• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Video Game Music 30 Day Challenge

Bay

Years
  • Day 2 - your least favourite song

Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass's overworld theme seems bland to me compared to, say, the very first LoZ's theme. I'm going against enemies here, I need more excitement!

(Heh, also did one for LoZ for this question).

Yukari

I don't have one really. If I don't like music in a game then I just forget about it.

Years
  • Day 2 - Your Least Favorite Song

The character select screen from MvC2 is awful. It's just a 10 second loop of "I WANNA TAKE YOU FOR A RIDE" over and over and over again.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Day 2 - Your least favorite song

I can stand the original Chaotic Dance, but something about Origin's version just grates on me. I can understand that it's a stylistic song, but it feels out of place. At the very least, the "UH UH UH" part is catchy and amusing.

pkmin3033

22nd for me, so here comes Day #3! And I could really use the song; I feel like I've been dragged through a cat flap this morning...

Day 3 - A song that makes you happy

There is just something about Atelier Meruru's opening theme that puts me in a really good mood. Meruru is my favourite Atelier game to date, and this song does a pretty good job of capturing its free spirit and sense of fun. The Dusk trilogy has very subdued openings, and Rorona's and Totori's are pretty average. Meruru's stands out in my mind, and it's pretty catchy to boot.

Years
  • Day 3 - A song that makes you happy
    Mmh I love this song:

It was so soothing in XBC and the scene this was playing in always made cry smile.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Day 2 - Your Least Favorite Song

Same as Orph, really - I've been wracking my brain for an answer to this one but if there's a song I don't like I just end up forgetting about it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Day 3 - A song that makes you happy

Most of The World Ends With You's music just makes me want to get up and dance, it's such a catchy OST. :D

Yukari

For some reason this song always cheers me up. c:

Years

Easy! For me, my happy song is...

"Flower Garden" is one of the cutest Yoshi songs ever. :) It makes one think of a walk in a flower-filled park on a bright and sunny day~

Years

It's so peaceful and relaxing. Brings up a lot of good memories.

Bay

Years
  • Day 3 - a song that makes you happy

I always love rain background music, so I always enjoy walking in the rain whenever I play New Leaf. So relaxing.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years

This song is so full of joy, that it's sweet. Even the name gives off the impression that it's all cheerful with, Gentle Breeze.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm a little late but I guess I'll join in. Don't expect much for explanations though.

Day 1 - your favourite song

Picking favorites is often terribly difficult for me, but I think that for now I'll give it to Bravely Default's Love's Vagrant. Idk I just keep coming back to this one for some reason and it has that sexy ass accordion and stuff.

Day 2 - your least favourite song

I gotta agree with Fun Size and this one.....Crazy Bus title screen music is pretty bad. I suppose it's supposed to sound like this for a reason and I don't hate it with a passion but it's still not fun to listen to.

Day 3 - a song that makes you happy

Hmmmm......song that makes me happy. Uh.....let's go with this one:

@White Mage: Id~Serenity isn't one I ever thought of as a happy track, but it's music so it invokes different feels in everyone.

Last edited:

pkmin3033

23rd of April here...and it seems to be becoming a thing that I kick off the next day, aha.

Day 4 - A song that makes you sad

Oh, HELL. I don't even know where to begin with NieR's ending theme. It's painfully beautiful and absolutely perfect, considering how heartbreaking the game's endings are...especially the second. I hear this and I'm reminded of how stunned I was when I finished the game. It never fails. No other track has had quite the same effect on me.

Back