• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Sorry if this has already been asked but do you need to have an account paid for to use the pokebank? Like in if I transport all of my pokes from my 5th gen. game if the paid for account expires can I still use it?
    I believe you can still get the free trial of 30 days. If your trial is up/your paid account expires your Pokemon will remain there "in the cloud" or whatever the term is but you won't have access to them. I'm not sure how long they remain until deleted.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
  • I believe you can still get the free trial of 30 days. If your trial is up/your paid account expires your Pokemon will remain there "in the cloud" or whatever the term is but you won't have access to them. I'm not sure how long they remain until deleted, quite awhile though I assume.

Sorry for not explaining myself good enough, I have already paid for the year since my 30 day trail expired on the 5th, if I transport all of my pokes can I still (if I leave them in the bank) put them on my 6th gen. game after that expires?

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Sorry for not explaining myself good enough, I have already paid for the year since my 30 day trail expired on the 5th, if I transport all of my pokes can I still (if I leave them in the bank) put them on my 6th gen. game after that expires?
    No, you will not have access to them unless you pay for another year. And again, they're not deleted right away, but eventually they would be.

XpokeX

I'm a ninja and im..... gone
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2023
    Hey guys it's me,I need some help with making a competitive yamask/cofagrigus.
    So right now I'm thinking of
    Nature-Relaxed
    Moveset
    -trick room(quicker)
    -calm mind(sweep,extra sp.def)
    -shadow ball(STAB)
    -rest(recovery)
    EVs-252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef

Or

-Calm mind(same as above)
    -Will o wisp(status)
    -Hex(works well with will o wisp)
    -rest(recovery)

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
    Years
  • My Pikachu who is Level 67 (I think) knows Quick Attack, Thunder, Thunderbolt and Double Team at the moment, and I Super Trained it's Speed stat to the max (I plan on getting it a Light Ball anyway). However, I still find it to be a bit slow compared to several other Pokemon when I battle other Trainers online. Other than levelling up, what can I do to get it's Speed stat to the highest? Because of Pikachu's naturally low HP and defense stats it usually has to go first or it gets K.O'd. Thanks for any help.

What are your Pikachu's speed IVs?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Nature-Relaxed
    Moveset
    -trick room(quicker)
    -shadow ball(STAB)
    -rest(recovery)

This set looks good; only change I would make is replace Calm Mind and Rest with Nasty Plot and Will-O-Wisp, respectively. That way, you'd have an easier time sweeping. n_n" If you're planning to use it defensively, then you should probably keep it the way it is.

XpokeX

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2023
    This set looks good; only change I would make is replace Calm Mind and Rest with Nasty Plot and Will-O-Wisp, respectively. That way, you'd have an easier time sweeping. n_n" If you're planning to use it defensively, then you should probably keep it the way it is.

If i do put will o wisp and nasty plot in,will hex work better than shadow ball? (130 power with burn status)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Hey guys it's me,I need some help with making a competitive yamask/cofagrigus.
    So right now I'm thinking of
    Nature-Relaxed
    Moveset
    -trick room(quicker)
    -shadow ball(STAB)
    -rest(recovery)

Or

-Calm mind(same as above)
    -Will o wisp(status)
    -Hex(works well with will o wisp)
    -rest(recovery)

If i do put will o wisp and nasty plot in,will hex work better than shadow ball? (130 power with burn status)
    Hex is not worth using because it's weak if the opponent isn't statused. Relying on a statused opponent to deal massive damage is bad. I'd rather use Shadow Ball for the strong, consistent Ghost STAB. Oh, and Trick Room Cofagrigus should look like this:
    -Trick Room
    -Nasty Plot
    -Shadow Ball
    -Hidden Power (Fighting)
    Nature: Quiet
    EVs: 248 HP/252 SAtk/8 SDef
    Item: Leftovers

XpokeX

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2023
    Hex is not worth using because it's weak if the opponent isn't statused. Relying on a statused opponent to deal massive damage is bad. I'd rather use Shadow Ball for the strong, consistent Ghost STAB. Oh, and Trick Room Cofagrigus should look like this:
    -Trick Room
    -Nasty Plot
    -Shadow Ball
    -Hidden Power (Fighting)
    Nature: Quiet
    EVs: 248 HP/252 SAtk/8 SDef
    Item: Leftovers

How do i actually get a fighting hidden power? I'm really confused on the calculation

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    How do i actually get a fighting hidden power? I'm really confused on the calculation

Trust me, after spending more than two weeks (it could have been three weeks for all I know) trying to breed s Steel type hidden power on my Zorua, it is SO much more effort than it's worth. I hate seeing move sets all over the place that just willy nilly throw hidden power on everything in specific types because on paper it's one thing, and on pokemon simulators it's easy to just type in the hidden power you want, and using hacking devices it's easy to get, but in the real game where you have to breed for specific IV types, particularly when you have to sometimes sacrifice helpful stats in order to get a type it's just absolutely not worth it! I often wonder if all the people that suggest hidden power on everything and it's sister actually bred the pokemon themselves or if they just recycle smogon suggestions. But anyway, now that my rant is over, you can use this guide to tell you what stat you need to get what hidden power type (you can ignore the power as gen 6 all hidden power types are 60 base power): http://www.psypokes.com/dex/hp.php

Now, these are maximum values, you don't necessarily need maximum values. For example, to get a bug type hidden power it says you need 31 IV in every stat but SpDef and speed, which it lists as 30. You don't need to have 30 in SpDef and speed, that's just the maximum it can be. as long as it's an even number (28, 26, 24, etc) in SpDef and speed, it will still be bug type. (the other stats don't need to be 31, even though that's what you would want to aim for if you're breeding, they only need to all be odd numbers, while SpDef and Speed need to be even numbers, then it will always be bug type hidden power) I hope that made sense.

