• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Writing Sprint #1 (June 20-26th)

Bay

Years
  • Writing Sprint #1 (June 20-26th)

Hey, and welcome to the first writing sprint! This is a short lax challenge where it's like a mini National Novel Writing Month but you set your own writing goal. What happens:

June 19th - Sign ups. Pretty much state what your writing goal will be (finish a scene each day, write at least 500 words a day, finish this story by time challenge ends, etc). If you're late to the party, you can still sign up.

June 20th-26th - Time range for the sprint. I will be making quick posts to check up on your progress

I think that's it. If there are any concerns, don't hesitate to ask. Good luck!

Years
  • I guess I'll be the first to sign up.

I'm going to try to post one chapter at least every two days. And hopefully I'll be getting Chapter 5 posted by tomorrow.

Bay

Years
  • Guess I'll do second sign up, haha.

I've been working on one story and editing/expanding another, so I think Ill try for 500 words a day (or at least finish a scene here and there).

PastelPhoenix

How did this even happen?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    Been going back and forth on this, especially with several days likely to be very busy this week, and I haven't really done a series before. I'm going to attempt to do one of my typical stories (I think they average out about 1600 words) every day or two, and use the various writing prompt communities (the reddit writingprompt subreddit in particular) for inspiration.

Bay

Years
  • Day One Check In

Welcome to the first day of the writing sprint! How is it? Got some writing done? No matter your progress share it here!

(Reminder, those that didn't get to sign up you can still do so during the sprint challenge).

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I'll sign up! I'm probably just going to stick to one page a day of the short story I'm working on.

I haven't written anything yet, but I'll get to it soon, and update when I can.

PastelPhoenix

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    A bit late (I'm usually up pretty late, so technically not the first day), but I did a short story in my collection thread. Total word count: 1724. Will likely spend the entire sprint just building on that one world unless something else really piques my interest and I just have to write it before the idea is gone.

Bay

Years
  • Before Day 2 check in, my progress! Managed to do over 650 today and finished one scene for one of my stories. Kinda need to start mulling over the next few scenes I would like to write.

Day Two Check In

Okay, now for Day Two! Like before, share your progress!

(Oh, I should mention that I'll probably be posting these check ins after midnight Pacific Standard Time. Maybe a little earlier if needed).

Vagrant Pixels

Pixel Artist
    Years
  • Allright.

A tad late, but I'm in. My goal is to write a chapter of a story which I haven't worked on in a week, that I want to constantly push until completion.
    I have five days for this.

Minimum objectives;
    - Complete the Gym Battle chapter. A key moment in the story I'm writing.
    - Pixel (1) character portrait.
    - Pixel (1) event scene.
    - Pixel (1) finished mock-up. Either the town or within the Gym.

Here we go.

Last edited:

PastelPhoenix

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    Finished another bit today. Total word count 1045. Wanted to do more, but didn't want to extend too far and burn out on it.

Bay

Years
  • For Day 2, did a bit of editing and expanding on two scenes (different stories). I think overall I got close to or at 500 words. I hope to get started on a whole new scene for one of the stories next time.

Day Three Check In

Welcome to Day Three! Close to the halfway point. Hopefully everyone is still going strong with their progress.

Vagrant Pixels

Pixel Artist
    Years
  • Starting strong on my own Day 1 out of 5.

Chapter 8 of my pokémon story has been finished. Words: 2024.
    Personal satisfaction level? High.

Ah, this feels good.
    I wonder if I should post it.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    For day three, I finally caught up on the pages I needed. While I was fine writing for day 1, day 2 was spent cleaning. So day 3 was a day to catch up and check how the story is progressing, to see if I might have to bump up my daily goals.

Bay

Years
  • For Day 3, I finished one scene, which was almost 1500 words. D= Guess I was determined to finish that scene off, haha. So tired now.

Day Four Check In

Now it's Day 4. As usual, mention your progress is, no matter how big or how little it is.

PastelPhoenix

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    Bluh, I did like 500 words yesterday. Hoping for something I can actually post today.

Back