• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Adventure - Red Chapter NEW BETA + EXPANSION

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2019
    I downloaded 6.9 and patched it with firered but the screen stays white. So I download beta 6 and patch that which starts up until the point afte I choose the names. When my guy minimizes the game goes black. I"m using Virtual boy on my android device and I don't understand the problem because I got Pokemon Glazed to work just fine.

Sorry, I don't want to be "that guy" but I reaaally want to olaybthis game.

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2016
    You are using the wrong ROM. You need to get another one that is compatible with this hack.

Yuuki_Asura

Rom Hack Lover as of 2009... XD
    Years
  • Thank you! It's a bummer that you have to wait but this hack is worth it. I'm super excited for the upcoming betas and final rom.
    your welcome :)
    I downloaded 6.9 and patched it with firered but the screen stays white. So I download beta 6 and patch that which starts up until the point afte I choose the names. When my guy minimizes the game goes black. I"m using Virtual boy on my android device and I don't understand the problem because I got Pokemon Glazed to work just fine.

Just Get a Clean Firered
    I recomend the Firered rom from Coolrom(dot)com it works fine with me anyway

Aethestode

Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    Will you be updating the Pokemons' movesets to their current gen equivalent?

Maybe in the future beta, but not BEta 7,.

Man the beta 7 screenshots look awesome i love the new pokemon OWs and how everything looks so good i got some questions about this hack

1. Will the title screen be changed at some point from fire red to this hacks name and will you replace the charizards cry in the title menu?

2. Will the final prize from the bike contest be 5000 or 10000 i ask because it was 5000 at first then you changed to 10000 and now its 5000 again

3. Was the miracle seed and another item in the first mew chapter removed in beta 6.9 or its a bug because those items were there in pallet forest in a earlier beta 6 (6.5 if i remember right)

3. Sorry to ask but can you tell where you plan to end beta 7?

1) Not for beta 7.
    2) I think it's 5000, don't really remember
    3) Miracle Seed and some earlier item is back, just that, they won't respawn.
    4) Plan to end Beta 7 after the end of the main chapter.

Hmm... Was the rom, FireRed 1.0? Was it a clean US FireRed rom? Did you pach only with 6.9 beta patch?

Last edited:

Bangladeshi

I sell cookies
    Years
  • Stuck in Vermilion city!Found a Love letter in S.S Anne,and now a guard is standing in my way and says about some bike contest,any idea what should i do now?

Bangladeshi

I sell cookies
    Years
  • Nope,I didn't found s.s robbery so far,I sneaked through the back doors found two guards and talking to one of them warps me to the the back entrance,there was a Ghost pikachu in the gym and now i am carrying it's remainings,but i can't get to the next route or town because of that guard!

Aethestode

Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    Nope,I didn't found s.s robbery so far,I sneaked through the back doors found two guards and talking to one of them warps me to the the back entrance,there was a Ghost pikachu in the gym and now i am carrying it's remainings,but i can't get to the next route or town because of that guard!

=.=...!
    Then that's the reason!!

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2016
    After comparing the differences between Green Chapter's day and night palettes and Red Chapter's day and night palettes, I have to say that Green Chapter looks better, mostly because it does not have that weird pinkish hue, but overall it represents the night time better. I hope you will consider changing Red Chapter's day and night palettes to Green Chapter's day and night palettes.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2014
    I have yet to download any of this but I am interested in playing, what Beta would be recommended to download now or should I wait till beta 7

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2018
    This is just personal opinion as I don't think it's been stated or I missed it,
    but pretty sure rockmanmegaman has yet to set a date for the next beta yet.

But either wait for 7 or download Beta 6.9 (NEW) just go back through a couple pages here to find out and avoid glitches (mainly the more major ones but possibly minor ones as well)

but
    6.9 is the most recent (without to many big glitches)
    original version 6 goes further then 6.9 but is really buggy (not recommended to play by rockmanmegaman)
    5.5 I believe was a fairly stable release as well but ends sooner then 6.9

So again personal opinion, if you want to try it now read up about the glitches to avoid them and download 6.9 or if your willing to wait, wait till version 7 comes out.

I'm personally waiting until the Red's Chapter is complete, first to enjoy the full story as it unfolds. and secondly well... really don't want to replay through the same parts/chapters everytime a new beta is released. But it's okay I can endure the wait!

Aethestode

Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    After comparing the differences between Green Chapter's day and night palettes and Red Chapter's day and night palettes, I have to say that Green Chapter looks better, mostly because it does not have that weird pinkish hue, but overall it represents the night time better. I hope you will consider changing Red Chapter's day and night palettes to Green Chapter's day and night palettes.

Both game uses the same palette

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2020
    How should I evolve Graveler, Kadabra, Haunter, Machoke and others Pokemon which require item such as King's Rock, Metal Coat...... Please reply as soon as possible, thanks!

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2016
    Both game uses the same palette

I'm confused then. When I look at the screenshots underneath the "Day AND Night System" in both the Green and Red Chapters, some of the palettes representing different times of the day are different.

Aethestode

Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    I'm confused then. When I look at the screenshots underneath the "Day AND Night System" in both the Green and Red Chapters, some of the palettes representing different times of the day are different.

The Green one was old, and wasn't updated. I personally like the new one better, it differentiates more.

How should I evolve Graveler, Kadabra, Haunter, Machoke and others Pokemon which require item such as King's Rock, Metal Coat...... Please reply as soon as possible, thanks!

Pokemon like Slowpoke can be evolve with item like King's Rock (don't need to trade, jsut use it on them).

Pokemon that requires trading to evolve (e.g. Haunter -> Gengar) uses the Link Cable Item. However, as of Beta 6.9, there seems to be an error with the Link Cable item as some people have stated that can't evolve their Kadabra. So I'll look into that later.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2016
    I see. Well, if that is the case, and the Red Chapter Palettes are what you are going to use, I would suggest picking a different color for the pinkish hue (I assume this is supposed to be around midnight, where the blackness of night would be at its greatest), you already have a nice looking dusk palette with that red hue, so the pinkish hue doesn't represent the middle of the night very well, it looks more like a "dusk" hue than anything.

I assume to following is true about what you are trying to represent with each different hue, so if it is wrong, my apologies.

leftmost screen shot = morning
    second screen shot from the left = day
    middle screen shot = dusk
    second screen shot from the right = nighttime
    rightmost screen shot = dawn

Back