EDIT: To get fighting type hidden power, you need to have your HP and Attack IVs at 31 (or just odd numbers) while all the rest of your stats need to be 30 (or just even numbers)

XpokeX

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2023
    Trust me, after spending more than two weeks (it could have been three weeks for all I know) trying to breed s Steel type hidden power on my Zorua, it is SO much more effort than it's worth. I hate seeing move sets all over the place that just willy nilly throw hidden power on everything in specific types because on paper it's one thing, and on pokemon simulators it's easy to just type in the hidden power you want, and using hacking devices it's easy to get, but in the real game where you have to breed for specific IV types, particularly when you have to sometimes sacrifice helpful stats in order to get a type it's just absolutely not worth it! I often wonder if all the people that suggest hidden power on everything and it's sister actually bred the pokemon themselves or if they just recycle smogon suggestions. But anyway, now that my rant is over, you can use this guide to tell you what stat you need to get what hidden power type (you can ignore the power as gen 6 all hidden power types are 60 base power): http://www.psypokes.com/dex/hp.php

Now, these are maximum values, you don't necessarily need maximum values. For example, to get a bug type hidden power it says you need 31 IV in every stat but SpDef and speed, which it lists as 30. You don't need to have 30 in SpDef and speed, that's just the maximum it can be. as long as it's an even number (28, 26, 24, etc) in SpDef and speed, it will still be bug type. (the other stats don't need to be 31, even though that's what you would want to aim for if you're breeding, they only need to all be odd numbers, while SpDef and Speed need to be even numbers, then it will always be bug type hidden power) I hope that made sense.

EDIT: To get fighting type hidden power, you need to have your HP and Attack IVs at 31 (or just odd numbers) while all the rest of your stats need to be 30 (or just even numbers)

Seems tedious o.o,btw thnx for the very detailed explanation,i really appreciate it :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Seems tedious o.o,btw thnx for the very detailed explanation,i really appreciate it :)

it's extremely tedious! and in order to get my Zorua to have Steel type hidden power I only needed to have ONE stat at 30 (Sp Def) so I can't imagine going through the arduous task of having FOUR stats at 30 (or at least at an even IV number on each one, not necessarily 30 as Base power is now no longer a concern, but the lower the IVs are the lower the stats are)

uncleteemo

Platinum God C:
    Years
  • Hi guys, I've been sifting through some competitive pokemon and i've seen some of them with 0IVs in a certain stat. Is there any advantage of having that, wouldn't it be worthwhile to get close to perfect IVs?

Thanks for reading :)

XpokeX

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2023
    Hi guys, I've been sifting through some competitive pokemon and i've seen some of them with 0IVs in a certain stat. Is there any advantage of having that, wouldn't it be worthwhile to get close to perfect IVs?

Some trick room users,would want to have as low stats in speed as possible(lower the speed the faster) so,so far thats the only thing i can think of o.o and also in some hidden power calculations i guess?

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • Some trick room users,would want to have as low stats in speed as possible(lower the speed the faster) so,so far thats the only thing i can think of o.o and also in some hidden power calculations i guess?

Also, special attackers benefit from having a low attack IV so that they take less confusion damage and damage from Foul Play.

For example, the Pyroar I use is 31/0/30/31/31/31 which gives me minimum attack and HP Ice.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Hi guys, I've been sifting through some competitive pokemon and i've seen some of them with 0IVs in a certain stat. Is there any advantage of having that, wouldn't it be worthwhile to get close to perfect IVs?

Also there's certain moves (like Gyro Ball) that are stronger the lower the user's speed is compared to the target's speed. So if you get the IV down to 0 and it has a nature that further decreases it's speed (like Brave for example) it is as slow as it can possibly get (you can also give it a certain hold item to make it even slower if you want as well, but most likely there's better uses for a hold item) so it can inflict the highest possible damage on it's opponents

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Um, not sure if this belongs here, but what is a shiny Phione worth? I just want to make sure(If I trade it) that it's fair.

depends on where you ask. Certain boards will want to know nature, IV's, etc and give a limited list of what they deem equal to a phione, however having two full boxes of legendary pokemon (one of them exclusively event legendaries) I know that just about any shiny can get you any legendary you want if you're patient enough (and therefore any pokemon that isn't legendary at all too!). I had a Shiny Metagross and a Shiny Talonflame I was able to trade for a 6IV Shiny Darkrai. If you don't care about IVs, you can even put it up on the GTS and literally ask for ANYTHING (except specific event pokemon, so no Mew, Arceus, Shaymin, Victini etc) and you will get it, no problem. Then if it's an unbreedable kind of pokemon that you asked for, simply put that back on the GTS asking for the same pokemon and keep doing that until you get the nature you want.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back