• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PvE or PvP?

TY

In most video games, there's 2 "modes" people can play.

- Player versus Enviroment (PvE, mainly against computer controlled stuff)
    - Player versus Player (PvP, playing online, on LAN or splitscreen versus)

What "mode" do you prefer? Do you enjoy both or what is it that makes you dislike the other?

I like and play both and it differs per game. For Destiny I mainly like PvE cause I like killing lots of enemies as a one man walking guardian of death and boss fights never seem to bore me. But when it comes to RTS games I like PvP more, since the AI can get predictable and easy to counter once you figure it out completely.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • I personally prefer PvE, since you don't need an Internet connection, it's your fault if you lose, and there's gonna be less complaints of connection lag lmao

Years
  • I am very much a PVE person. I can play it at my own pace, I can play it by myself (well, I don't mind doing it in group content sometimes, as long as people aren't out to just waste my time), and it's generally more relaxing. :> Generally. Not always the case, I know. Hard parts are still frustrating no matter the mode.

Although it's still relaxing compared to PVP stuff for me! Might just be because I can be a pretty competitive person, and PVP will flare that up along with my temper if I happen to be losing whoo. I remember trying to get into that aspect of WoW one time, and I did - but then I stopped because oh my god I was getting really really mad over things. Punching stuff and whatnot. So whenever I get the itch to try PVP out again, not just in that game but in others as well, I'll allow myself to only dabble in it slightly so as not to get too angry again.

Years
  • PvE by far. I don't have the skills to ever handle PvP, especially when my super slow reaction times are thrown into the mix.. PvE tends to be much less fast-paced and doesn't stress me out as much. I've tried going against players a few times across various games but that always resulted in either swift defeats where I came out in last place haha, that's honestly the most I can manage. Maybe second to last or higher up there if I'm lucky. Usually my butt's handed to me in a very one-sided manner. :'(

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Also PvE here - non-player enemies tend to have a pattern to their attacks that you can anticipate and watch out for, which makes them easier to fight, but PvP requires some strategizing and skills that I don't have, lol. And good framerate, which I also do not have.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I prefer PvE unless I'm playing with people I know. For team stuff PvP can be quite infuriating, so the only time I do PvP anything is with crappy internet things like Pockie Ninja/pirate whatever else they have and I also do PvP when it's free for all. I really do prefer PvE though since there's less possible cheating/hacking by your enemies so you don't have to worry about bs.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • As of now I prefer PvE because I pretty much suck and would rather learn alone first before trying some PvP. Plus I also learned some communities could be horrible so I'm not too eager. Oh and I'm not too confident that I won't lag a bit.

Years
  • A little bit of both depending on the game. Something like Tf2 or CSGO I like, but I also like Minecraft how there is no PvP specific mode, but you can use your imagination to have one.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • I'm going to go with PvE, yeah. xD Now, that being said, yes, I do love playing League of Legends, but the gaming community there just ruins the overall experience. Sooo, I tend to favor computer vs. player, for more fun!

Yukari

Mainly because I'm not competative and I don't like the community that PvP usually has.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • I have trauma of PvP. In MMORPGs, there are always the kind of players who prey on newbies, and the penalties for dying were harsh. I also don't like how skilled players make fun of newbies sometimes. So no, PvP is not for me.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • PvP. Sometimes PvE just can't provide that little extra something that PvP does. Plus, why wouldn't you want to test your gaming skills against other gamers? I think it's a great way to really test your skills.

All and all it really just depends on the game.

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
  • It all depends. If its a game made around PvE but has PvP on the side (or has a good mix of both) I will likely stick to just PvE.

However I do play PvP games (primarily DotA 2) a fair amount.

Years
  • Generally I would dip into PvP scenarios but it depends on the game. MOBA and Fighter games I would always lean towards PvP because it's more competitive and AI can only do so much compared to real players; being in a PvP environment helps me try to improve and play better. MMORPGs on the other hand-- probably PvE builds.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I enjoy PvE more than PVP it's because I'm not too fond on competitive playing and mostly battling a live person which know more about depth of competitiveness, skill and their level it's due to they have a very strong strategy or build. PvE is more casually than competitive gaming.

Back