• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon FireRed: Origins

Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
Well That's odd as I a leafeon on my team which is a Sinnoh pokemon and besides when do we get the national dex in this game or I must complete the Kanto pokedex first?

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
Well That's odd as I a leafeon on my team which is a Sinnoh pokemon and besides when do we get the national dex in this game or I must complete the Kanto pokedex first?

Since Leafeon is more than likely an expanded pokemon, it does make sense because Game Freak's limitation only works for the Pokedex they made back in the day with comprehend the JohtoDex and the HoennDex, they never thought about people being able to expand the amount of pokemons on their own and such.

About the National Dex, iirc, Oak gives it to you with 60 pokemons caught.

Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
oh okaii Thanks and btw Natural cure ability doesn't work Like when my starmie got poisoned I switch it out and in and it still has the poison status

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 17, 2016
Am I supposed to be able to go to and complete the quest for Sevii Islands 4-7 before challenging the Pokémon League for the first time? After I gave Celio the Ruby, I was able to get the Rainbow Pass and get the Sapphire, beat the League for the first time and obtain the National Pokédex, yet I am still unable to evolve my Seadra with a Dragon Scale.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
Am I supposed to be able to go to and complete the quest for Sevii Islands 4-7 before challenging the Pokémon League for the first time? After I gave Celio the Ruby, I was able to get the Rainbow Pass and get the Sapphire, beat the League for the first time and obtain the National Pokédex, yet I am still unable to evolve my Seadra with a Dragon Scale.

No, the Ruby and the 4-7 Islands should happen AFTER the League, iirc.
If even while having the National Dex you can't evolve Seadra, then there's definitely a problem over there.

Also, just wanted to mention a bug i've just found, the scientist at Cinnabar Island's Lab doesn't want to take my fossils and revive 'em.
I have a Domo and a Helix Fossil, yet, he says: "You! Have you a fossil for me? No! Is too bad!"
Also, here's a video about it just in case: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzOIUINe8RE

EDIT: Also, on Treasure Beach I was only able to find random items and the Aurora Ticket.
Where is the Mystic Ticket? :/ ...
Tried using the Itemfinder but it doesn't detect anything else over there anymore.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2016
No, the Ruby and the 4-7 Islands should happen AFTER the League, iirc.
If even while having the National Dex you can't evolve Seadra, then there's definitely a problem over there.

Also, just wanted to mention a bug i've just found, the scientist at Cinnabar Island's Lab doesn't want to take my fossils and revive 'em.
I have a Domo and a Helix Fossil, yet, he says: "You! Have you a fossil for me? No! Is too bad!"
Also, here's a video about it just in case: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzOIUINe8RE

EDIT: Also, on Treasure Beach I was only able to find random items and the Aurora Ticket.
Where is the Mystic Ticket? :/ ...
Tried using the Itemfinder but it doesn't detect anything else over there anymore.
I'm aware of the Cinnabar Island glitch but I have no idea how to find it. The mystic ticket should be there... It says it is on my copy of advance map.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
I'm aware of the Cinnabar Island glitch but I have no idea how to find it. The mystic ticket should be there... It says it is on my copy of advance map.

Welp.. you could just make a simple script using checkitem, removeitem and givepokemon for the 3 fossils and that's it, sounds quite easy.

About the ticket, okay, I'll just check using it then since the Itemfinder doesn't work for it.

Also, yet another bug, my rival Mega Evolves his Blastoise in our fight inside the Silph S.A. Building, the problem? Mega Blastoise doesn't look so "Mega" xD ..
nmhkitP.png

EDIT: And then this happened when I've beaten him:
f597ahS.png

EDIT2: Oddly enough, Giovanni does sucessfully Mega Evolve his Kangaskhan, thought that it could be worth to mention it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen yesterday
Welp.. you could just make a simple script using checkitems for the 3 fossils and that's it, sounds quite easy.

