I guess.

If you want to stick to Forretress, go with the EV spread I mentioned earlier. As I already mentioned, adding Speed EVs on Forretress makes Gyro Ball weaker. To further elaborate why the spread I mentioned is better, Forretress has the defenses and typing to take hits while it sets up its hazards. Use both Rapid Spin and Gyro Ball together just so Forretress isn't just a "set up entry hazards, spin opposing hazards away then die" kind of Pokemon. But yeah, a different Spiker like Ferrothorn would be a better idea over it, considering that Dark_Azelf already suggested Sandslash as a Rapid Spinner:
    -Spikes/Stealth Rock
    -Leech Seed
    -Power Whip/Protect
    -Gyro Ball/Thunder Wave/Protect
    Nature: Relaxed
    EVs: 252 HP/88 Def/168 SDef
    Item: Leftovers/Shed Shell

Ok so I'll take out Excadrill and Garchomp cause either way I don't want to do Random Match up anymore because it is a 3 on 3 battle and I wanted all 6 of my Pokemon so that was a fail xD

Back