• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite movies?

Years
  • In no particular order:

Skyfall
    Pulp Fiction
    Inception
    The Dark Knight
    Safety Not Guaranteed
    Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
    Silver Linings Playbook
    Django Unchained
    The Shining
    Poltergeist
    Schindler's List
    Neighbors
    Project X
    American Psycho
    Se7en
    The Silence of the Lambs
    Apocalypse Now

I like me some Nolan/Tarantino/David Fincher what can I say? Plus a ton of others I can't really think of right now.

Lucid

The Wolf of Wall Street
    Marie Antoinette
    Office Space
    Guardians of the Galaxy
    The Princess Bride
    Friday
    Lost in Translation
    The Book of Life
    Interview with a Vampire
    Superbad
    Inglorious Basterds
    Pan's Labyrinth
    The Rum Diary
    Shutter
    Gremlins

Years
  • It's really more of a sequel to the events of the game rather than an adaptation, but yes, it's definitely a good movie!

That's probably a better way to put it, but brain was malfunctioning in the vocabulary department that day. Still doesn't change the fact that it's one of the better movie adaptations of a video game c:

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Too many movies to name so here's a few (however anime movies not counted in this:)

Big Hero 6
    The Three Flavours Cornetto trilogy (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, The World's End)
    August Rush
    Rise of the Guardians
    Wreck-it Ralph
    Pitch Perfect
    Beck (Live Action)
    GANTZ + GANTZ Perfect Answer (Live Action).

Can't think of most of them atm.
    Time Traveller: The girl who leapt through time (Live Action)

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • 1. District 9
    2. How to Train Your Dragon
    3. Slumdog Millionaire
    4. Wreck-it-Ralph
    5. The Silence of the Lambs
    6. Chappie

And that's all I have for now. There are a lot of movies I like, but these would have to be my favorites.

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    8) The Shining (1980), dir. Stanley Kubrick
    The last list had Dr. Strangelove, and I still love it to pieces, but I've realised that I think about The Shining on a much more frequent basis. The only horror film to have truly scared me to the point of nightmares, it's a marvel in that, unlike traditional jump-scare horror, it tells you well in advance exactly what it's going to do, and yet you're still terrified. I've only seen it once, but so much of it has been seared into my retinas that I feel that it's always been a part of me. Much like the Overlook to Jack Torrance!

7) Psycho (1960), dir. Alfred Hitchcock
    Mistakenly categorised as a horror, when it's rather a brilliant double-character study/thriller, Psycho is Hitchcock's best by a country mile. It ratchets up the tension from the word go and never lets up for the entire run-time. The shower scene is, of course, magnificent, but everything that comes before and after it is just a joy to watch. And listen to! It contains possibly my favourite film score.

Love these two. The Shining is my third favorite Kubrick after 2001 and Barry Lyndon. I'll have to rewatch Psycho. I just watched Vertigo and it was mindboggling.

My favorites include.... Persona, Pierrot le fou, The Royal Tenenbaums, Synecdoche New York, and Mulholland Drive.

Years
  • big hero 6, kronk's new groove, captain phillips, wolf of wall street, guardians of the galaxy, anchorman 2, hobbit 2, interstellar, and wreck-it ralph

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • Livewire said:
    BABY

I could never put together a cumulative list, but I've got tons on my mind that strike me as particular favorites:
    Secret Life of Bees
    Big Eyes
    I Killed My Mother
    American Beauty
    Castaway
    Weekend
    North Sea Texas
    Secret Life of Bees
    Unbroken
    Snow Cake

I can't write so much on all of them at the moment, but these came to mind as without a doubt movies I would cherish in a collection if I had them all. I intend on gathering all of my favorites and displaying them in a sort of non-religious shrine so that I can pass them on to some lucky heir when I die. :]

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I have too many favorites. But most of the Nolan movies are on my list. Like The Dark Knight and Interstellar. Not sure if The Prestige and Inception count as my favorites, but they are still super great.

Best animated movies? Finding Nemo, The Lion King and Shrek 2.

Spiff

love child
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 30, 2023
    I'm not really into movies but I will always love Good Will Hunting.

Houndour2005

Banned
    Years
  • 1. Once Upon A Time in America
    2. The Godfather
    3. Goodfellas
    4. The Greatest Show on Earth
    5. La grande belleza
    6. Indochine
    7. L'image manquante
    8. Psycho (1960)
    9. Wreck-it Ralph
    10. TRON

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2022
    Friday
    Office Space
    In Bruges
    Pulp Fiction
    Jersey Girl
    Hitman
    Ping Pong Playa

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • The Guard, Gran Torino, Drive, SuperBad, Pineapple Express, Children of Men, Gone Girl

Just to name a few. ;D

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • this could also reasonably fit into my list. it's weird because the first time I saw it I thought it was a generic, cool-guy-beats-the-shit-out-of-people crime thriller thing, but man was I so wrong. it's one of the most unique and philosophical straight-ahead thrillers that I've ever seen. plus its style is absolutely, like, insurmountable, and it's the coolest thing ever, and the soundtrack is extraordinary. it's a gem of a movie, really.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Some of my favorites are Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, Atlantis: The Lost Empire, The Lion King, How To Train Your Dragon, Mean Girls, and Napoleon Dynamite. I feel like I should say more, but I'm not interested in writing a novel today. :P

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • this could also reasonably fit into my list. it's weird because the first time I saw it I thought it was a generic, cool-guy-beats-the-****-out-of-people crime thriller thing, but man was I so wrong. it's one of the most unique and philosophical straight-ahead thrillers that I've ever seen. plus its style is absolutely, like, insurmountable, and it's the coolest thing ever, and the soundtrack is extraordinary. it's a gem of a movie, really.

I loved it immediately. The mood, the music, the "twists" per se. I loved it since the opening scene.

Back