About the ticket, okay, I'll just check using it then since the Itemfinder doesn't work for it.

Also, yet another bug, my rival Mega Evolves his Blastoise in our fight inside the Silph S.A. Building, the problem? Mega Blastoise doesn't look so "Mega" xD ..
nmhkitP.png

I had the same issue when I battled him West of Viridian (last battle before heading to Victory road). Somehow when he sent out his Rhyhorn, it had the Mega Blastoise sprite.
Also the fossil scientist in Cinnabar only recognizes the Old Amber; I have both Helix & Dome & he doesn't offer to revive them.
Fun hack btw :) Good job & good luck straightening out the few oddities.

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2016
Welp.. you could just make a simple script using checkitem, removeitem and givepokemon for the 3 fossils and that's it, sounds quite easy.

nmhkitP.png

EDIT: And then this happened when I've beaten him:
f597ahS.png

EDIT2: Oddly enough, Giovanni does sucessfully Mega Evolve his Kangaskhan, thought that it could be worth to mention it.
In that battle, was the Blastoise sent out first? It seems to be glitching since the Blastoise should be a higher level than the Growlithe. What moves did they each use?

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
In that battle, was the Blastoise sent out first? It seems to be glitching since the Blastoise should be a higher level than the Growlithe. What moves did they each use?

I rushed through the battle so I didn't saw it, actually, I just beaten Sabrina who also got the same problem with her Alakazam x.x ..
THc9Dph.png

EDIT: I'm just about beating my rival on Route 22, i'll record the whole thing, gimme 5 minutes.
EDIT2: Ohkay, yeah, pretty much the same thing as Silph S.A. Building's fight happened now and I've got it recorded.
Go to 00:34 for it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htZb2Hi7yQo
Also, it seems like the Mega Evolution treatened Blastoise as if it were a Rhyhorn, mentioned it just in case.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2016
I rushed through the battle so I didn't saw it, actually, I just beaten Sabrina who also got the same problem with her Alakazam x.x ..
THc9Dph.png

EDIT: I'm just about beating my rival on Route 22, i'll record the whole thing, gimme 5 minutes.
EDIT2: Ohkay, yeah, pretty much the same thing as Silph S.A. Building's fight happened now and I've got it recorded.
Go to 00:34 for it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htZb2Hi7yQo
Also, it seems like the Mega Evolution treatened Blastoise as if it were a Rhyhorn, mentioned it just in case.

Are you using the most recent version? In the most recent fix I reorganized all the trainer battles with Mega Evolution. Basically Mega Evolution only works if the pokemon being Mega Evolved is first in the trainer's party. In all rival battles where Mega Evolution takes place they should send out their starter Pokemon first and immediately Mega Evolve them.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
Are you using the most recent version? In the most recent fix I reorganized all the trainer battles with Mega Evolution. Basically Mega Evolution only works if the pokemon being Mega Evolved is first in the trainer's party. In all rival battles where Mega Evolution takes place they should send out their starter Pokemon first and immediately Mega Evolve them.

You silently updated the main post so I didn't even realized, but no, I'm definitely not using the last version since TMs aren't reusable and Wild Pikachus still doesn't have the Light Ball.
Yesterday I called it a day when I reached the Indigo Plateau, so yeah.. I'll download the latest IPS and see if the rival's last battle is as bugged as the previous ones or not.

EDIT: Ohkay, the E4 worked perfectly with the August 10th's update.
Just one thing tho, Koga would fit better if one of hix Onix gets replaced by a Mega Evolutionable Steelix.
Every single other E4 Member got 1 Mega Evolution, but he didn't got any and it was kinda sad xD ..
I'll be doing the Sevii Islands Plot and the 2nd Run through the E4 later.

EDIT2: Idk what I was thinking at the moment of writing yes, but yeah, I meant Bruno.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2016
You silently updated the main post so I didn't even realized, but no, I'm definitely not using the last version since TMs aren't reusable and Wild Pikachus still doesn't have the Light Ball.
Yesterday I called it a day when I reached the Indigo Plateau, so yeah.. I'll download the latest IPS and see if the rival's last battle is as bugged as the previous ones or not.

EDIT: Ohkay, the E4 worked perfectly with the August 10th's update.
Just one thing tho, Koga would fit better if one of hix Onix gets replaced by a Mega Evolutionable Steelix.
Every single other E4 Member got 1 Mega Evolution, but he didn't got any and it was kinda sad xD ..
I'll be doing the Sevii Islands Plot and the 2nd Run through the E4 later.
Yeah... I assume you mean Bruno, but yes. I decided he just wouldn't have mega Evo until the 2nd time through. On that one everyone Mega Evolves. It's heartbreaking. Also in advanced map the mystic ticket is about 6 or so tiles to the left of the aurora ticket.

So I still need to fix the fossils and resurrection and I'm working on that right now. Hopefully I will update either tonight or tomorrow. I might also try to remove the version of DNS that came with the ROMbase and install a newer, fresh version. Hopefully that will fix those bugs.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
I think I've found another bug: Even tho I just finished the Ruby & Sapphire Quest in the Sevii Islands, the Vermilion's Sailor doesn't give me the access to Birth Island & Navel Rock even tho I already have both tickets.

EDIT: Wild Mewtwo, Raikou, Entei and Suicune on the Six Island's Pattern Bush, nice one.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2016
I think I've found another bug: Even tho I just finished the Ruby & Sapphire Quest in the Sevii Islands, the Vermilion's Sailor doesn't give me the access to Birth Island & Navel Rock even tho I already have both tickets.

EDIT: Wild Mewtwo, Raikou, Entei and Suicune on the Six Island's Pattern Bush, nice one.

hmmm Do you know if there I have to include a set flag to initiate those? Damn! I forgot to change it to Mew. I intended for it to be Mew and the 3 dogs.

RomHackerFireRed

Yo, thanks for this awesome hack i can mega evolve charizard to mega charizard x?

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
hmmm Do you know if there I have to include a set flag to initiate those? Damn! I forgot to change it to Mew. I intended for it to be Mew and the 3 dogs.

I didn't understand what you tried to say.
Imho, a simple Wildbattle for each dog and Mew in specific locations should be the way to go.

Yo, thanks for this awesome hack i can mega evolve charizard to mega charizard x?

Yeah, you can.
You need to get the Mega Keystone which a little girl in Mr. Fuji's house gives to you and then speak with the little boy that also lives there, he'll give you the Charizardite X, Charizardite Y, Blastoisite and Venusaurite.

Once you have those, equip the Charizardite X to Charizard, go into a battle, pick "Fight", press "START" and choose your attack.

Sgt. Heracross

I Heracross my heart that I'm better than the rest
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
Just wanna say I love the hack so far, only just got started but it looks very promising. However, I have a few questions (or I guess you could call them bug reports, I'm not sure.)

1. Are the starters on Route 1 intentional? Great idea, and I'm definitely going to make use the three starters on my team, but I wanted to make sure.

2. I tried talking to the guy walking around outside of Oak's lab out of curiosity, but he didn't say anything. And then I noticed that I already had the PokeDex (and even the National Dex) without doing the Oak's Parcel mission. Also, in the Bag, the icons for the 'Cancel' thing are just blacked-out glitchy icons for the item above it. Very minor, but it's very odd. Anyone else notice these things, or is it just me? Did anyone try talking to the "technology is great" guy outside of the lab?

3. Is there any way you can tone down the colors for the Day/Night system? I found myself getting a little bit of eyestrain due to the harsh tints (mostly the orange-ish color during the evening), so I'm going to try not to play for too long at a time. As a note, I checked the ROM base because I thought that might have been the issue, but it's the right one.

Back